descension

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Lord Thanatos
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

yay, now i can descend my friends and pass them! wo0t!
Xbox Live tag: LordThanatos117. Play me in Gears of War, LOTR BFMEII, or just chat.
Thanatos God of death
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Forum wrote:ok - after reading hte 20+ pages of arguments, and looking at the 'popular' opinions (ie majority) ..... this is what will be INITIALLY launched. it can be altered over time, as everything can, but this is what will be "beta'd" and coded....

main account and ascended status are tied.
if ascended status is fully active, ascended bonuses on main account are as they are now.
if ascended status is vacationing, ascended bonuses on main account are halved.
if ascended status is 'descended' (1month long), no ascended bonuses on main account.

if you are descended in ascension, you are put on an automatic 3week 'vacation' where you cannot access the ascended account, then a 1 week protection period. During these 4 weeks, you are considered 'descended' for the purposed of main account.

I will restate that this will affect those with more ascensions to a greater degree, as they should be better able to protect themselves. It hurts the seldom ascended less, obviously, as they are weaker in ascension and although easier to descend (theoretically) the 'penelty' is less.
For those that say it is not really a penelty since it is temporary, I hold that keeping someone down is just as penalizing as a 'one at a time' knocking down....
I believe this approach balances what has been worked hard to gain, and the desire for some 'real' effects when descending someone.

if you change race to a normal race on main, there is no penelty on the main account, but as always - you are stuck in a normal non-ascended race until you ascend again.

if you vacation on main, it does not affect your ascended account.

Descension will not be 'one on one' but it will be limited over time such that personal attacks cannot be continuous. Attacking someone -even weaker - personally, will have a cost, too ....

I will start putting the 'labels' in place on main for the vacationing, etc, but the actual effects will not be implemented until after they are tested and pre-announced.

It is also likely some attack restrictions will be lifted/removed when the final relaase of this goes live....

admin jason.

Overall it looks, good! It sounds to me that you might need to look into reascending( ie when someone reascends then he's should be back in the playing field.)

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
lord morlock wrote:I like it, except for the bit about the forced 3 week vacation in ascended. Since you can only be descended once per month (correct?) then that leaves you out of comission for 3 weeks, while your attacker kicks back, rebuilds, and grows stronger. Now you'll have the 1 week ppt to rebuild, which isn't bad, but you can only rebuild so much in one week, especially if the person(s) who descended you in the first place were kind of enough to wipe out the physical aspects of your account. (ie: Planets of all kinds).

I don't have a better suggestion, I'm simply stating my opinion that this setup severely limits the ability of recovering people to retaliate in any way; especially if someones holding a grude and plans to continue targeting them on a long term basis.

thats why my original idea included having your vacation generate half the naq your account normally could make during those 3 weeks, in addition to your one week APA(Ascended Protection Assembly).

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

Well DM is important, but 4 weeks of planet production is what will kill in the end. Since there is a small chance of catching say, General Lucky planet product at 20k+. and no way to desend him, he's aways going to be getting more powerful. However if we look at someone newish say in the ranks 100-200 we find that they can be greatly hurt if there account loses 3 weeks of planet production.

Basicly you are going to find that if anyone is desend then there ascended account will never recover. Since your not getting turns, or planets your not growing, your getting smaller compare to everyone else.
stefanos
Fledgling Forumer

has voluntary descension been taken into consideration,or will that just be a deletion of acount and if so will that have ramifications on your main account
Eric Cantona wrote: "When the seagulls follow the trawler....
it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea".
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

high empty wrote:Well DM is important, but 4 weeks of planet production is what will kill in the end. Since there is a small chance of catching say, General Lucky planet product at 20k+. and no way to desend him, he's aways going to be getting more powerful. However if we look at someone newish say in the ranks 100-200 we find that they can be greatly hurt if there account loses 3 weeks of planet production.

Basicly you are going to find that if anyone is desend then there ascended account will never recover. Since your not getting turns, or planets your not growing, your getting smaller compare to everyone else.

Umm genluck hit 20k many many months ago lol, its just a taaad bit higher now lol (I have no clue btw so dont bother asking, and even if I did... don't bother asking). If you want to find out, recon him (yea I dare ya lol).
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

chunkysoup wrote:
high empty wrote:Well DM is important, but 4 weeks of planet production is what will kill in the end. Since there is a small chance of catching say, General Lucky planet product at 20k+. and no way to desend him, he's aways going to be getting more powerful. However if we look at someone newish say in the ranks 100-200 we find that they can be greatly hurt if there account loses 3 weeks of planet production.

Umm genluck hit 20k many many months ago lol, its just a taaad bit higher now lol (I have no clue btw so dont bother asking, and even if I did... don't bother asking). If you want to find out, recon him (yea I dare ya lol).

LOL But you prove my point, and i knew it was 20k in i think aprilish. @ 20k that's what 600k planets, and i haven't seen too many people with just 600k planets and that's what he would make in a month. Seeing this you find that if someone desended someone there is no point in the person playing anylonger as the people that desended them will be that much further ahead. This is ofcourse thinking that noone in the top 30 will target eachother. OFcourse they shouldn't as most are in the same allaince or have a pact with an allaince.
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

high empty wrote:This is ofcourse thinking that noone in the top 30 will target eachother. OFcourse they shouldn't as most are in the same allaince or have a pact with an allaince.

