For the duration of the server war??

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

Re: For the duration of the server war??

:-k so if the war ends, everyone will be unbanned, and what if we start the war the next day ?? :lol:
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

:-k not sure exactly... thats a good question...

most likely they'll be unbanned a few days after end of war, so that it is certain that war is actually over... cant say for sure though... so dont take this as official word, since it aint... it will have to be discussed internally in the team...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Nox wrote:still zeratull, being banned for the duration of the war is completly nonsense, it doesnt make any logic whatsoever, all it does is make it harder for ppl to post on the market to buy at's basicaly :?

They should have thought about that before breaking the goddamn rules? Not exactly rocket science. :lol:

Nox wrote:jack, sry again to come after you lolll, but i just checked the ban list and you posted:

Jack's Ghost wrote:
Whereub banned for the duration of the server war.

well, first of all, when whereub tries to login it says:

Information

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your username.

permanently, not till the duration of the war (well, for me is the same thing lol)

Sorry there's no setting on the forum to detect when the next full blue moon happens.

Nox wrote:and ive been searching his posts, and i havent found any recently where he has gone against the rules :? did you delete it ???
and if it was till the end of the war, im guessing it was in the war thread right?
or ppl with 3 warnings, outside the war thread, now get banned till the end of the war also?

You don't see the posts because they're in the dump.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Jack's Ghost wrote:No I didn't send it in a PM, as I'm not about to message the entire forum. Besides, that isn't an excuse, he posted right after I posted to tell everyone to stop. He then reposted something he knew another user was warned and banned for.

When you see mod text, you need to read the mod text. There is no excuse not to, and if you get banned because you wouldn't take the time to read what is right in front of your face, then the problem is yours, not mine.

There's really no excuse for his behavior, he disobeyed a mod and he reposted something that he knew got another user warned and banned for. I don't know about your world, but here in the real one, if a cop sees you doing 90 in a 20, he's not going to give you a warning, he's going to haul your ass off to jail. Fact of the matter is, I caught Manetheren doing 90 in a 20, even after he had many giant signs warning him not to.

I went 120 in a 55 and got off on a warning.....though it was just after sept 11th and I was in my uniform.
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

Nox wrote:still zeratull, being banned for the duration of the war is completly nonsense, it doesnt make any logic whatsoever, all it does is make it harder for ppl to post on the market to buy at's basicaly :?

yes it does make sense- if you kept burning your hand on the stove on purpose, would ppl let you even in the same room as the stove again??

the war thread is the source for his breaking of the rules, so they take him away from it.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

pianomutt20000 wrote:I went 120 in a 55 and got off on a warning.....though it was just after sept 11th and I was in my uniform.

Considering that a 55 is pretty much a highway, I don't see that as surprising. But if you were doing that in a 20, which is typically a residential and/or school zone, I'd be surprised. Plus you were in your uniform, the day after 9/11, when everyone was feeling "patriotic".
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

all it is, is people broke rules, they get the warnings, they ignore the warnings, do it again, and are warned = banning. simple, justifyable, and as has been said multiple times, the war threads have been a source of the major forum issues, thus are monitored in this manner.

Jack's Ghost wrote:They should have thought about that before breaking the goddamn rules? Not exactly rocket science. :lol:

~soul
'meh once more'
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Manetheren says:
Doing 90 in a 20 Jack.. interesting analogy. Odd thing is, if I did do 90 in a 20, yeah I would go to jail but then I would get a trial. In this case the arresting officer is also the Judge and Jury and I ve been sentenced to life.

I got 2 warnings in the space of 30 seconds for posts I had done long before that.. doesnt that defeat the purpose of a warning? One of the two warnings was for this:

I posted "Im fracking confused" in response to Jack's post "Phalus is not only not a filtered word, but it is also the replacement for a filtered word. "
Apparently my not understanding what a mod posted is spamming or disobeying a mod. Draleg also posted the same thing a page or two later. Did he get warned?

The 2nd post was regarding clarifying why brdavs got banned. I understand that was not the place to discuss said banning and can agree that deserves a warning. But then again I wasnt the 1st person to bring up his banning in that topic. From my standpoint as a user, it is hard to distinguish what is acceptable to post at times. That's because the system isnt standardized. One mod sees things one way while another sees it differently. Some people are allowed to say things while others are not.
In that same thread, read Nooberts post.
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=118932&start=7920
Is that word acceptable or was he warned?
In any case I hope someone is working on revising the whole banning system because it seems a bit out of whack to me. For someone who had never received a warning in the 3.5 years playing this game, I'd like think I have some credibility.

Manetheren

P.S. Would I get a warning for saying this: "They should have thought about that before breaking the goddamn rules?"

If this gets me a warning well... sorry hahaha :lol:
Glennwood
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: -=[ ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~ ]=-
ID: 1924383

Jack's Ghost wrote:Sorry there's no setting on the forum to detect when the next full blue moon happens.

