Is this supposed to be possible?

Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Is this supposed to be possible?

On the 10th of March, I attacked one guy with 1 attack turn, and inflicted more damage on him than the next guy who I attacked with 15 attack turns.

Is that a bug?

I thought that when you attack with more turns you inflict more damage and attack with more strike? I can paste the stats if you want, but I thought I better ask first...

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

weapon damage reduces weapon effectiveness, so if you didn't repair your weapons, then naturally your weapons would do less damage a second time

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:weapon damage reduces weapon effectiveness, so if you didn't repair your weapons, then naturally your weapons would do less damage a second time

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

I always repair them with the money I make on the attack straight away.

I would have drawn that conclusion if I were you though. I think there are a lot of people who forget about repairing their weapons.

compmage
Moderation Wizard
Race: Daimon
ID: 5149

Honours and Awards

Re: Is this supposed to be possible?

Nuto_vixen wrote:On the 10th of March, I attacked one guy with 1 attack turn, and inflicted more damage on him than the next guy who I attacked with 15 attack turns.

Is that a bug?

I thought that when you attack with more turns you inflict more damage and attack with more strike? I can paste the stats if you want, but I thought I better ask first...

The number of attack turns doesn't affect your total damage, just th amount of Naquadah you liberate from the attack. Think of it more like this, you attack and the enemy flees (if you win) you then spend x turns searching for and collecting spoils.
Posting as General Mod

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

compmage wrote:
Nuto_vixen wrote:On the 10th of March, I attacked one guy with 1 attack turn, and inflicted more damage on him than the next guy who I attacked with 15 attack turns.

Is that a bug?

The number of attack turns doesn't affect your total damage, just th amount of Naquadah you liberate from the attack. Think of it more like this, you attack and the enemy flees (if you win) you then spend x turns searching for and collecting spoils.

It just doens't make too much sense that with 15 attack turns I would do LESS damage then with just 1.

the3rdlibra

Is that a bug?

i don't think it is a bug, it is either as Psi kiya Trist says.. that you maybe forgot to repair your weapons, either that or you have stumbled upon something very clever.

When i co-ordinate "mass" strikes i always order "rush tactics" basically small 1 turn attacks, again and again to weaken a player's defence. Of course it does not always work you have to take into consideration alot of (sort of) "real life" factors, like how far away is your enemy to you, what type of defences does he have? Does he have a lot of untrained military? (this tends to have an effect on death toll, but it's pure conjecture, i have no proof). Basically, i believe that you have experienced a good tactic for crippling your enemy, one i take great advantage of myself. It's no use if you are simply after Naquada, but if you wish to take someone's defense down from 1 million to 500k with 15 turns, this is the way to do it :)

Commander Libra
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

attacks are also effected by a random factor, they vary in damage no matter what your max is, i've seem this random factor make me do about half my attack value...

it's out there... but do we understand it?

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

I see what you mean, but the first attack the person I attacked did 3 damage to me and my army, so I got a bit so I fixed my stuff, like I usually do.

Don't you think there should be something in place for this not to happen?

Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:attacks are also effected by a random factor, they vary in damage no matter what your max is, i've seem this random factor make me do about half my attack value...

it's out there... but do we understand it?

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

I'm really not so "all for" this random factor... too....random for my liking.... :)

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

as Libra has plainly stated if you care to read carefully ;) it is not as random as some would have you believe, it is only as random as the leaves falling from the trees in autumn, why doth it happen? To hide the little beetles scurrying from the cold ;)

Random factorisation is a major part of the game, this is war and in war there is no certainty.. unlike Libra with his carefully plotted mathamatical tactical maneouvres, sometimes i just prefer to do like R.E.M and "Bang and Blame" :)

Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

GhostyGoo wrote:as Libra has plainly stated if you care to read carefully ;) it is not as random as some would have you believe, it is only as random as the leaves falling from the trees in autumn, why doth it happen? To hide the little beetles scurrying from the cold ;)

Random factorisation is a major part of the game, this is war and in war there is no certainty.. unlike Libra with his carefully plotted mathamatical tactical maneouvres, sometimes i just prefer to do like R.E.M and "Bang and Blame" :)

Goo

Gezz goo, can't half tell that you love Libra.
Something going on between you two that I should know?

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Nuto_vixen wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:as Libra has plainly stated if you care to read carefully ;) it is not as random as some would have you believe, it is only as random as the leaves falling from the trees in autumn, why doth it happen? To hide the little beetles scurrying from the cold ;)

Goo

Gezz goo, can't half tell that you love Libra.
Something going on between you two that I should know?

in many ways we are the same, i admire his realism as i am sure he admires my spirituality ;)

Goo

p.s. why, pray tell did Libra get a capital L from you yet i only a lowercase g? :?
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

p.s. why, pray tell did Libra get a capital L from you yet i only a lowercase g? :?

because important things need capitals?

GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Nuto_vixen wrote:

so then... what is the purpose of Melbourne? :P

Just kiddin' kidda ;)

Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

GhostyGoo wrote:
Nuto_vixen wrote:

so then... what is the purpose of Melbourne? :P

Just kiddin' kidda ;)

Goo

ahh, Melbourne ain't the capital of Australia though :wink:

-Nuto

Return to “Bugs Archive”