Record Transfer

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Awaken Knight
Forum Elite
Alliance: MaYHeM
ID: 38569

Record Transfer

Thursday, June 11th 2009, the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid who have also already bought AC Milan superstar Kaka. The agreed fee is £80million which is a world record and is also an unconditional fee.

Real Madrid have accomplished to buy Ronaldo after taking interest in him three seasons ago by firstly putting a bid of £40million, and then the next season going up to £50million and then have now shot up to sweep him off to Spain with the record deal of £80million.

Now for my opinion on the matter as I am a Manchester United fan:
- I believe that Manchester United could have definitely been offered more as he is to be mentioned as the best player or at least Top 3.
- I know for a fact that many of the supporters who don't like him as a person are going to miss him at the club as he was the teams top goal scorer for the last 2 seasons.
- Now that Manchester United have sold him, I have some suggestions who we should buy as a replacement and to help strengthen our team to be competitors for Real Madrid and Barcelona:

- Sergio Aguero
- Silva
- David Villa (snatch him from Chelsea)
- Benzema
- Sign Teves

Now for all the people that are suggesting that Manchester United should buy Frank Ribery, have you seen him play? it is much easier for people in the german league to look better in the eyes of many of the top football clubs. I am not saying that he doesn't hold the ability to play for the top clubs, i'm just saying I don't think that Manchester United should be spending the £65million price tag that has just been put on him.

Any comments are appreciated..

Spoiler
R D Anderson
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Ancient
ID: 74981

Re: Record Transfer

~jin~ wrote:Now for all the people that are suggesting that Manchester United should buy Frank Ribery, have you seen him play? it is much easier for people in the german league to look better in the eyes of many of the top football clubs..

yeah completely agree wit dat

as im a pool fan i'd rather u signed nobody lol

but aguero wud be a great signing

for anyone
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

the 80 million yea united maybe could have got more but it does make financial sense especially as in a year or 2 he could end up going for alot less. use the money to buy benzema, david silva, and sign tevez and i think it would be sorted. definetley not ribery nower near the same player and value as ronaldo. would love to see david villa but he will probably go to real madrid as well, chelsea dont suit him.

would love to make a cheeky attempt to sign messi though. that would be a good replacement.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Where does Real Madrid get its money from? :shock:

Everytime I hear a [new] record from Real, it makes me wonder same thing again lol
R D Anderson
Forum Expert

the government :shock:
Awaken Knight
Forum Elite

Nope, your all wrong..
Their new football president Florentino Perez who has brought real madrid approximately £1billion, so they really have enough money for anyone.

Spoiler
R D Anderson
Forum Expert

they are partly funded by government tho
Awaken Knight
Forum Elite

yes, they get money from inner city which is through various tax payments and other money making schemes.

Spoiler
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

~jin~ wrote:Nope, your all wrong..
Their new football president Florentino Perez who has brought real madrid approximately £1billion, so they really have enough money for anyone.

i dont think he would even need to spend his own money let alone that much on one player. real madrid are owned by their supporters and not any entity or person. they generate about £250 million pounds a year just on merchendise and then there is Tv deals, sponsorships and all the others.

having kaka and ronaldo now they probably will double their income with merchendise so even more money to spend next year. joys of being richest club eh!
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

~r8~ wrote:having kaka and ronaldo now they probably will double their income with merchendise so even more money to spend next year. joys of being richest club eh!

Not best one though! :-D
Stubert
Forum Spammer
ID: 0

heh, hope the wages backrupt them. and the pressures on for them to win silverware. theyll still have to beat barcalona domestically, and anything can happen in europe

as for united arrivals, id love to snap up aaron lennon and ashley young. two quick young players. then 50 odd million for torres. despite all of benitez's big man talk, i cant see liverpool turn down 50-60 mil. especially after a recorded loss this season. as much as id like to see ribery over here, hes not worth a 60-65 million gamble. and it would be fairly embarrassing if he didnt perform. look at veron, and even that muppet berbatov. though berbatov has the quality to make the 30 million back with a bit of work. or, stick in a nice big offer for messi. no reason why he should leave barca though :s.

or hell, buy newcastle united
Q MAN wrote:i have to admit,i was ownd by ly!!!

PROUD HALL OF SHAMER
facepie
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Magnificents
ID: 10526

thats just ridiculous, they were sayin here in Australia that the money transferred to Christiano Ronaldo alone would be enough to run the A-League (Australian Soccer league), AFL (Aussie rules footy) and Our Rugby leagues all at once :shock:
.:VOID:. wrote:
facepie wrote:ahh the good ol days *day dreams*
you used to love killing clones of mine, yet theres no "oh hi soulless... how are you?" :x
~soul
Facepie - 10526
You can't Eat the Pie without the Face
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Cole wrote:Where does Real Madrid get its money from? :shock:

Everytime I hear a [new] record from Real, it makes me wonder same thing again lol

Real Madrid is seen as a "National monument" in Spain rather than a football club and as a result has an unlimited credit supply line with the government, so they can afford to offer 100mil for a player because the government is more than happy to fork it out to preserve this national treasure.

As for Ronaldo, I think he'll realise leaving England may not be the best for his career (imo) but better for his pocket, he seems to be going along the lines of Beckham, except he doesn't need the ball to be standing still to make a decent strike.

Who United should sign : Bernard Parker and Aaron Mokoena, why? Because South African players need to step up to the world stage more now. Benni Macarthy is getting on in years and his time at Blackburn is probably winding down, we need young guys to step up to the international arena.

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.

Return to “Sports Section”