Ascended

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Comador
Forum Irregular
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
ID: 0

Ascended

I could not find a post all ready so sorry if I did not see one.

Game updates:

* Considering doubling ToC moving the time between ascended on ascended attacks back to 3 hours.
* Set relations returns you to the players stat page, not your base.
* Added 'reset relations' option.
* Increased ascended attack power to formula: energyLifeForce * (1+ energyAttackPowerLevel/1000) * (1+ energyAttackPowerLevel/1000) * (1+ energyAttackSkillLevel/1000) * (1+ energyAttackSkillLevel/1000)
This effectively increases the TOC making it a *bit* easier to descend someone, without altering the time it takes to do so.

the two colored lines do not make sense bottom one you start off keeping time the same then top line you go back to 3 hours which is way to much time

the TOC going bigger has been great and it adds a new dimension to ascended with maybe more people playing there but when you change the time to descend a person back to 3 hours it then takes you back to before the TOC went bigger....

so if you had been able to descend someone in 4 hits around 7 1/2 hrs now it is around 9 hours so the chances that you will be able to descend a active person is taken away so then instead of more activity on ascended it will go back to a inactive place because you then only need to log on maybe once a day or maybe not even that much.
I AM

Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): jix

Re: Ascended

your ToC is doubled thou so it cuts the time needed if i'm understanding it correctly
Last edited by Jixxi on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

I don't see how that is bad. In fact it should be longer, like 12 hours. You shouldn't be able to sleep through the amount of time it takes to descend you, no matter how bad your account is. I think admin should even add a ppt option so people can take a break from ascended the same was as main, as this update has made a lot of accounts a lot easier to descend.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

renegadze
Forum Elite

Comador wrote:I could not find a post all ready so sorry if I did not see one.

Game updates:

* Considering doubling ToC moving the time between ascended on ascended attacks back to 3 hours.
* Increased ascended attack power to formula: energyLifeForce * (1+ energyAttackPowerLevel/1000) * (1+ energyAttackPowerLevel/1000) * (1+ energyAttackSkillLevel/1000) * (1+ energyAttackSkillLevel/1000)
This effectively increases the TOC making it a *bit* easier to descend someone, without altering the time it takes to do so.

the two colored lines do not make sense bottom one you start off keeping time the same then top line you go back to 3 hours which is way to much time

the TOC going bigger has been great and it adds a new dimension to ascended with maybe more people playing there but when you change the time to descend a person back to 3 hours it then takes you back to before the TOC went bigger....

so if you had been able to descend someone in 4 hits around 7 1/2 hrs now it is around 9 hours so the chances that you will be able to descend a active person is taken away so then instead of more activity on ascended it will go back to a inactive place because you then only need to log on maybe once a day or maybe not even that much.

At last, someone who finally realises the detremental effect of moving the time back to 3 hours.

Moving this time setting means a lone player is pretty much stopped from descending anyone - hey I don't mind, I'm in a large alliance, but I was under the impression thinks were meant to be changed to make it fair for all?

A bad account should be easier to descend...it by it's very description is bad! Why should those that have never bothered to play get an extension on how long it takes to descend them? This has really taken the minimum to descend someone back to 12 hours...and that's if you manage to get your hits in on the exact minute everytime. WORST ascended update to date!

I wonder if Admin realises he just made a load more accounts undescendable again lmao

@ Jixxi, your comment clearly shows you're new/don't no much about ascended.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

renegadze wrote:
Comador wrote:I could not find a post all ready so sorry if I did not see one.

Game updates:

At last, someone who finally realises the detremental effect of moving the time back to 3 hours.

Moving this time setting means a lone player is pretty much stopped from descending anyone - hey I don't mind, I'm in a large alliance, but I was under the impression thinks were meant to be changed to make it fair for all?

A bad account should be easier to descend...it by it's very description is bad! Why should those that have never bothered to play get an extension on how long it takes to descend them? This has really taken the minimum to descend someone back to 12 hours...and that's if you manage to get your hits in on the exact minute everytime. WORST ascended update to date!

I wonder if Admin realises he just made a load more accounts undescendable again lmao

@ Jixxi, your comment clearly shows you're new/don't no much about ascended.

Yup on the spot with that 1

basically walking in circles now...
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

I think inactivity in ascended should cause in return a lower time required to be descendable.
Inactivity starting from 15 days. Lower and lower adding 7 days, with 1 month being the minimal.
There were posts about this in an ascended suggestion thread.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=180377

After all, people sleep and work, but people who don't log in for weeks is a different thing and dealt with differently.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

I don't see how changing it from 2.5 hours to 3 hours makes it suddenly undescendable.

If it takes 20 hits its 60 hours of 50 hours.
If it takes 5 hits its 15 hours instead of 12.5 hours.

All increased slightly, not a huge amount.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

renegadze
Forum Elite

BMMJ13 wrote:I don't see how changing it from 2.5 hours to 3 hours makes it suddenly undescendable.

When TL descended Duderanch it took over 60 hours...if he had another 10 hours worth of LF generation this task would have become exponentially longer...and he was being whacked by 4 of the top 5 TOC's ingame.

