Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

O=======<() ♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

O=======<() ♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

For your entertainment. If you cannot get enough of the delightful buzzing.. click the 'Vuvuzela'. ;)
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

Re: O=======<() ♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Dmonix gonna like this radio I guess.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Bad Juliette.. [-(
Death is the Road to Awe

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Ra wrote:Bad Juliette.. [-(
WhaBZZZZZZZZ?
:P
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

the buzzing puts me to sleep :cry:
Spoiler
Ra
Sun God

Juliette wrote:
WhaBZZZZZZZZ?

:smt073
Death is the Road to Awe

LegendaryA
Forum Expert

I have heard on tv that those vuvuzelas are quite unpopular outside of African Nations, it's forbidden to be used in Germany for live matches in public places, and several nations asked Fifa to remove them for stadiums because of disturbance for players organisation in the field, but Fifa doesn't because SA is pushing to keep it because it favours their team who's at home and should have the sound they are used to.
So in short, the use of those is controversial.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Ra
Sun God

It's a national tradition, Fifa knew they'd be used when South Africa was bidding for the cup. You can't just go into someone else's country and tell them how you think it should be done. I still wish the South Africans would remove them on their own though...
Death is the Road to Awe

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Ra wrote:
Juliette wrote:
WhaBZZZZZZZZ?
:smt073
:shock: Now, now.. no need for that. If you don't want to allow us to check your bag, please turn around and leave the queues. Sir, please stop talking like that. Sir. Okay.. Sir! Give us that bag, or we will shoot you where you stand.

(This happened this morning in Capetown. The person had no bomb, and was not shot, but did claim to have a bomb in his bag. Good intervention by the South African police.)

Anyway.. the vuvuzelas might be bannable in stadiums, but they cannot be banned from the streets. Even IF the FIFA were to forbid the vuvuzela in the stadiums, Joburg's background sound is a constant buzz. It'll be in the stadium as well. A bit less loud, but still.. ;)
I have grown to like them. They are, as Joseph said, African cultural traditions. Wouldn't want them to ban our traditions either.
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

hahaha they interviewed a few of the Cammeroon fans after there match about removing them from the stadiums and baning them you would have thought they where trying to start world war 3 :shock:
Spoiler
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:Anyway.. the vuvuzelas might be bannable in stadiums, but they cannot be banned from the streets. Even IF the FIFA were to forbid the vuvuzela in the stadiums, Joburg's background sound is a constant buzz. It'll be in the stadium as well. A bit less loud, but still.. ;)
I have grown to like them. They are, as Joseph said, African cultural traditions. Wouldn't want them to ban our traditions either.

Indeed.
Apparently, vuvuzelas are forbidden in rugby matches inside of stadiums in SA.
Obviously cannot be forbidden in streets, and banning in rugby matches is a different matter, as world cup is a one time event, while regular SA rugby matches always forbid it in SA, so it's different I guess.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

At least I can alter the tone when blowing the vuvu and add some variation :lol:

Ra wrote:It's a national tradition, Fifa knew they'd be used when South Africa was bidding for the cup. You can't just go into someone else's country and tell them how you think it should be done. I still wish the South Africans would remove them on their own though...

They did enough of that with SAB, 3rd biggest brewery in the world they were told they had to out bid Budweiser to supply anywhere near a stadium, give us our beer or give us our vuvu you can choose.

Leg Apophis wrote:
Juliette wrote:Anyway.. the vuvuzelas might be bannable in stadiums, but they cannot be banned from the streets. Even IF the FIFA were to forbid the vuvuzela in the stadiums, Joburg's background sound is a constant buzz. It'll be in the stadium as well. A bit less loud, but still.. ;)

Indeed.
Apparently, vuvuzelas are forbidden in rugby matches inside of stadiums in SA.
Obviously cannot be forbidden in streets, and banning in rugby matches is a different matter, as world cup is a one time event, while regular SA rugby matches always forbid it in SA, so it's different I guess.

They had vuvu's at the Super 14 final granted it was a cup final held in Soweto, but those Boers love the vuvu they just don't admit it :-D

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Dmonix wrote:At least I can alter the tone when blowing the vuvu and add some variation :lol:
How the hell would you do that. Punch holes in it? Breathe in and out? Partially cover the end with your hand?
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Change how hard you blow, some people block their mouths with their tongue, there are a few ways, take the vuvu away from your mouth, be named Donald is probably the best :-D

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

That is pretty awesome. I've only just learned to make a HELL of a lot of noise with one.. kind of a monotone trombone-ish sound.

Return to “Sports Section”