descension

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

descension

ok - i apologize for the delay. I could not release something i was not sure of. This is my proposal, that i think will work:

descension is accomplished when one ascended being 'bests' another, down to zero life/reserve life.

a 'one on one' attack can happen anytime, but any defensive army steps in to stop it....damage on the attack goes to ascended being first, then army.

the ascended being att/def is worth about 1mil times regular army, judged by 'action points'.

an ascended fight will ensue, if all other defenses are broken. it will be one on one.

IF a being loses all its life and reserve life, it is descended.

IF a being is descended, it gets 1 week protection on the ascended realm.
It cannot be descended again for 1 month.
it gets descended on main server, losing all ascended bonuses for ONE MONTH.

When one month is up, normal main bonuses return; ascension returns to normal (can be attacked personally).

This is the basics. Comment away :)
Last edited by Forum on Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

Will there be a limit on how regularly a player can engage in a battle to descend another player (attacking and descending one player, then another, then another)?

Also, what will the effect of re-ascension be on an account that is currently in a descended state (both on the Main and Ascended servers)?
Piranha
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Descended for one month? Then how are we supposed to descend someone completely? ;) I think this should be increased a little. Cos most people dont touch their ascension accounts and couldnt care less. So, their main should be hit with a bit more.
Lord-RahL
Forum Expert

The only parts I would like to see changed would be the time limits after the decentions..

One week being "protected" in ascention seems way to long, I would say a max of 3 days would be plenty, cause keep in mind it will take a HUGE effort to actually "decend" someone.

As for the losses in main... Sounds great but all someone would have to do is go on a huge PPT run while waiting for the month to be up.. Why not make it where they would actually have to rebuild their ascended account up to where they were before they were decended to get their main bonus back. That way they would actually have to play both servers and not "vacation" on one and ppt the other...

RahL
Revan
Forum Newbie

so basically what your saying is deascension is not permeant at all? cool :P
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

1) no, but there will be a 'delay' between descension attacks on another.
2) can not do it. ascension banned while descended. glory not decided.

The Dalek Empire wrote:Will there be a limit on how regularly a player can engage in a battle to descend another player (attacking and descending one player, then another, then another)?

Also, what will the effect of re-ascension be on an account that is currently in a descended state (both on the Main and Ascended servers)?
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

wow forum i like it.

cant believe i didnt think and post that de-ascension is a time scaled (the effects, not permenant) disadvantage.

hope to see it soon!

can i just ask tho, what happens with the weapons on our main account. they go back to race specific weaker ones with same quantity or just lose the 30% bonus for 6 ascensions. still ascended weapon type tho
RETIRED
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

the 2nd one.

Chris M wrote:wow forum i like it.

cant believe i didnt think and post that de-ascension is a time scaled (the effects, not permenant) disadvantage.

hope to see it soon!

can i just ask tho, what happens with the weapons on our main account. they go back to race specific weaker ones with same quantity or just lose the 30% bonus for 6 ascensions. still ascended weapon type tho
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i did not mention the mark of shame on the main server account, but that is because it is a suprise ;)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

can only be on ppt 4/7 dyas a week....

Lord-RahL wrote: Sounds great but all someone would have to do is go on a huge PPT run while waiting for the month to be up..
RahL
Mr_Ocko
Forum Newbie

Forum wrote:i did not mention the mark of shame on the main server account, but that is because it is a suprise ;)

wow, that will be interesting... ROFL
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

Forum wrote:2) can not do it. ascension banned while descended. glory not decided.

Go for no glory/rep gains :P One should not feel glorious and successful while skulking around as a shadow of their former self.

All sounds really good though. Fantastic new dynamic to Main, and great that it lasts long enough to be a real thorn in the side, yet not a total end to years of work.

Something should be done about the people hiding behind vacation mode if this is going to happen though - either link Main and Ascended, or remove the Ascended bonuses to Main accounts while the corresponding Ascended account is in vacation mode (harsh, but motivating).
Lord-RahL
Forum Expert

Actually all they would have to do is go on PPT starting on Wednesday night, get their 2nd one on Friday night, it would run out on Sunday night, the market resets sunday night/monday mourn Get a "NEW" PPT when market resets and then the 4th PPT in a row on Tuesday night which will run through till Thursday night. Which is basically an 8 day ppt. After the ppt is over all they will have to do is "vacation" till they can PPT again.

I only bring this up because I have run into it many times while trying to mass someone. If I take the time and use all the resources to decend someone I want to be able to hit them on main also.. Not stay on PPT and VAC all the time..

RahL
madcat
Forum Intermediate

i like it, a month is long enough to really hurt a main account (just think of how much you can advance in a month)

but is like others have said, not a total waste to a 'year' of work!!

all i would like to know is, how many attacks are we talking to descend someone, i realise that this would be based on how much life force u have, but could you give us a basic example forum?

other than that, very pleased :-D good work

Lord-RahL wrote:Actually all they would have to do is go on PPT starting on Wednesday night, get their 2nd one on Friday night, it would run out on Sunday night, the market resets sunday night/monday mourn Get a "NEW" PPT when market resets and then the 4th PPT in a row on Tuesday night which will run through till Thursday night. Which is basically an 8 day ppt. After the ppt is over all they will have to do is "vacation" till they can PPT again.

i may be wrong but don't you need to wait 48hours after being on PPT to go into vac mode?

NO LONGER A TDL MEMBER - but i still like the sig :)

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

you ahve 1 day after the last ppt/vac to get them.
would have been 2-5 days, but the masses complained about 'emergencies' needing vacation :)
see 'enhancements released' on main thread....

Lord-RahL wrote:Actually all they would have to do is go on PPT starting on Wednesday night, get their 2nd one on Friday night, it would run out on Sunday night, the market resets sunday night/monday mourn Get a "NEW" PPT when market resets and then the 4th PPT in a row on Tuesday night which will run through till Thursday night. Which is basically an 8 day ppt. After the ppt is over all they will have to do is "vacation" till they can PPT again.

I only bring this up because I have run into it many times while trying to mass someone. If I take the time and use all the resources to decend someone I want to be able to hit them on main also.. Not stay on PPT and VAC all the time..

RahL

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”