Winter 2011 Anime

A place for random anime lovers to get together and chat!
A-Unit
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Protectorate
Race: Ninja
ID: 86650

Winter 2011 Anime

So since our little corner has gone quite, I thought I might start up some discussion on this seasons new anime. Here are my thoughts on what I'm watching.

Dragon Crisis! (2 eps in)
I think the plot is still developing, a little disjointed right now and not much has been explained. I am enjoying the animation, and Rose is pretty cute to. Will most likely stick with it for the 12 eps.

Freezing! (3 eps in)
If you're going to watch this get the uncens versions, the cens just looks stupid. I am a follower of the manga, so am quite looking forward to this, and so far haven't been disappointed. I think they are doing a good job at showing off the lady side of Bridgette. Fight scenes are great too, with even more to come. Oh, and nice boobs :smt050

IS (3 eps in)
So this mixes one of my normal genres(harem) with one of my less interested genres(mech), but so far am enjoying. Sure it plays on the all the normal clichés and is predictable, but for once there is a guy who can sense he's being targeted(although this seems limited to only the background characters.) I am also yet to see any other male character at all.

Onii-chan no Koto... (2 eps in)
Well we have another semi-incest/harem anime(you'll understand after the 2nd ep.) This show has some pretty funny moments, although I'm not really finding much else to it. Not a massive fan of the art style(the long, skinny look), but again will probably stick it out to see if some plot develops.

Kore wa Zombie (2 eps in)
This one has surprised me the most this season. Wasn't really sure what to expect from it, but was almost in tears in both eps. Mixes a couple of different genres, and does it well. If you haven't seen it, WATCH IT NOW!!!!

Beelzebub (2 eps in)
So I know this has a pretty popular manga following online, and is on my to read list. Hope to see some good fights soon, or will probably drop. The electric shock joke is getting old, very quickly.

Fractale (2 eps in)
This really reminds me of some of the studio ghilbi movies with the art style. Only 11 eps long, but looks really good to start off with. Definitely worth watching.

Feel free to post your own reviews.
Last edited by A-Unit on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azza002 id=86650
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Re: Winter 2011 Anime

A-Unit wrote:Dragon Crisis! (2 eps in)
I think the plot is still developing, a little disjointed right now and not much has been explained. I am enjoying the animation, and Rose is pretty cute to. Will most likely stick with it for the 12 eps.

IS (3 eps in)
So this mixes one of my normal genres(harem) with one of my less interested genres(mech), but so far am enjoying. Sure it plays on the all the normal clichés and is predictable, but for once there is a guy who can sense he's being targeted(although this seems limited to only the background characters.) I am also yet to see any other male character at all. Not set ep number, so main plot progress will probably be slow.

Onii-chan no Koto... (2 eps in)
Well we have another semi-incest/harem anime(you'll understand after the 2nd ep.) This show has some pretty funny moments, although I'm not really finding much else to it. Not a massive fan of the art style(the long, skinny look), but again will probably stick it out to see if some plot develops.

Kore wa Zombie (2 eps in)
This one has surprised me the most this season. Wasn't really sure what to expect from it, but was almost in tears in both eps. Mixes a couple of different genres, and does it well. If you haven't seen it, WATCH IT NOW!!!!

I'm following the above.

in order:
Dragon crisis has alot of unexplained backstory, which looks like it may take a rather dramatic turn, but i'm not sure what genre it is quite yet. either way, i'm going to be following it. what i've seen so far is relevant to my interests.

Infinite Stratos is peculiarly set up. reminding me of Dual. which does also does the Mecha that only women can pilot, until the main character comes along... i hope they at least explain why he's the only guy. otherwise, i kind've like how the stories gone thus far. the Mecha are a cool looking if you're willing to apply the obvious suspension of belief for how they work.

Onii-chan no Koto. I'm going to agree with the art style complaint, i'm not sure i like it. though the show has some hilarious moments. i'm not sure if i'll keep watching, but i'm staying tuned for now.

Kore wa Zombie desu Ka i was looking forward to this when i saw the list, cause i know someone who likes zombies, and i thought this might interest them. having actually seen it... i don't think they'll like it, but it is gloriously hilarious to me. i'm gonna keep watching this one.

adding to the list:
i am watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica. which as defined by the first group i saw pick it up, as a couple of "normal girls" who get attacked by the opening to Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. it is really out there.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
A-Unit
Forum Irregular

You should defs watch fractale Psi
azza002 id=86650
(\__/)
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Drunken Ones
Race: Russian
ID: 21616

moin SGW forums. I'm on a sleep-diet (trying to control my impulses to sleep) and IRC is dead and no one interesting is on MSN, so here I am. My thoughts on the anime you mentioned as well as a couple you didn't:

A-Unit wrote:So since our little corner has gone quite, I thought I might start up some discussion on this seasons new anime. Here are my thoughts on what I'm watching.
May contain spoilers.

quiet*

A-Unit wrote:Dragon Crisis! (2 eps in)

Up to ep8 on this. Subs from Commie. Rose is extremely desirable and I'd intentionally her for decades and decades without a second thought.
As for the plot, this truly started out quite good. By the time the first 3-episode arc finished, though, it was already better than most harem-ey shows get, imo, and I feared it could only go downhill. So far I haven't been proven wrong. While Marga and Ai were both hot and I didn't mind watching them, it somehow reeks of filler. Hopefully epicness will return as we get closer to the end, as Black Dragon Guy comes back to get his revenge or something.
As for the animation, that was okay to start out with... but what the hell is with episode 8? a BMW of all things should never ever behave like that ;S
Also (and this isn't anything new), the protagonist makes me want to kill small furry animals. He seems to be able to outrun a rocket, but is still utterly useless, second only to Ichika from IS this season.

