Old Dirty Dozen?

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

Re: Old Dirty Dozen?

Suzuk wrote:
schuesseled wrote:He has a fair point, Dirty Dozen no longer exists. :roll:

'Fair' is your opinion. I personally think it's disrespectful, but that's just my opinion.

You can't expect someone not to have a name similar or the same as you. I for example don't go around pm'ing people with the name ragnarok to change their name for it is dis-respectful :)

Perhaps the way he spoke to you is dis-respectful, kind of depends if you believe in such a thing, respect I mean, it is a imaginary thing after all.
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Suzuk wrote:After sending a polite message to their "leader" requesting they change their name, this was the response I received.

????? um is it an alliance already in the game . simple answer no it is not.

The dude has a point and it's hardly disrespectful. :roll:
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
dazman
Forum Elite
ID: 0

For those that don't know Dirty Dozen was a great and powerful alliance back in the day. It was to be preserved in the rankings with Genlucky as the leader, but the admin deleted it.

Suzuk asked nice to change the name. We are old DD members and we let the alliance name retire. These fakes are renewing the name that is retired without permission.

This is why its war time.
disturbed_one wrote:its a war game so if by us massing random peeps ruins the game for them then maybe they should go play with barbi dolls ;)
Trade feedback thread~
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=70898
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

dazman wrote:For those that don't know Dirty Dozen was a great and powerful alliance back in the day. It was to be preserved in the rankings with Genlucky as the leader, but the admin deleted it.

Suzuk asked nice to change the name. We are old DD members and we let the alliance name retire. These fakes are renewing the name that is retired without permission.

That is why you shall be mocked and ridiculed. QQ
dazman
Forum Elite

Dr. House wrote:
dazman wrote:For those that don't know Dirty Dozen was a great and powerful alliance back in the day. It was to be preserved in the rankings with Genlucky as the leader, but the admin deleted it.

That is why you shall be mocked and ridiculed. QQ

By who?
disturbed_one wrote:its a war game so if by us massing random peeps ruins the game for them then maybe they should go play with barbi dolls ;)
Trade feedback thread~
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

By me for QQing over some noobs that are using the name of an alliance that was disbanded years ago and has been all but forgotten.
dazman
Forum Elite

Dr. House wrote:By me for QQing over some noobs that are using the name of an alliance that was disbanded years ago and has been all but forgotten.

What makes you think it's been forgotten.

And keep up your talk bigboy.
Trade feedback thread~
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Guys I liked DD, had many friends there and was even a part of it on Quantum, but you can't expect that noone will make an alliance named Dirty Dozen or similar to it any time in the future just because DD rocked.
First you say they're noobs, then you say that they're basically ruining DD name on purpose by creating this alliance. Dirty Dozen disbanded 2 years ago, give or take a month or two, if I remember correctly, so how should a noob know every alliance in game from 2 years ago or even more?

Don't get me wrong, DD rocked and will always be remembered on how they influenced the game, heck had someone mock the name of DD and some players or be disrespectful to it, I'd probably mass them myself, but you can't blame a noob for creating an alliance named like an alliance, of which they know nothing, not that it even existed, which was disbanded 2 years ago. That noob probably didn't even play at that time, let alone joining the forums and read something about DD.

Also dazman I think what Dr. House was trying to say with last post is that DD isn't forgotten, hence the "all but forgotten", but I can be wrong as English isn't my mother tongue.

Names are just triggers for our memory to remind us about something, but no name can ruin a memory of something.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Lord Neqa'el
Forum Intermediate
Alternate name(s): Source of Evil

Some of us are still around... moving in the shadows...
"Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Kopite mourning,
Why so many taken on that day,
Justice has never been done, but their memory will carry on,
There'll be Glory round the Fields of Anfield Road"

Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Neimenljivi wrote:Guys I liked DD, had many friends there and was even a part of it on Quantum, but you can't expect that noone will make an alliance named Dirty Dozen or similar to it any time in the future just because DD rocked.
First you say they're noobs, then you say that they're basically ruining DD name on purpose by creating this alliance. Dirty Dozen disbanded 2 years ago, give or take a month or two, if I remember correctly, so how should a noob know every alliance in game from 2 years ago or even more?

Don't get me wrong, DD rocked and will always be remembered on how they influenced the game, heck had someone mock the name of DD and some players or be disrespectful to it, I'd probably mass them myself, but you can't blame a noob for creating an alliance named like an alliance, of which they know nothing, not that it even existed, which was disbanded 2 years ago. That noob probably didn't even play at that time, let alone joining the forums and read something about DD.

Also dazman I think what Dr. House was trying to say with last post is that DD isn't forgotten, hence the "all but forgotten", but I can be wrong as English isn't my mother tongue.

Names are just triggers for our memory to remind us about something, but no name can ruin a memory of something.

~N

I agree with this completely, it's what I was saying except being mean about it.

When I said "all but forgotten" I meant that while they haven't been forgotten, it's not like it was yesterday they disbanded or that they are still fresh on everyone's mind. For the most part, everyone has moved on and DD is only mentioned in passing when people feel the need to reminisce. Hence "all but forgotten."
Suzuk
Forum Regular
Alliance: Brothers in Arms

I disagree. He knows full well who The Dirty Dozen are...

Ascened Ancient
ID: 10373

I've seen his misspelled name around here for years.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Doesn't matter.
Suzuk
Forum Regular
Alliance: Brothers in Arms

Dr. House wrote:Doesn't matter.

To you.
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

These kind of topics make me wish I would have played since the game creation.Ive saw DD aa few times then they just diapered but they did look inactive

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
dazman
Forum Elite

Byrnes wrote:These kind of topics make me wish I would have played since the game creation.Ive saw DD aa few times then they just diapered but they did look inactive

Yes they really looked inactive as they dominated the top ranks and the ascended server.
Trade feedback thread~

Return to “StarGateWars General”