But there's a web site, next Blue Moon 2009 December 31st at 19:11 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Glad I could help

G
The Smiths wrote:Girlfriend in a coma, I know its serious. Do you really think she'll pull through ?
Nox
Forum Expert

.:VOID:. wrote:all it is, is people broke rules, they get the warnings, they ignore the warnings, do it again, and are warned = banning. simple, justifyable, and as has been said multiple times, the war threads have been a source of the major forum issues, thus are monitored in this manner.

Jack's Ghost wrote:They should have thought about that before breaking the goddamn rules? Not exactly rocket science. :lol:

~soul
'meh once more'

my problem is basically why isnt there a standard monitoring there, like manetheren said, and ive been saying, some mods see/act a certain way, others another way, own policys/rules :? some ppl get away with certain remarks, others with a simple post get banned, its strange to me

back in the day, ppl that misbehave would get suspended for a certain time, thats ok by me, now banning forever cause of not agreeing with jack in that thread is nonsense lol (and yeah i say forever cause doesnt matter how many ppl u ban, the war will continue, you can ban the entire TAF but we will continue) and besides, its a war thread, i dont get why cant there be spam or taunting or anything there, you guys just want war talk, thats not fun at all :? :?

another thing is this post made by jack on the war thread:

Jack's Ghost wrote:The next person that posts about mod actions in this thread is going to be given two warnings, and thus banned according to the "special server war" rules.

so isnt this breaking the rules, with 1 post, someone can get the 2 warnings and banned???

if a mod can do whatever he wants, then whats the point of even posting anything, we cant go against him, he has all the power here, its simple, some ppl just dont know how to handle responsibility :?
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

Nox wrote:
.:VOID:. wrote:all it is, is people broke rules, they get the warnings, they ignore the warnings, do it again, and are warned = banning. simple, justifyable, and as has been said multiple times, the war threads have been a source of the major forum issues, thus are monitored in this manner.

~soul
'meh once more'

my problem is basically why isnt there a standard monitoring there, like manetheren said, and ive been saying, some mods see/act a certain way, others another way, own policys/rules :? some ppl get away with certain remarks, others with a simple post get banned, its strange to me

mods arent omnipresent as so many foolishly beleive.

back in the day, ppl that misbehave would get suspended for a certain time, thats ok by me, now banning forever cause of not agreeing with jack in that thread is nonsense lol (and yeah i say forever cause doesnt matter how many ppl u ban, the war will continue, you can ban the entire TAF but we will continue) and besides, its a war thread, i dont get why cant there be spam or taunting or anything there, you guys just want war talk, thats not fun at all :? :?

the ban isnt 'FOREVER'. its till the end of the server war.

obviously you dont understand the reasons for the strict rules set there.

people were disrespectful and after numerous repeated instructions that went on for AGES..... the mod team had to enforce new rules there to bring it back under controll. and its a war thread, thus war talk. spam goes elsewhere. thats the simple truth.

now this situation wouldnt be here if people would be more respectful and bother to listen to the moderators. if they cant follow the rules they have no place here anyway imo.

another thing is this post made by jack on the war thread:

Jack's Ghost wrote:The next person that posts about mod actions in this thread is going to be given two warnings, and thus banned according to the "special server war" rules.

so isnt this breaking the rules, with 1 post, someone can get the 2 warnings and banned???

if a mod can do whatever he wants, then whats the point of even posting anything, we cant go against him, he has all the power here, its simple, some ppl just dont know how to handle responsibility :?

jack followed the rules set, he enforced them. people were banned because they cant follow those rules. thats all there is to it. and has been said NUMEROUS times.

~soul
'hurrdurr'
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Nox wrote:

~soul
'meh once more'

What Soulless said, we're not able to monitor the thread 24/7, and I sure as hell ain't going to read every damn post, especially in a section I loath.

Nox wrote:now banning forever cause of not agreeing with jack in that thread is nonsense lol

Now that's just plain stupid. If they were banned for disagreeing with me, then you would have been banned at the start of this thread.

Nox wrote:another thing is this post made by jack on the war thread:

Jack wrote:The next person that posts about mod actions in this thread is going to be given two warnings, and thus banned according to the "special server war" rules.

No, it's not breaking the rules. People routinely receive warnings for deliberately disobeying mods. I had warned people verbally countless times to take the spam else where, and I had banned several for the samething. What the hell do you expect will happen if you do the exact samething Billy Joe just got banned for?

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:Doing 90 in a 20 Jack.. interesting analogy. Odd thing is, if I did do 90 in a 20, yeah I would go to jail but then I would get a trial. In this case the arresting officer is also the Judge and Jury and I ve been sentenced to life.

If that is true, then why is this thread still open? It should be locked as it is pointless.

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:I got 2 warnings in the space of 30 seconds for posts I had done long before that.. doesnt that defeat the purpose of a warning?

I issued the warnings an hour after your first post, and mere minutes after your second post. You know this, as you were online when you were banned. Unless you are saying that I went back in time to ban you? lol

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:I posted "Im fracking confused" in response to Jack's post "Phalus is not only not a filtered word, but it is also the replacement for a filtered word. "
Apparently my not understanding what a mod posted is spamming or disobeying a mod.

