Ascended

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: Ascended

Ascended server is the part of the game that is an obligation not a pleasure, never played it, never intend to play it, and if Im descended everytime I go to bed or work, or spend time away from the game for several hours in RL then I dont really see the point in playing any more.

IMO

PPT in main should be in ascended too, the whole point of PPT is so you can take a break from playing for RL.

Descending anyone should take from 12-24 hours so they at least have a chance to login and notice whats going on.

Basically RL comes first

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Admin has over fixed a problem, again

Put it back to 1/3 of LF or decrease ToC to make it feasible to have a life
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
kojak
The Voice of Reason
Alliance: The Dark Dominuim
Race: Scottish
ID: 88279
Alternate name(s): Brucey

MEZZANINE wrote:Ascended server is the part of the game that is an obligation not a pleasure, never played it, never intend to play it, and if Im descended everytime I go to bed or work, or spend time away from the game for several hours in RL then I dont really see the point in playing any more.

IMO

PPT in main should be in ascended too, the whole point of PPT is so you can take a break from playing for RL.

Descending anyone should take from 12-24 hours so they at least have a chance to login and notice whats going on.

Basically RL comes first

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I 100% agree with the above...
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

vac your account then.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

hey your not the only one with a real life...........or is it the people doing the direct assualt shouldnt have a life?
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:hey your not the only one with a real life...........or is it the people doing the direct assualt shouldnt have a life?

Multiple people can do descension attacks, Descension attacks are not forced by people to do.

Only one person can repair their account, defending is forced as you must keep watch at all times if you actually want any benefit.

PPT is a reasonable idea to allow those to take similar time off on ascended compared to main, and not have to spend time watching their account to make sure they don't get descended.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Iƒrit
Forum Addict

BMMJ13 wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:hey your not the only one with a real life...........or is it the people doing the direct assualt shouldnt have a life?

Multiple people can do descension attacks, Descension attacks are not forced by people to do.

Only one person can repair their account, defending is forced as you must keep watch at all times if you actually want any benefit.

PPT is a reasonable idea to allow those to take similar time off on ascended compared to main, and not have to spend time watching their account to make sure they don't get descended.

at the same time you cant log in for 1 minute 3 times a day? if you care about not being decended thats all it takes, so why come here critizing wanting to have more time... its 3 mins out of an entire day.....
kojak
The Voice of Reason
Alliance: The Dark Dominuim
Race: Scottish
ID: 88279
Alternate name(s): Brucey

Yeah because in the 8 hours I am at work, the 1 hour travelling each way = 10hours, I cant log in, GW banned at work.

So your point really is invalid mate, when it comes to this. Its not possible for me to get on for at least 10 hours in a day.

Koji.
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

BMMJ13 wrote:

People's moaning about "having" to login to ascended is flawed. A decent ascended account can already last way over 12 hours before it can be descended. If I login once a day I know there is no chance of anyone descending me. People I see complaining, spend hours playing the main server, when it takes just seconds to refill LF on ascended.

When you hit PPT on main...vac your ascended account...it's a simple solution, sure your income will take a bit of a dip - but surely if you're only on PPT because you want a break away from the game then you won't care for the naq you earn? other then that what effect does being on ascended vac have on a main account on PPT?

Despite what some people seem to think, the majority of "decent" ascended players won't descend people without provocation, i.e you over farm them on main\ascended or you're at war with them. Simply put we have better things to spend our turns on then descending randoms.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

kojak wrote:Yeah because in the 8 hours I am at work, the 1 hour travelling each way = 10hours, I cant log in, GW banned at work.

So your point really is invalid mate, when it comes to this. Its not possible for me to get on for at least 10 hours in a day.

Koji.

well possibly develop your stats so you don't have to check it so often......my point isnt invalid. If you are that worried as to being decended then vacation it and upgrade it as you can till you have no worries about going to work and home.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

One of the biggest problems for years was that it was much easier to build defensive personal levels than TOC.

This resulted in players becoming complacent. They didn't need to log in because they couldn't be descended.

If a player doesn't log onto ascended (within a reasonable time frame) then they should be able to be descended,
despite their personal levels.

If a player spends a little time farming DMU, then they can can build decent personal levels to reduce the risk
and significantly extend the time it takes to be descended.

Game Update 2011 wrote:Considering doubling TOC moving the time between ascended on ascended attacks back to 3 hours.

If a player has high personal levels then its now going to take at least 15 - 24 hours before they can be descended.

I agree that the minimum descension period should be increased from 9 to 12 hours.

If a player doesn't want to play ascended then they can keep their existing ascended blessings and become a Daimon.

The downside is that they will lose double casualties in war but players should not get something for nothing.

Game Update 2007 wrote:If you wish to DESCEND YOURSELF - ie 'quit ascension' .. you can.
You will become a 'Daimon' - basicly a fallen divinity...This is the only race open to fallen ascendeds who chose their own demise... The bonuses are: whatever your ascended account was giving to your main account at the time of banishing yourself, MINUS the ascended blessing (so no unique tech to this race.) (for example if you were prior, you got 5% bonus on att/def/cov/income, and the ascended blessing, and new weapon valus. You keep all but the ascended blessing.) A Daimon DOES NOT GAIN GLORY and, in battle and covert, TAKES DOUBLE CASULAITIES -- basicly, they are living fast and dying fast :). From this race, you can choose a fully mortal race, or keep this race. No other options.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

The thing you seem to be missing is YOU CHOOSE to try and descend someone. If you are in an alliance war then work as a team to descend someone.

If someone is farming you too much and you want to descend them by yourself to make a point then alocate the time.

@Robe - I agree if people are inactive then they should be able to be descended, but i don't agree no matter their defencive levels. If they have put the effort in to properly defend their account then why should theybe descended?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Duderanch wrote:

The thing you seem to be missing is YOU CHOOSE to try and descend someone. If you are in an alliance war then work as a team to descend someone.

If someone is farming you too much and you want to descend them by yourself to make a point then alocate the time.

@Robe - I agree if people are inactive then they should be able to be descended, but i don't agree no matter their defencive levels. If they have put the effort in to properly defend their account then why should theybe descended?

and you choose to not log in?? whats your point... you assert that people should have time away from game unless they are trying to descend...I am pointing out the hypocrisy. All people have real lives here not just those who don't wanna have to worry about ascended.
Last edited by Iƒrit on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

No, i'm saying poeple should have to log into defend themselves, i just think there should be a minimum 12hr gap beween when you apsolutely HAVEto log in to defend yourself for people like me that work long shifts with lots of travel and no access to PC.

How is that hypocrcy exactly?
Last edited by Duderanch on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

that was not the implication I received via your comment, my apologies for misunderstanding. You already have a 9 hour handicap, if you work your levels up you can easily achieve 12+ hours.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”