NASA finds 1st habitable zone planet

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

NASA finds 1st habitable zone planet

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/214113.html

There's also a report that NASA has found 2 black holes bigger than any they have found previously: http://news.yahoo.com/astronomers-disco ... 31310.html

Simply amazing what mankind is capable of. if our leaders and those that control them were not treasonous traitorous disgusting criminal sociopathic scumbags- imagine what we could achieve if we put all our energies towards science instead of making bombs to drop on brown skinned people.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Re: NASA finds 1st habitable zone planet

Read about this a few days ago, quite fascinating. Summer in 2012, they should be able to get an estimated mass for the planet, which would tell us the state it's in (solid, liquid, or gas).
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Can't wait to read that report, please post it when it's public, in case i don't see it :-)

-David Icke
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I heard about that already, interesting news. =)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Excellent. Volume-wise it is 2.5 times Earth's size.. so I am curious about its mass as well. ;)
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

That;s what i found really cool as well.

-David Icke
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

I was under impression by the news report here that it was the 2nd life substantiating planet to be found.. one having been found earlier this year..

http://www.skynews.com.au/eco/article.a ... 59&cId=Eco
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:I was under impression by the news report here that it was the 2nd life substantiating planet to be found.. one having been found earlier this year..
http://www.skynews.com.au/eco/article.a ... 59&cId=Eco
Sustaining. (actually, you mean 'capable of sustaining', as there is no evidence of any life on any planet beside Earth) The first and only currently known life-sustaining planet is Earth. :-D
No. That was a batch of exoplanets which were not necessarily similar to Earth. While sharing some similarities, they were as close a match to Earth as donkeys are a match to chickens. This planet would be more like a lemur to a human. ;)

@G: Maybe that planet has enough space for my ego. I need lebensraum.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Maybe in few generations a spaceship will be launched with human forms, explorers/scientists travelling towards such planets, when engines will be successful enough to come close to light speed and not just a 1/10th of it. :-)

Julietta Putina wrote:@G: Maybe that planet has enough space for my ego. I need lebensraum.

:lol:
You sure?

*hides* 8-[
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Julietta Putina wrote:@G: Maybe that planet has enough space for my ego. I need lebensraum.

While my first thoughts of that statement was to go off on some verbal moral tirade, thankfully-since this is a much lighter discussion-my humorous side won out (yes i do have a humorous side, it's not all "hate the bankers this, and doom and gloom that") lol...

Forget that planet...it's a good job that ego is not solid and have mass otherwise you would be eclipsing those blackholes on an order of magnitude capable of sucking in all of creation in the universe :-D

-David Icke
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Puny little humans, thats my planet, did you really think I was born here ??? Muhahahhaha

Seriously though, even if we could travel close to the speed of light it would still require several hundred of years of travel to get there, means a self sufficient generational inter-stellar ship, cloning or genetic manipulation to ensure following generations are smart enough to continue the work, etc

The cost would be literally astronomical

And what would the benefit be to whoever paid for it ?

We could never transport enough people to make any difference to our over population problems, nothing would ever return so what would be the point ?

The only reason I can think of is continuation of the species if the star that planet orbits has a longer lifespan ahead of it than our Sun, and assuming the system that planet is in also has a gas giant like Jupiter to suck in all the debris, asteroids etc. Even then if no one is willing to spend the money saving our planet why would they spend it going to another.

I hate to be the pessimist here but interesting as this find is, and as wonderful as utopian dreams of a new clean world where we could start again and not make the same mistakes are, truth is it will never be of any use to us.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I think you think to much!

This is simply a discussion about the find itself. of course, if peeps want to discuss the viability of travelling there they are more than welcome. but i think we all know and are well aware with the obvious problems that would be involved in such a venture, as you have stated.

As for overpopulation...it's a myth!

-David Icke
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

[KMA]Avenger wrote:I think you think to much!

This is simply a discussion about the find itself. of course, if peeps want to discuss the viability of travelling there they are more than welcome. but i think we all know and are well aware with the obvious problems that would be involved in such a venture, as you have stated.

As for overpopulation...it's a myth!

I think to much ? Im a stoner and this is the intelligent discussion area, is me thinking to much really possible :smt043

As for the the find itself, as I said very interesting stuff, in fact validation of what most people already assumed, that given the vastness of the universe the odds are a small percentage of planets ( which would still equate to a large number ) would be earth like in composition, climate, age etc. Therefore also supporting the theory that life as we know it could evolve elsewhere since the conditions would be very similar.

Offtopic, but since you challenged it...

On over-population, thats no myth, scientists have warned for decades that our population was growing to large, the country with the highest single population has tried for decades to limit it's own population growth unilaterally, even the UN has now officially recognised that current population growth is unsustanable. We have more and more people with less and less resources every year.

To be frank the economic collapse you are always talking about is also linked, industrialisation means we need a lower labour force while our labour force is exploding in numbers, hence ever increasing unemployment to be susidised by those in work and lower wages ( standard of living ) since it's an employers market.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

MEZZANINE wrote:As for the the find itself, as I said very interesting stuff, in fact validation of what most people already assumed, that given the vastness of the universe the odds are a small percentage of planets ( which would still equate to a large number ) would be earth like in composition, climate, age etc. Therefore also supporting the theory that life as we know it could evolve elsewhere since the conditions would be very similar.

I agree, and anyone in their right mind might find it hard to disagree when you consider just how many galaxies there are let alone how many planets, the odds of finding another earth type planet are very good indeed. the only thing holding us back is obviously our technological limits (hense my strike through above).

MEZZANINE wrote:Offtopic, but since you challenged it...

On over-population, that's no myth, scientists have warned for decades that our population was growing to large, the country with the highest single population has tried for decades to limit it's own population growth unilaterally, even the UN has now officially recognised that current population growth is unsustainable. We have more and more people with less and less resources every year.

To be frank the economic collapse you are always talking about is also linked, industrialisation means we need a lower labour force while our labour force is exploding in numbers, hence ever increasing unemployment to be subsidised by those in work and lower wages ( standard of living ) since it's an employers market.

Where did you learn all this from? :? :smt017 have you even bothered to check if this is true or do you just blindly regurgitate what you've been told?

Continue this in a new thread if you like.

-David Icke
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

MEZZANINE wrote:And what would the benefit be

We come from a blue planet light-years away
Where everything multiplies at an amazing rate
We're out here in the universe buying real estate
Hope we haven't gotten here too late