acended update

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

acended update

well Ok heres the update

* You can now attack another being each 2.5hours instead of 3 hours (ascended battle - god on god).
* You can now do a maximum of 2/5ths a beings life force reserve max, opposed to a 1/3rd before. (about 20% more possible damage)
* Command star power is multipied by your Physical Realm Attack Power and Physical Realm Defense Power. (well by level over 100)

but what it doesnt say is you now need to be 20 times the defence of the person your decending that is ridicilous sometimes its hard enough to get 10 times it should be reduced back to 10 times

and about the 2/5ths its better but heres the thing Ive decended players who are AG's and higher and havent bothered with there accounts why should they be protected when I have built my account. I mean people with less than 20 power upgrades Im on about here why should it take 9 hours now down to 5 hours to kill someone who hasnt bothered protected themselves?

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Re: acended update

Do you have proof of it? :shock: Would seem... strange to update such a thing without notion
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

well :D this NEW update, it helps you be undescendable. :P
1. well, when it came to lvl's higher than 700 in all defensive, still it's taking days.. so, this is still an issue. :D
2. from 0.333 to 0.4 - So for those with very low lvl - this means they are descend quickly. BUT, in the end, if they don't build, they don't care. So, they won't do it anyway.
3. Who cares about MS? :D I really don't.

So, these updates, are killing again the Ascended server. :D If they are true.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

its as you login to ascended theres minor update at top left screen

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

still..
They are not implemented right now. :D well, at list 1st issue. :P

00:59 - Ascended server time.. :P I was deliver an Ascended Attack:
Both parties are exhausted, these battles being very taxing on ones being. While the battle is now over, it is also not finished. It has will finish in 3 real hours (or 3 eons ingame time). Yes - linear time is one of the things that are left behind in the ascended planes.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

20x defense is fine, mass them first, then descend them, its easy to mass in ascended.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

2.5 hrs and 2/5 wont change anything unless u descending inactives with low stats. the rest is safe
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

2.5 hrs and 2/5 wont change anything unless u descending inactives with low stats. the rest is safe

Thats pretty much it.
The updates only lower the time it takes to descend someone, by a little, the undescendables are still, undescendable.
The change from 1/3rd to 2/5th's is yet again pointless, most of the people that you are trying to descend you cant even breach 1/3rd of the life force reserves anyway. If you can well done, you still have to descend them in 3 attacks, and now 7.5 hours.
The command star WTH? ok it needed an update, but now it has the old stats in the command star page, it has steroid infused stats on the realm summary page and when you go to attack it seems to be at its normal?? If so it needs a tad more power than what it has been updated to.
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

my command star is 11Q :roll:

when i attack its a measly 700T strike and ive got no shields im wondering WTH happened to my power when i attack with it?

id suggest admin give it an extra x1 or 2 boost or increase the effectiveness of realm attack...
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

stuff of legends wrote:

Thats pretty much it.
The updates only lower the time it takes to descend someone, by a little, the undescendables are still, undescendable.
The change from 1/3rd to 2/5th's is yet again pointless, most of the people that you are trying to descend you cant even breach 1/3rd of the life force reserves anyway. If you can well done, you still have to descend them in 3 attacks, and now 7.5 hours.

Exactly right. Anyone can set their account to forget by building their personal levels and never have to log in again.

TOC needs to become more powerful and repulsion less effective. Especially when you consider how cheap it is to build repulsion in comparison to MNEC.

I dont think the time between attacks should have been shortened either. I liked that active players just starting out could not be descended in under 12 hours.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
EbilCC
Forum Addict

people can be decended in 5 hours now not 7.5 :)

well General chaos it mite be easy to mass but what about smaller planet size guys might have to train everything to destroy someone and mightnt have enough to do it

[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Add another strike Power up FFS and make it 1/3 but every 1 and a half hours....

Add a CS power level...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

Ok, so, this is the copy of an e-mail I sent to Admin on May 18.

Greetings!

Please forgive my direct approach, but I think this issue is kind of urgent.

It is about descention. You may know that descention is next to inpossible for most people, as becoming 'undescendable' (so having too high anti-descention skills) is just too easy.

For that, I may have a solution. Total Offensive Capacities are calculated something like this:

TOC = 'ascended life force' * (1 + ('attack power' + 'attack skill')/1000 + 'attack power'*'attack skill' / 1000000)

Now, if you modify the 1,000,000 value (in red) to 100,000, then current TOCs will be multipled. In my case, my 1B TOC will go up to 3B+, while an average TOC of 500M will go up to 1600M(ish).

By that, descention will become much more easier, but not too easy. There still will be undescendable accounts, but their numbers will decrease dramatically (less than a dozen, counting current accounts, I think).

And by this, people will be kind of forced to play ascended, unless they are fine with being constantly descended. So by fixing descention, you may revive the dead server of Ascended.

Thanks for reading this. I hope you may find my suggestion productive.

Colos
Forum Mod for Ascended Section

Like I said earlier, Admin should only change ONE digit in the formula to implement a massive increase in TOCs.

For live testing, I think I can convince d347h to temporarily modify the formula in the TOC calc on HU page according to this suggestion, so you will be able to calculate what TOCs would you have if this becomes an actual update.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
d347h
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ex Dominium of Bicska
Race: CylonBácsi
ID: 1913692

Colos wrote:For live testing, I think I can convince d347h to temporarily modify the formula in the TOC calc on HU page according to this suggestion, so you will be able to calculate what TOCs would you have if this becomes an actual update.

Modified kAC
Modified OffCap calc
- only english translations
- new formula works only on these two pages
[ Retired as of 2012. 01. 29. ]
Brother Cavil wrote:I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to - I want to smell dark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to - I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body! And why?
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

once i pmed admin to make able hitting every 1 hour and descending targets will be at the range
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”