descension

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
MGZ
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

AGAIN - descending someone will be HARD AS HELL, so it is EXTRAORDINARILY unlikely there will be people descending others 'for the hell of it'
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

MGZ wrote:AGAIN - descending someone will be HARD AS HELL, so it is EXTRAORDINARILY unlikely there will be people descending others 'for the hell of it'

I think you underestimate the pettiness of the SGW playerbase.

Also, do you have any idea how decension actually happens?

If it's shorter than say 10 hours, people will jump to vac mode, because they can be descended whilst they sleep, no-one will take that risk.

The server will become a race to see which ascended alliance\group descends everyone else, and probably then attempt to remove everyone but themselves from ascension, or force them onto vac mode, so they keep their 30% bonus, whilst everyone else has 15% or worse.

Decension will ruin the server.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
Rukia
Forum Elite

make a way to remove the petty descensions then...
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

Shizune wrote:make a way to remove the petty descensions then...

Hopefully decension is heavily regulated to prevent overpowering and abuse, and hopefully something both sides need to agree to, and both sides can suffer the consequences. A player should not be able to descend someone without having to risk it happening to themselves in a one on one, totally declared by both sides, duel.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
MGZ
Forum Irregular

I like the whole 'one-on-one, win or be descended risk for both sides', but if both sides must agree, then a lot of people will never accept the challenge and descension battles that people want will never happen
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

MGZ wrote:I like the whole 'one-on-one, win or be descended risk for both sides', but if both sides must agree, then a lot of people will never accept the challenge and descension battles that people want will never happen

Well, if they don't do that... decension will be a all in free-for-all, which will quickly empty the server of players.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
law7441
Forum Regular
Alliance: Nemesis Sect
ID: 23739

MGZ wrote:AGAIN - descending someone will be HARD AS HELL, so it is EXTRAORDINARILY unlikely there will be people descending others 'for the hell of it'

yes they will that one of th reason I don't what it to come in, some people who do these just for the funny of it.
scben
Fledgling Forumer

Forum wrote:
Descension will not be 'one on one' but it will be limited over time such that personal attacks cannot be continuous. Attacking someone -even weaker - personally, will have a cost, too ....

It is also likely some attack restrictions will be lifted/removed when the final relaase of this goes live....

admin jason.

if u would note that forum has already said that it wouldn't be a one on one fight for descending. but still i don't think it will be a free for all it as it will still be hard to take someone out.
General Midget Man
Fledgling Forumer

Just a question (not sure if its been answered or not)
But dont you think it would be better to finish the ascended wars game before you start decending people? for example...

Cosmic Trade: Coming soon to a cosmos near you....

Just a though? why have a half finished game and start decending people from it? why not finish said game then work on decention??
Newest
Favourite
~not telling~

yea...the market would be nice
Rukia
Forum Elite

i say no to the cosmic market...
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

Cosmic Trade would be summed up in the phrase "Good by balance and real solo play, hello Main Server Redux".

This thread isn't about CT though - if you want to talk about how you think Forum should look into that rather than Decension start another thread on it in Suggestions. :-)
Ston
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: Ascended Stone
ID: 13514

as long we cant transfer goods to each otehr i dont see a problem with the market -of course the exchange rates must be correct (turns very exspensive!!)
Hntrchan
Forum Newbie

It all makes sence to me.

These updates force people who;

did quick ascensions.
took the bare minimum of there main accounts with them.
never play ascnended.

but expected to have 30% above everyone else on main, for next to nothing.

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt the purpose of the ascended server to shake up the top 10% of the game by having people spend a substantial amount of there main resources there by giving others a shot.

It looks to me that it does just that, This update seems like a well planned update (9 months past due) and will continue to shake up things.

Brava Zulu to admin.

If those players that scoundered there sixth ascension and the AP that goes with it need more now to survive, They will now have to go and spend the resources they saved by being cheap and ascend again for 1%. Atleast you will stand a fighting chance on ascended. And back to the intial purpose of shaking things up on main by taking millions of UU and trillions of naq out of play on main. And lastly effecting those people whos exsist solely to sell resources, to pay there way through a doctorate at (insert IV league College here). ;-)
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

Hntrchan wrote:If those players that scoundered there sixth ascension and the AP that goes with it need more now to survive, They will now have to go and spend the resources they saved by being cheap and ascend again for 1%.

No... they won't. They will just vac mode and take a 15% penalty. Better than losing it all for months at a time.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”