Which would you rather be?...

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Which would you rather be?...

An Ashrak, a skilled assassin who has power through fear. Not to mention great technology and physical ability.

or...

A great lord, who rules numerous worlds and yet has numerous enemies. You can command fleets, but only because you're the strongest at that moment.

or...

A in the shadows lord, someone who has the power to change the course of a battle...but only for the right reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just curious, if there is another route you'd go with you're Goa'uld persona...please post and be recognized.
Death is the Road to Awe

Osi
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Which would you rather be?...

In the shadows
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
ThunderCat
Forum Expert
Alliance: ExSol
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 35540

Ashrak.
chaisejret
Fledgling Forumer

why would you rather be an ashrak to a lord a lord might hire you but never trust you.
*fires off remaining three 3 rounds of hkvp70*

walks to apc and says to soldier "the names Bond, James Bond."

*pulls out the shoulder rocket launcher and blows the following apc away*
*big noisy fireball followed by the sound of approaching helicopters*
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite
Race: System Lord

I would prefer to work in the shadows, but alas I'm afraid I'm the 2nd option there.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I'm a shadow lord I believe but I do all I can to become again a great lord! :twisted:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Im all about the shadows me..insidious..my words are poison. :-D

The puppet master..sadly though..literally just the master of puppets for the time being.. :(
Last edited by semper on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
ID: 37648

Sun God Ra wrote:A great lord, who rules numerous worlds and yet has numerous enemies. You can command fleets, but only because you're the strongest at that moment.

I think that fits best for me, though it's not really 100% correct.

- Reschef :sge
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular
Alternate name(s): Brocov

Ashrak, my reason is because while all Goa'uld in the show seem to have this uncanny ability to avoid capture or certain death. The Ashrak is the only one of those three choices that would always be on the move and used to such conditions. Plus as an Ashrak you'd be able to be hired by either of the other two kinds of lords and do their dirty work. :)

But they'd never dare double-cross the Ashrak for fear of his retribution.
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire

Well, ashrak are trained assassins, so must have a master to train them.

Selket was the founder of ashrak, and Marduk was trained as an ashrak and he gained power but not to the status of a system lord.

So, no. Not ashrak

I would not like to be in the shadows, but until you got enough power then this is an viable option somewhat akin to Anubis, but I suppose a goauld must want to be the top dog. Be revered, worshipped, so I choose
A great lord, who rules numerous worlds and yet has numerous enemies. You can command fleets, but only because you're the strongest at that moment(And use the ashrak to cause fear in my enemies so as to stop any attacks against me as Selket did all those centuries ago)

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Shornaal
Forum Elder
Alliance: Delta Allegiance
Race: System God
ID: 52597

Sun God Ra wrote:A great lord, who rules numerous worlds and yet has numerous enemies. You can command fleets, but only because you're the strongest at that moment.

I love my friends and i love my enemies.
Im an Powermonger and i love war.
ThakalluS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord / ORI

shadow lord

"We have made a desert and called it peace"
- Scipio Africanus
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

Your petty list means nothing to gods! :p
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
ThunderCat
Forum Expert
Alliance: ExSol
ID: 35540

chaisejret wrote:why would you rather be an ashrak to a lord a lord might hire you but never trust you.

Well let's see...

As an Ashrak I get state of the art goa'uld technology. I am the best at silent killing, martial arts, and use of technology. I am cunning and can adapt to almost any situation. Every goa'uld in the galaxy fears me, because if they tick off one of their enemies I might be hired to hunt them down relentlessly. No goa'uld would ever betray or double cross me, because I would hunt them down to the death, and no matter how dead they thought I was, they would always fear that I might not be dead, and I would be like a boogey man :D.

Plus, I've never been much of a leader, so I would suck at every other option...
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

I liked to think of myself as a different kind of Lord than the average...

Focusing on the use of Ashrak tactics to gain knowledge...and thusly power...military might is nothing next to the power to turn an enemies armies against him...

So...Shadow Lord...
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”