papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

warming issued for masking

zeek, i have been warned for masking

i believe the term i used could be used many ways

the person i was speaking to knows i meant no ill will, and would find being called that endearing and friendly

several places through out the forum, statements are made that are "masking " using only letters, clearly skidding the edges of masking, and for purposes of insulting, yet they are not modded.

u have all the info forwarded to already

i will except and stand by the decisions made in this

thanks for your time
Easy^ Rocks
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Re: warming issued for masking

papa~smurf wrote:papa smurf wrote:
she biting at the bit right now

she can't log into the main till admin sends her her details (hint hint)

she says to the K boy:

"i know where u live u silly masking, bring up the snoring u be dead"

to easy:

"i am still the momma...the older i get the more immature i get...it's a nice balance........come to the us...I have a harem of "Moe Hoes" for u "

really, i am getting a warning for "kucker "?

wish this warning removed.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

wich topic was it posted in so we can investigate the nature of the thread
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

DDE and the forgotten ones

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1 ... 6, 7, 8 ]

in The Galactic Colosseum
Easy^ Rocks
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

I have warned you for masking. I could have warned you for profanity as well. WOuls you prefer that?

Actually thinking of it, I should have given you 2 warnings :lol:

@Zeek: the nature of the thread is not relevant to the issue. Masking is masking no matter where it is posted.

@Tetris: no need to mask yourself even if it is to make a point. All info about the warning is properly recorded in the user notes so all interested parties with the proprt user rights can see it.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

i do think that the nature of the thread and the context it was said in should mather. it sometimes is the difference between a verbal and a regular warning.

and yes it was actualy masking and it's against the rules, that is clear, what i wannee llok into if it could be a verbal warning instead of a regular one.

wich depends on: previous warnings,...
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

No Zeek, it does NOT depend on previous warnings. The rules are clear in that matter:

b. Profanity
The use of profanity on the SGW forums is prohibited at all times. This means swearing, cursing and vulgarity. This includes the use of masking. SGW is a family orientated game and as such the language used must be suitable for children.

Consequence:
The offending user will be given one warning point.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

papa~smurf
Forum Addict

deni wrote: Masking is masking no matter where it is posted.

masking is masking then

so then across the boards any time any one uses STHU or OMG or any thing that contains a profanity (masked) should get a warning then

u can not pick and choose what is masking for fun (FUALL< OMG<STHU) and say that ok and say changing a letter in a word is wrong(

it is the intent that it is used in that makes masking wrong

all i am saying is have standardizes and hold to them, do not pick and single out

also :

kucker / A.K. : (North America) a term for elderly Jewish ( my father Jewish so no dissing going on here) people ( from wikipedia), so it really is a term use to describe some one, other than where your mind when or what you thought. Much in the same way FUALL is used on this board. i all ways see that as a coarse word, but that's just me.
Last edited by papa~smurf on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Easy^ Rocks
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

rather than complain that mods do not mod everything, could you instead report those instances of masking using the report post function?

the mods are not omnipresent, and thus will not see every single post...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

i am not complaining about the mods past actions, i personally have no issue with the use of STHU, but, u can not pick and choose what is masking and then let other things that are clearly masking stand.

over all mods do a great job, i have used these boards a long time, and this is my second warning in like 3 years(first one was over turned)

the warning not so much of an issue, it is what lays under it that is

that is have set rules, that are clear, and have them applied evenly across the forum.

however,

STHU
Search found 528 matches

u see my point ?
Easy^ Rocks
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:
deni wrote: Masking is masking no matter where it is posted.

masking is masking then

so then across the boards any time any one uses STHU or OMG or any thing that contains a profanity (masked) should get a warning then

u can not pick and choose what is masking for fun (FUALL< OMG<STHU) and say that ok and say changing a letter in a word is wrong(

it is the intent that it is used in that makes masking wrong

all i am saying is have standardizes and hold to them, do not pick and single out

also :

kucker / A.K. : (North America) a term for elderly Jewish ( my father Jewish so no dissing going on here) people ( from wikipedia), so it really is a term use to describe some one, other than where your mind when or what you thought. Much in the same way FUALL is used on this board. i all ways see that as a coarse word, but that's just me.

For your information: Abbreviations like LMAO, STHU etc are not seen as masking on this forum thus do not consitute a warning.

If you refer to the word "kucker" as in "Alter Kucker" (not as in "gucken" but as in "kacken" and for those not fluent in Jiddish/German: "old **Filtered**"), then

1) it is a derogatory term used as a racial slur
2)i would like to know what "mother kucker" would mean than :roll:

PS: My apologies to those of Judish Origins about the term used.

papa~smurf
Forum Addict

they may not be seen as masking, but at the heart of it, they are masking

u can not have it both ways, u your self have said masking is masking, pretty black and white ( and hell fez over, i agree with Deni)

i do not speak German, I no one in my family has been there since the 40's, so i would be unaware of the context u speak of.
Easy^ Rocks
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:they may not be seen as masking, but at the heart of it, they are masking

u can not have it both ways, u your self have said masking is masking, pretty black and white ( and hell fez over, i agree with Deni)

i do not speak German, I no one in my family has been there since the 40's, so i would be unaware of the context u speak of.

Now you do not contest the warning but the reason it was given? Interesting.

I still see it as masking. You used the phrase "mother kucker" which is nothing more then masking another phrase containing the f-word.

When giving out the warning I considered that you might have used the word "Kucker" in its original sense and discarded it as

1) it is not widely used (I am sure that 99% of the forum users would see a masking and not a racial slur there)

2) it would have earned you a warning for profanity (which falls under the same section of the forum rules as masking)

You claim you see no derogatory meaning in the word "kucker" yet you quote wikipedia. I just looked it up and it seems that it has no direct entry but can be only found on the list of racial slurs.

So you still not sure about the meaning of the word?

You have failed yet to explain to us all what "mother kucker" would mean? You say you use it as a term to describe elderly people of Jewish decent, yet to me (and probably almost everyone around here) the phrase "mother old Jew" does not make much sense, doesn't it.

papa~smurf
Forum Addict

[spoiler]old Jewish mother.......sure, if u spend any time with killat u would know

got us blankets and food and set the fire on high, made sure we had every thing we needed, just like a sweet old person taking care of every one
back on topic..........[/spoiler]

Deni, the point i am making is, if u are going to warn me for masking, then the guide line for masking are not very clear when STHU can be used, but other things can not.

MASKING IS MASKING. u have said so your self, just because it easier to say STHU is ok, cause "we" say it's ok, doesn't change the fact it letters are used to mask a curse word/statement.

so if i had said.........."mother f'er" .........that would be ........OK ?

so.............

i am asking that my warning be removed on the grounds that the guide lines as to what is masking and what is not masking are so obtuse, and subjective, that i misunderstood them. Along with the fact that the term used was for friendly conversation, and no ill intent was directed. In the future, i will be aware of the the complexities of posting on these boards.

i await a answer from admin, we have beat this horse to hamburger

papa out
Easy^ Rocks
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:so if i had said.........."mother f'er" .........that would be ........OK ?

it would not. it would be masking.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Case Archives”