Not at all. But posting about something you were specifically told not to, is. ;)

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:Draleg also posted the same thing a page or two later. Did he get warned?

Of course not, don't you know? I'm a member of the Omega high council, like I would warn/ban one of my blood brothers. =;

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:The 2nd post was regarding clarifying why brdavs got banned. I understand that was not the place to discuss said banning and can agree that deserves a warning. But then again I wasnt the 1st person to bring up his banning in that topic.

And you weren't the first nor only person to get warned/banned for it either.

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:From my standpoint as a user, it is hard to distinguish what is acceptable to post at times.

It was there in front of your face in nice bright, gold lettering.

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:P.S. Would I get a warning for saying this: "They should have thought about that before breaking the goddamn rules?"

No.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

buck wrote:
whereub wrote:why is it ok for a mod to spam the thread but not anyone else ?

or when told not to say something or not to bring it up again and a mod does ....its ok ?

As the rules state...there is to be no spam, there can be a little light heartidness, but if its off topic then it is spam. Do you have some form of evidence to this claim?

let me check... YES I DO HAVE... i was banned for a warning made by Lore... something about not spamming the war thread and the surrender one... funny i got banned for that by the other dude spamming it with me... funny he was answering my messages and i was answering his in both threads and I AM THE ONE BANNED... :-D i guess special new rules aplies only for the special none mod members of the forum... or mods can spamm that much ?
And btw be real, most of u used, uses or will use insults in different ways, it is a war thread between the oldest alliance in the game TAURI ALLIANCE, the imitators that says they are the first one ( even tho omegans old members knows TA is the first one that really ever existed) and other alliances that at moment of the beginin of this war were the biggest strongest and most important alliance. U guys should just open another thread for open comments , and so no bannin issues, at end banning us allwould only finish the game ealier... many did quit for mod actions, many for admin updates, and many will do soon if this whole ** special rules and treatments and all kind of bs** goes on

I hope i didnt insult anyone ego, inteligence or personality at all. If i didi wasnt meant to it ( but not sayin im sorry cause if its the true i wontapollogize ) btw if this is in the wrong section can it be moved please, thanks ( should be right section cause im answering some posts in this thread so... )
Nox
Forum Expert

Jack wrote:No, it's not breaking the rules. People routinely receive warnings for deliberately disobeying mods. I had warned people verbally countless times to take the spam else where, and I had banned several for the samething. What the hell do you expect will happen if you do the exact samething Billy Joe just got banned for?

jack, you know by your sentence:

Jack wrote:The next person that posts about mod actions in this thread is going to be given two warnings, and thus banned according to the "special server war" rules.

you would give 2 official warnings, so banning, cause of 1 post, that is breaking the special rules, since the rules say 2 warnings, those are oficial warnings, by giving both warnings cause of 1 post is not following the rules, is abusing your power, thats how i see it, but alas im only a user, im guessing the rest of the forum staff agrees with you

but ok, from what i saw, you didnt enforce that action, maybe that sentence worked, dunno, i might be wrong and you right ;)

Void wrote:mods arent omnipresent as so many foolishly beleive.

lol, ofc we all know that :P i always thought the idea of having a big staff, is having ppl from different timezones, so there would be always at least one mod online ;)

and about the gc section, lol, i modded that section, and while your right, i didnt see what ppl did, to make you guys create these special rules, probably it was really bad seing both sides, but still, i always believed in letting some spam in the war threads, its part of it, from all the wars ive been involved here, the best ones were always the ones where we spammed the war threads, along with our enemies, ofc all being funny and respectable, but still spam lol, cause if its just war talk, is just: "i massed you, ahah" - "i massed you back, ehehe" lol, thats boring, specialy being a farm fest nowadays loll :P

about the end of the war, it will be forever, cause the only way the war to end is fuall disbanding and surrendering, and i dont see that happening, from our side, trust me, we're here for as long as it takes, forever included ;)

Jack wrote:If that is true, then why is this thread still open? It should be locked as it is pointless.

Jack wrote:...and I sure as hell ain't going to read every damn post, especially in a section I loath.

if you loath that section, why dont you leave it to other mods to mod it ?? thats why there are sections, even being a gm, you can leave it alone, there are other mods you know ;)

and close the thread if you want, lol, its the same for me ;) the war will still be on :-D
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:let me check... YES I DO HAVE... i was banned for a warning made by Lore... something about not spamming the war thread and the surrender one... funny i got banned for that by the other dude spamming it with me... funny he was answering my messages and i was answering his in both threads and I AM THE ONE BANNED... :-D i guess special new rules aplies only for the special none mod members of the forum... or mods can spamm that much ?

You were spamming the the thread for surrenders to FUALL. You were warned once verbally by Lore, you choose to ignore the verbal warning but continued to spam the said thread with comments about your war with FS. Thus you earned yourself an official warning which happened to be the 3rd one in a 6 month period and that constitutes a 2 week ban.

You were the only one spamming the FUALL surrender thread at that time. Before you claim it was not the case but there was an imaginary mod spamming with you, it might be good for you to know, that no post gets deleted but moved to another (hidden) section of the forums.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”