I'm at peace with all but 2 people on page 1, and those 2 are unworthy targets lol
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

Check out this thread for a possible method of making it up to the few of us who actually play ascension because we wanted a different challenge.

http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/vie ... hp?t=43293

With this descension update, Forum has clearly stated that the ascension server is nothing more than a conduit for main power (ie. the vacation mode debacle, where you still get to keep some of your ascended bonuses while remaining undescendable). If this is true, let's at least reward the players who play ascension well with power in main without weakening anyone else.
Tyveris
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 48638

i have a couple of questions about descension -

do all defenses/attack/spies/assassin and command star need to be removed b4 'God' attacks take place (assuming that is the attack required to descend someone?) and does it work by reducing someones' life force to zero?

if this is the case and it takes a lot to get someone to zero what happens if i take a HUGE ascension on main - say 500K ascension points which equals 15 mill ascension points and dont spend them? - will i be virtually impossible to descend?

now ive worked quite hard on my ascended account but purely because i started playing many months after the top 50 accounts say i am absolutely eons behind - with 1v1 not being necessary whats to stop DD (as the superior force in ascension) basically descending myself or anyone else - stripping me of main bonuses - pretty much disabling my ascended account (1 week to rebuild wont be enough for most accounts) and then doing it all over again 1 month later?

thx for reading

:wink:
Tyveris [ ~Rogue Trooper~ ]

dont be fooled by my army size!...(Lifers) (24,625,210)...doh!
AI_
Fledgling Forumer

if you know anything about DD you know that we are not bullies. we willnot go around just descending ppl kuss we feel like it. we have more honour than that :wink:

anyway forum will tell us how exactly it will work... i hope :P
Dirty Dozen Command Staff
Tyveris
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 48638

AI_ wrote:if you know anything about DD you know that we are not bullies. we willnot go around just descending ppl kuss we feel like it. we have more honour than that :wink:

anyway forum will tell us how exactly it will work... i hope :P

i didnt say that....however there will be the option there if you choose to exercise it...and that i feel is wrong....

my other question still stands though...if i do an absolutely huge ascension which i convert into life force without using them....how much effort would it require to wipe out 15 mill life force?

:wink:
Tyveris [ ~Rogue Trooper~ ]

dont be fooled by my army size!...(Lifers) (24,625,210)...doh!
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

It depends on how exactly descension will work. Until now forum hasn't given us a clue about that so we are in the dark.

I'm pretty sure that with 15 mil life force no one will be foolish enough to lose all his turns for a very long period of time to descend you. No matter what stats you have, you can be descended ..... the problem is if it's worth the effort .... and with 15 mil life force I say it's ot worth it.
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

Great, the bonuses I spent months and months getting will be worthless after someone (who probably was able to ascend and rebuild into 5 glory per turn ranks as soon as they came back each time, and ascend 10 times in a month) decides on a whim to descend me, or will be worth half once I go to vacation mode so it never happens. Great.

Ascension should have been completely seperate from Main, have all the crazy things you want, but keep them in the ascended server.

This is like making your attack upgrades in chaos stack with your main bonuses, for no reason.

Instead of making people play ascension, it will STOP them even thinking about playing. The day this comes in, wham, most of the server will switch to vacation mode. For the people who do play ascension, won't that be fun, losing 80% of the server. And I really doubt the rest won't follow after they get descended once, considering how expensive it is for some people to actually make the effort to ascend.

Going from 30% to 15% is not a really bad trade for not losing every bonus you have, or you can jump out of vac mode, mass someone with your 30% in Main, then jump back to vac mode in ascension.

The alternative, is having your entire bonus removed for a month, being out of the game for 3 weeks, and then having 1 whole week to rebuild after being reduced to nothing in ascension, at which point someone will probably descend you again for kicks.

This is a horrible decision, it will completely kill off the ascension server. No-one will want to login, they will just hit vac mode, take the half power hit, and ignore ascension server forever.

Whilst telling everyone they know to not bother with it anyway, all the time and naq and people to get to LG+1, will either get wasted in days, or you will only get half the bonus.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
jaden juki
Forum Newbie

i like the sound of the updates but can we at least have ppts in ascended please so we can atleast have a fighting chance dont have to be market ones but pay cash ones instead and even it up slightly.

or how about double ppts in main and ascended so peeps get the chance to work on things a little more and actully play the ascended server (might be in the wrong place but as we ar talking about updates)

main ppt cost 7 bill for example main + ascended ppt cost 15bill or the same in uu and turns times 2 one main- ascended double ppt per week.

again its a idea

monkeyboy
MGZ
Forum Irregular

stop whining that you aren't prepared. ascension is coming and it won't stop. do what all the other whiners are (or at least should be) doing - building defense in ascension as fast as possible.
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

I for one hope that there isn't a sudden craze of Descending people for the hell of it - I don't want to lose 5 pages of farms :P

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”