why topics are closed to soon?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers
ID: 0

why topics are closed to soon?

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=122526
this i take for example
is about me and i didn't have the chance to say something there :shock:
is not a minimum required for topics closed?
24 hours or something like that?
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Re: why topics are closed to soon?

Nearly a page an hour combined with several rule violations resulted in the thread being locked. I'm sure that if certain heads would'nt have gotten so hot, the topic would be open now.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I personally locked the thread for good reason. Shadow constantly tried to mask words that were on the filtered list, he's lucky he got away without a warning.

The thread was getting heated and posts were being reported.

If the thread was created about you then blame everyone else that posted for getting the thread closed, don't blame Mods for doing their job.
Image ImageImageImage
bebita
Forum Zombie

and can you explain why you punish me and not the guys who pass the the normal posting? :shock:
funny mods around here
seems they like to punish everyone else not the quilty members
is this nimras conduct of what he thinks a mod requires?
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

bebita wrote:and can you explain why you punish me and not the guys who pass the the normal posting? :shock:
funny mods around here

You were not punished, no-one was punished it was simply locked.

If you feel that a thread that was created (partly about you but aimed at DDE in general) being locked for valid reasons is punishing you then you need to think again.

You honestly expect me or any other mod to leave a thread like that open when it is clearly going down hill to the point where warnings would be issued just so that you get the opportunity to visit and post a response. There were 6 pages of dribble and heated posts.

I'd rather have a thread like that closed before I go down the route of warnings being issued.
Image ImageImageImage
bebita
Forum Zombie

clarkey wrote:
bebita wrote:and can you explain why you punish me and not the guys who pass the the normal posting? :shock:
funny mods around here

You were not punished, no-one was punished it was simply locked.

If you feel that a thread that was created (partly about you but aimed at DDE in general) being locked for valid reasons is punishing you then you need to think again.

You honestly expect me or any other mod to leave a thread like that open when it is clearly going down hill to the point where warnings would be issued just so that you get the opportunity to visit and post a response. There were 6 pages of dribble and heated posts.

I'd rather have a thread like that closed before I go down the route of warnings being issued.

ok
but i still want to post there :-D
dunno
yes you have right
is a very agrresive topic
but still
I WANT TO MAKE A REPLY [-o<
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I tell you what, i'll have a look through it again and see if i can tidy it up, then i may reopen it. But if it starts up again like it did then it will be closed again, but first i will review it after i got and get a coffee.
Image ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

The topic should have been locked, and warnings should have been handed out. Not only did one mod warn him verbally for rule violations, but then a second did. He earned the warnings and should have received them. Perhaps the topic would not have degraded to the point it did if they had been issued.

As per your request Bebita, rest assured if Clarkey decides to reopen it, it will be watched, and ALL warnings will be passed out this time. Personally I'd like to see it stay closed as its nothing but a flame fest and has no real point, but I'll leave it up to Clarkey as hes the one who closed it.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”