Old Dirty Dozen?

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
a3rdvark
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Old Dirty Dozen?

Hi all,

Anyone know what happened to Dirty Dozen? I just started playing again after a couple years absence and there's not much that looks familiar:p

Regards,
A3rdvark
bigcakes
Forum Elite
Alliance: DSL
Race: WorldEnder
ID: 1908950

Re: Old Dirty Dozen?

it disbanded for some reason, dont really remember why. i think they wanted to end on a high note.
kbye
john
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

As far as I know Highwayman joined Tauri Warlords speak to him he's usually on page one in the rankings

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I have a copy of the "We're going to disband" mail that GenLucky sent to all of the members. It's on my old computer, and I'll post if for you if I have time to find it tomorrow.

Probably the most overrated alliance in the history of the game, in my opinion...
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Tekki
Forum Addict

Mordack wrote:Probably the most overrated alliance in the history of the game, in my opinion...

And how! =D> =D>
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
a3rdvark
Forum Newbie

Mordack wrote:I have a copy of the "We're going to disband" mail that GenLucky sent to all of the members. It's on my old computer, and I'll post if for you if I have time to find it tomorrow.

Probably the most overrated alliance in the history of the game, in my opinion...

Thanks, I'd like to see the mail.

I'd rather not get into a debate on how overrated DD was; all I know is they were a great bunch of guys to be in an alliance with.
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

Yeah it was disbanded, Inactivity issues among other things was the reason If I recall correctly.
Welcome back Ardvark.

Was DD overated. I wouldnt say so, but our playing style of inactiveness meant we were big juicy targets, and as the game turned to favour the one low stat war mongerer over an Alliance full of high income players, our time past, eventually we became so inactive we disbanded and went our own ways.

12agnar0k.
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

a3rdvark
Forum Newbie

schuesseled wrote:Yeah it was disbanded, Inactivity issues among other things was the reason If I recall correctly.

12agnar0k.

Hey, good to see a familiar name here. Thanks for your post. I'm surprised inactivity was the issue but it's good to know what happened.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

a3rdvark wrote:Hi all,

Anyone know what happened to Dirty Dozen? I just started playing again after a couple years absence and there's not much that looks familiar:p

Regards,
A3rdvark

I think you'll find that after DD broke away from CoP and surrendered from the war, GenLucky decided he didnt want to play no more, but he also didnt want anyone have the alliance name Dirty Dozen, so he removed everyone from said alliance, set i believe his wife's account to the leader, then had her go on vac mode, so the alliance name wouldnt show up, but still could not be used.

And i was told this by a member of DD at the time, before they moved to a more powerful, non running out on your allies so you can stat build alliance.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:but he also didnt want anyone have the alliance name Dirty Dozen, so he removed everyone from said alliance, set i believe his wife's account to the leader, then had her go on vac mode, so the alliance name wouldnt show up, but still could not be used.

Wouldn't work anyway. Unless admin fixed the multiple spaces thing in the alliance names.
Image ImageImageImage
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Clarkey wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:but he also didnt want anyone have the alliance name Dirty Dozen, so he removed everyone from said alliance, set i believe his wife's account to the leader, then had her go on vac mode, so the alliance name wouldnt show up, but still could not be used.

Wouldn't work anyway. Unless admin fixed the multiple spaces thing in the alliance names.

True, but i don't think back then anyone really knew about that glitch.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

heyyyyyy welcome back mate

i was asgard force in Dirty Dozen :D

hit me up on msn i-love-me2007@hotmail.co.uk
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

GeneralChaos wrote:I think you'll find that after DD broke away from CoP and surrendered from the war, GenLucky decided he didnt want to play no more, but he also didnt want anyone have the alliance name Dirty Dozen, so he removed everyone from said alliance, set i believe his wife's account to the leader, then had her go on vac mode, so the alliance name wouldnt show up, but still could not be used.

And i was told this by a member of DD at the time, before they moved to a more powerful, non running out on your allies so you can stat build alliance.

DD didn't surrender out of the CoP war, we stayed till CoP made a peace treaty with Crystal Force and Pals, We did vote on wether we should surrender out of the snore fest and leave CoP, (farm farm farm your boat, not so merily in the war.) but the majority of the votes were for staying in the war and in CoP till the war drawed to a close. We decided that we wouldn't as you put it, run out on your allies. After the war we left the CoP alliance.

Genlucky quit active playing quite a while before DirtyDozen actually disbanded itself, and this was due to inactivity by 95% of its members. Most only logged onto bank, some didn't even do that, hardly anyone posted in the forumns, Genlucky and other key members quitting the game caused quite a lot of this inactivity, all attempts to revitalise the once active alliance failed, eventually the Command team decided it would be better to disband the Alliance while its name still meant something and call its story so far to an end. Better that than to let it rot in inactivity.

Some people just plain quit the game, not wanting to be in any other Alliance, whom only stayed playing for DD, some joined one of the two Alliance's formed by a couple members to house some old friends, some went and joined our old Allies Omega or DDE Alliances, and some went and did something else.

The name was as you said was safe gaurded, who vac moded with the Alliance name, to "stop" other people using it, I dont know, but it surely happend.
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Crystal Force wasn't in Cop v CIA war.. they were disbanded in the GA v The Faction War.

Your thinking of The Foundation/ Foundation of Evil also lead by Robe.

Anyways is alliance name still protected with that less than 5 members rule??
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

erm there was never a peace treaty between CoP and who ever when DD left we announced the name CoP was no more since it was DDE DD and Ω that made up CoP some people took that as CoP disbanded we laughed and let them believe it :)

Return to “StarGateWars General”