Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

invalid warning

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=188085

id like you to look into this plzzzz

if you deem it so, id like the warning removed

and jack removed.... 8-[ thats probably too much but i can dream
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Re: invalid warning

Hey Guild,

I have been away but I'm looking into this one right now.

~Odin~
Ombudsman
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
~Odin~
Alföðr

"They had a already been warned that discussion on holiday threads need to be directed to the appropriate location. They failed to do so, so a warning was issued."

Jack you had stated the above in Guilds linked thread (in chat to mods directly) but i cant find any post/thread that states to the general community "holiday threads need to be directed to the appropriate location.".

I have been away for a few days so i might have missed it but i would like this pointed out to me please.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Reading fail. #-o

I said discussion on holiday threads. As in discussion about the thread as opposed to the subject of the thread.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

[BoT] Jack wrote:Reading fail. #-o

I said discussion on holiday threads. As in discussion about the thread as opposed to the subject of the thread.

Once again, I would contend that questioning the validity of making the topic a global announcement is not off-topic - he was asking whether all holidays would receive the same treatment. Just because you decided it would be off-topic Jack, doesn't make it so....
~Odin~
Alföðr

Your right jack i am sorry i didnt read it all that well, kinda half asleep and living off of V energy drinks right now. Thank you for pointing it out.

Chatting to admins about this, will update everyone when i hear back.
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

RepliMagni wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:Reading fail. #-o

Once again, I would contend that questioning the validity of making the topic a global announcement is not off-topic - he was asking whether all holidays would receive the same treatment. Just because you decided it would be off-topic Jack, doesn't make it so....

lulz

The Rules wrote: Note: Replying to the official post of a Moderator in a topic is spam. Discussing the action that the Moderator has taken belongs in the correct sections of the forum, or in private messages.

Just because you decided it was on topic, RepliMagni, doesn't make it so. ;)
~Odin~
Alföðr

take it to PM lads, u get my hopes up when i think someone new has posted lol
Spoiler
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

~Odin~ wrote:take it to PM lads, u get my hopes up when i think someone new has posted lol

Hey Odie, I apologise profusely for this extra post, but if that is the charge actually being brought against guild, then it has a bearing on your decision.

Jack posted in white, not his black mod colour - thus guild replied to a user, not an "official post" by a moderator....

Anyways, I'll leave this debate up to you guys now, bye :D
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

RepliMagni wrote:
~Odin~ wrote:take it to PM lads, u get my hopes up when i think someone new has posted lol

Hey Odie, I apologise profusely for this extra post, but if that is the charge actually being brought against guild, then it has a bearing on your decision.

Jack posted in white, not his black mod colour - thus guild replied to a user, not an "official post" by a moderator....

Anyways, I'll leave this debate up to you guys now, bye :D

What are you trying to prove with this post? That you're desperate to find any fault whatsoever with me and by extension this warning?

Guild wasn't replying to this post, he was replying to this one if any. So basically, I shoot down your arguments that his post wasn't spam at all so you switch gears trying to find a loophole to squeeze through. Cute. :smt056
Wolfstien
Fledgling Forumer

guild says-
You have been banned from this board until Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: 6th warning

A ban has been issued on your username.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

[BoT] Jack wrote:What are you trying to prove with this post? That you're desperate to find any fault whatsoever with me and by extension this warning?

Guild wasn't replying to this post, he was replying to this one if any. So basically, I shoot down your arguments that his post wasn't spam at all so you switch gears trying to find a loophole to squeeze through. Cute. :smt056

No my dear Jack - my problem is simply with parity. If you're warning guild for replying to your first sticky which was in black, then I replied to that first, but received no warning. Guild replied to it after you made a post as a user saying no more off-topic chatter. He gets a warning. Hence your post in white as a user seems to have some bearing on your warning of guild?!

Tetris makes a thread about a prominent sgw player - clarkey makes repeated posts questioning the validity of the thread and poking tetris directly (in this case, clarkey did at least as bad as guild). Tetris responds and gets a warning.

I'm not the biggest fan of Tetris and Guild (no offence guys), but it just seems time and again that the admin/mod staff come down on them harder than the rest of the community.

And what makes it worse is that this warning directly contributed to guild's recent banning - a warning which was at best harsh.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

All warnings directly contribute to warnings. My second post was intended to be in bold black, but I was posting from my phone so I guess it didn't add the code properly. Guild knows the rules, and had been warned for the same couple things many times. The rules were reiterated in the thread. He broke them anyway and got a warning. If you think it is unfair he got one and not you, I will gladly give you one as well. :smt047

As I have already stated, the thread you are complaining about regarding Tetris is in the General section. Not only do I not mod there, I very rarely visit. So you are barking up the wrong tree. The first time could have been simple ignorance, however you have since been informed that I do not mod that section. So that argument has no bearing here. Once again, this just shows that your problem here is a personal one and not because you honestly think Guild shouldn't have been warned.

If your issue was that there is inconsistencies in the mod staff as whole, then it would have been best suited to a thread in the dedicated section. Instead you opted to use an example which does not apply to me as evidence of inconsistency on my part. Again showing that your issue is a personal grudge against me.

Finally, as I have already pointed out, in your defense of Guild you have changed arguments several times. Again, this just goes to show that that you don't honestly believe that the warning was wrong, you just want to use it as an opportunity to attack me.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

As the GM over Jack, I am disappointed I was not contacted before it was escalated to this point....
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Reading fail. #-o

I can not warn for something I do not see, nor do I warn for things in sections I do not mod. I did not warn Repli because I felt a simple reminder was all that was needed. There is no inconsistency.

Return to “Case Archives”