Sure TOC's have effectively been doubled, but this doesn't mean you cause double dmg when hitting
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

renegadze wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:I don't see how changing it from 2.5 hours to 3 hours makes it suddenly undescendable.

When TL descended Duderanch it took over 60 hours...if he had another 10 hours worth of LF generation this task would have become exponentially longer...and he was being whacked by 4 of the top 5 TOC's ingame.

Sure TOC's have effectively been doubled, but this doesn't mean you cause double dmg when hitting

Ahh I see what you mean. Maybe then the time should be decreased, but the minimum damage shoudl be increased. Something such as 1/4 Damage Maximum and 2.5 hours between hits (takes 12.5 hours to descend at minimum).
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

renegadze wrote:

yup lol the defensive power up's %'s lower it Allot....time should be lowered again :P
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

GOLDEN WING wrote:
renegadze wrote:

yup lol the defensive power up's %'s lower it Allot....time should be lowered again :P

I would say it actually does more than double damage.

Before you would hit with say 1 bil, they would bounce back or otherwise remove 60% of it, being hit with 400 mil. Over 3 hours, they would gain back 200 mil of that. So you would remove 200 mil of it per hit.

Now you hit with say 2 bil, they bounce back or otherwise remove 60% of it, being hit with 800 mil. Over 3 hours, they would gain back 200 mil of that. So you would remove 600 mil per hit.

This can change depending on the person defense levels, but it's the basic idea of it that it's overall easier to descend.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

EbilCC
Forum Addict

yes time should be put down again :smt106 :smt021 as stated those with good accounts that were easier to decend now arent as easy as it appears

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
renegadze
Forum Elite

BMMJ13 wrote:
GOLDEN WING wrote:
renegadze wrote:

I would say it actually does more than double damage.

Before you would hit with say 1 bil, they would bounce back or otherwise remove 60% of it, being hit with 400 mil. Over 3 hours, they would gain back 200 mil of that. So you would remove 200 mil of it per hit.

Now you hit with say 2 bil, they bounce back or otherwise remove 60% of it, being hit with 800 mil. Over 3 hours, they would gain back 200 mil of that. So you would remove 600 mil per hit.

This can change depending on the person defense levels, but it's the basic idea of it that it's overall easier to descend.

Erm no.

Energy Repulsion Level
(you can bounce back 40% of the damage directed at you, before it reaches you) 800
Personal Constitution
(you will only take 60.00% of the damage that reaches you) 800

I would have already repulsed 40% then reflected another 60% of the figure that was left

2bil TOC - repulsed 800mil - leaves 1.2bil
1.2bil TOC - reflect 60% - which is 720mil

Leaves about 480mil (and I believe something else actually reduces this further, as a 2bil TOC has never been close to causing this much dmg to me)

Ascended Life Force Recovery Rate Per Turn 95,933,751 Ascended Life Force

so 3 hours = 6 turns = roughly 570mil LF I will recover between 3 hour hits
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

renegadze wrote:Erm no.

Energy Repulsion Level
(you can bounce back 40% of the damage directed at you, before it reaches you) 800
Personal Constitution
(you will only take 60.00% of the damage that reaches you) 800

I would have already repulsed 40% then reflected another 60% of the figure that was left

2bil TOC - repulsed 800mil - leaves 1.2bil
1.2bil TOC - reflect 60% - which is 720mil

Leaves about 480mil (and I believe something else actually reduces this further, as a 2bil TOC has never been close to causing this much dmg to me)

Ascended Life Force Recovery Rate Per Turn 95,933,751 Ascended Life Force

so 3 hours = 6 turns = roughly 570mil LF I will recover between 3 hour hits

And if their old TOC was 1 bil, it would be:

1 Bil TOC - repulsed 400 mil - leaves 600 mil
600 mil TOC - reflect 60% - which 360 mil

Leaves 240 mil.

By being double the amount of attack power, it's basically dividing the recovery time in half or making the time before half as much, henceforth doing more than double damage to most.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

A little test from my ascended calculator:

2 bil TOC 700 Defense Levels 800 MNEC
Number of Hits to Descend 13
[spoiler]125,594,974 Life Force
1,994,045,000 Life Force Reserves

Max Damage by Attacker 357,012,500 per hit.
Life Force Recovery Rate 48,061,112 Life Force
Life Force Reserves Fill Rate 23,220,537 Life Force[/spoiler]

4 bil TOC 700 Defense Levels 800 MNEC
Number of Hits to Descend 4
[spoiler]125,594,974 Life Force
1,994,045,000 Life Force Reserves

Max Damage by Attacker 714,025,000 per hit.
Life Force Recovery Rate 48,061,112 Life Force
Life Force Reserves Fill Rate 23,220,537 Life Force[/spoiler]

So even though the TOC is double (and damage done by TOC is double since it's all % based), it actually is something like 3x better at descending, because the person defending has less time to recover and their rates are exactly the same as before.

Because of this, I see going back to the 3 hours fine, as because of the powers, you've already made it like you can get it so that less is refilled, with it being more effective the bigger the difference is up until the maximum damage you can do. Admin did basically the same as keeping the old TOC but lowering the time in between hits to 1.5 hours.
Last edited by BMMJ13 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”