A-Unit wrote:Freezing! (3 eps in)
If you're going to watch this get the uncens versions, the cens just looks stupid. I am a follower of the manga, so am quite looking forward to this, and so far haven't been disappointed. I think they are doing a good job at showing off the lady side of Bridgette. Fight scenes are great too, with even more to come. Oh, and nice boobs :smt050

I looked at the description for this. I saw massive boobs. I stopped looking at the description for this and tried to forget I ever saw it.

A-Unit wrote:IS (3 eps in)
So this mixes one of my normal genres(harem) with one of my less interested genres(mech), but so far am enjoying. Sure it plays on the all the normal clichés and is predictable, but for once there is a guy who can sense he's being targeted(although this seems limited to only the background characters.) I am also yet to see any other male character at all.

Up to episode 9 now, subs from Ayako. I'm loving this show quite a lot. I'm drawn to Laura the most, probably because of her straightforwardness... followed by Rin for her delicious loli body followed by Charlotte followed by everyone else.
As for the protagonist "being able to sense he's targeted", well..... nup.
He did one thing right though, he agreed a guy like him was better off dead.
Also next ep looks like we're in for some actual plot development! imagine that!
I anticipate each new episode of this eagerly.

A-Unit wrote:Onii-chan no Koto... (2 eps in)

Not watching this. No reason why I'm not, really. I might marathon it after blurays are out.

A-Unit wrote:Kore wa Zombie (2 eps in)

Up to ep8 on this, Commie subs. For me, I believe this is the best show of this season. Every episode I laugh more than I have in a long time. This anime just does everything right for me, in a way that somehow, I don't think any other anime that I've seen has done.
Protagonist is somewhat decent, but still oblivious to the feelings of the girls, which always makes me rage despite being the norm.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Also I want Haruna.

A-Unit wrote:Beelzebub (2 eps in)
So I know this has a pretty popular manga following online, and is on my to read list. Hope to see some good fights soon, or will probably drop. The electric shock joke is getting old, very quickly.

I looked at 4chan threads about this after a few eps aired. I saw parts of an infant boy that I have no desire to see in an anime. I got the hell out of there.

A-Unit wrote:Fractale (2 eps in)
This really reminds me of some of the studio ghilbi movies with the art style. Only 11 eps long, but looks really good to start off with. Definitely worth watching.

Up to ep 7 on this now. UTW subs. It started off interesting, then wandered and became a bit slow, then wandered some more. Now it seems things are picking up again.
I'm liking this one so far, definitely gonna keep watching.

Now for some shows not listed:

Gosick. Currently at ep8. Subs by Victorique (which is UTW guys under a different name).
Pretty entertaining show, about a girl with epic deductive abilities solving various mysteries and the like. I'm not sure where it's headed. iirc it's going to be 24 eps, and I'll be sure to continue watching. I hate the male lead character, which again is nothing new.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica. (ep9, subs by gg)
This is absolutely brilliant. You must watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3osy6SfSLw

Yumekui Merry. Ep9, gg subs.
I myself find this show quite interesting, though not everyone agrees with me. They have it down to where they leave me wanting more at the end of each episode. Quite excited to see how it will unfold. Also, Merry is hot and her clothings' top is ....yeah. I'd.

~+Ishmayeck+~
go watch madoka.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

[quote="Ishmayeck...":**Filtered**][color=#FF0000:**Filtered**]Subs from Commie.
[/color:**Filtered**][/quote:**Filtered**]

EWWWW
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder

Hay, commies are nice. >_>

Also, what the hell, lots of filtering o.o

~+Ishmayeck+~
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

tags are messing up. bluh bluh, huge glitch.

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder

Wondrous is phpBB3, eh? ;)

~+Ishmayeck+~
and still no Solaris theme for it -_-
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

eh.... phbb3 isnt too bad. just the various patches and updates that seem to be FUBAR.

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder

That and no Solaris theme. >_>

~+Ishmayeck+~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Ishmayeck... wrote:Hay, commies are nice. >_>

~+Ishmayeck+~

Commie trolls and uses the CR scripts.
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Ishmayeck... wrote:Hay, commies are nice. >_>

~+Ishmayeck+~

Commie trolls and uses the CR scripts.

So do HorribleSubs <_<

The way I see it, I'll worry about quality when I get the bluray rips for archiving. As long as the encoding is tolerable (horriblesubs really isn't -_-) and the subs convey the general idea of what's going on, I'll take the fastest group.

On that note, nice to finally have hardware that plays back 1080p ^_^

~+Ishmayeck+~
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder

OH MY GOD D;

Madoka ep10

mind == blown

o.o

~+Ishmayeck+~
I was expecting something like this tbh, but damn...
Homura, why you so GAR? ;_;
A-Unit
Forum Irregular

Well since i've have spent some time away from this forum it is about time I update my post, but right it is late and I have to get up early for uni tomorrow, i'll do it on the weekend.
azza002 id=86650
(\__/)

Return to “Anime Corner”