Warning received for masking a while back

Ombudsman Case Archives
McRandom
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Heavens Warriors
Race: McRandomia
ID: 36974
Location: infront of my computer rotting away spamming all the forums i have access too

Warning received for masking a while back

A while back I was given a warning just because I posted a screen shot that had a letter missing from it.

There should be more rules for mods when it comes to masking, so they don't give warnings for something as ridiculous as that.

Here is what I posted.

McRandom wrote:Lol. I found my message quite harmless. Hmmm... Might as well post a screen shot for everyone :D.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Besides, it does get annoying when everyone uses their friends as threats lol. Its rediculous.

The rules state that you can not mask your words when you post. That is clearly not masking my words on the forum. It is a letter missing in an in game post and should not have been warned as a screen shot was warranted for the topic.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: Warning received for masking a while back

As I said already.

You are responsible for everything your post.

If your post does contain masking, then it does deserve a warning.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
McRandom
Forum Intermediate
Location: infront of my computer rotting away spamming all the forums i have access too

Obviously I can not fix a screen shot that was needed. So that claim is ridiculous.
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

So by your logic, I can post an image containing swear words and it would be perfectly ok, cause I could not edit it?

Interesting logic.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

McRandom
Forum Intermediate

Do you see a curse word? No you don't. By my logic there is stuff that's inappropriate that would deserve a different kind of warning, but this itself should not.
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

The word you got warned for triggers the world filter and it is deemed as inappropriate for this forums.

McRandom
Forum Intermediate

And your point? I was posting evidence to something. Which is perfectly fine to do. And that single missing letter is there so as not to insult too much and soften its meaning.

And on a side note :P, the word is something that describes a cat so isn't exactly inappropriate.
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

Then plead to the admins to remove the word from the filter.

As long as it is there it is seen as offensive.

In my personal opinion, 90% of the words filtered should not be on the filter, but it is not me making the rules.

McRandom
Forum Intermediate

But a warning for a screen shot? That's ridiculous! The only reason that I even got the warning was because the people I was at war with were complaining about it and were trying to get me warnings out of hate. I have seen countless screen shots with stuff like that in them and they never got a warning or their post removed.

And before you say it should have been reported, those were ones with mods posting and mods themselves posting screen shots. So why does only one person get a warning for something many do?
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

McRandom wrote:But a warning for a screen shot? That's ridiculous! The only reason that I even got the warning was because the people I was at war with were complaining about it and were trying to get me warnings out of hate. I have seen countless screen shots with stuff like that in them and they never got a warning or their post removed.

And before you say it should have been reported, those were ones with mods posting and mods themselves posting screen shots. So why does only one person get a warning for something many do?

I doubt it.

Many have been warned for posting pics or having sigs containing filtered words.

McRandom
Forum Intermediate

So your saying that mods never abuse their powers? Cause some do and get away with it all the time.
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

McRandom wrote:So your saying that mods never abuse their powers? Cause some do and get away with it all the time.

are you just trolling here?

Point me to a topic where someone posted a screenshot containing a filtered word and did not get warned for it as you did.

If you can't, then please stick to your case and do not try to get bring other issues into it.

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

if you see a word that is filtered away on these forums in any image posted here, then report it... especially if its a mod posting it... the rules affect all...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
McRandom
Forum Intermediate

I was simplely pointing something out. As for directing you to a topic to where that was done would require some digging, and in the GC that would be too much of a hassle to do so.

And it does have to do with my case because mods are playing favorites.
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

If you cannot present proof, then please refrain from general accusations.

You posted a pic containing a masked word, you got warned just as everyone would be who did the same.

Return to “Case Archives”