Game mechanics supporting verified P2P trading

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Game mechanics supporting verified P2P trading

Remedy™ wrote:
Juliette wrote:I would be quite in favour of such a system if implemented by Jason in-game, mechanically.
In that case, couldn't there be a verification of payment and just avoid a middleman all-together?
Have an in-game setup for moving resources. Like a game bank. At least for in-game resources.
Then, you just put where they need to go next. Or the bank holds them until you need it.
That would be my suggestion (well, co-authored) making it impossible to trade things you do not have, using the game's connection to PayPal for verified P2P trades.. but I think we should adjourn to the suggestions forum (hence this thread). ;)
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Game mechanics supporting verified P2P trading

What type of trades are we talking here? Resources for $ or accounts for $?
There is always the chance of someone accessing another persons account and doing some illegal trades...in which case AJ wouldn't want to be in the middle of it :P.
Although add an incentive like 7% of the $ traded goes to the automated MM (aka AJ) and I think he will create it in no time :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

The problem with that is, people are greedy. If they had to pay a fee to J they wouldn't use it.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Duderanch wrote:The problem with that is, people are greedy. If they had to pay a fee to J they wouldn't use it.
That is not really a problem, but a choice. People can still trade unsafely.. or go the absolute-certainty-scammer-free route and pay a little extra. Insurance money, as it were.

Sol wrote:What type of trades are we talking here? Resources for $ or accounts for $?
I would say both. In the case of account details; they are entered into the 'market system', at which point payment is made, and the account details automatically released to the buyer. You could even make it so that a new email and password have to be entered prior to acquiring the account (so no more 'this and that is my email and password, please change it asap). :)
In the case of resources, it is even easier, resources are deposited in the 'trade bank', from which they can only be withdrawn by the seller if the trade expires, and by the buyer if the trade goes through without a hitch.
Sol wrote:There is always the chance of someone accessing another persons account and doing some illegal trades...in which case AJ wouldn't want to be in the middle of it :P.
Although add an incentive like 7% of the $ traded goes to the automated MM (aka AJ) and I think he will create it in no time :P
Heh. Admittedly, that is a minor risk, but we know how little *that* happens. :P
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

Sol wrote:What type of trades are we talking here? Resources for $ or accounts for $?
There is always the chance of someone accessing another persons account and doing some illegal trades...in which case AJ wouldn't want to be in the middle of it :P.

You're looking at easily verifiable fraud if someone does that, so I don't think It's such a huge issue. Also, J def needs to get something out of it, otherwise why should be go through the trouble to make it happen? Yes, people may avoid it then, but that is their problem at that point.
Sol
Forum Addict

Remedy™ wrote:

You're looking at easily verifiable fraud if someone does that, so I don't think It's such a huge issue. Also, J def needs to get something out of it, otherwise why should be go through the trouble to make it happen? Yes, people may avoid it then, but that is their problem at that point.

Verifiable or not, that is still money disappearing, and if done through paypal, virtual goods cannot be reclaimed if things go awry. Even if J adds the claim he isn't responsible for anything there is still the fact that someone has lost money and/or goods and is probably deterred from the game. Whether he skips over it, it would still be a bad mark on HIS game.

Still, it's an interesting proposition. I prefer not to provoke the BM any further though :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Sol wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:

Verifiable or not, that is still money disappearing, and if done through paypal, virtual goods cannot be reclaimed if things go awry. Even if J adds the claim he isn't responsible for anything there is still the fact that someone has lost money and/or goods and is probably deterred from the game. Whether he skips over it, it would still be a bad mark on HIS game.

@Juliette, I suspect there would be a fee, after all it would be a middle man (automated or not), but still, out of the kindness of his heart he could make it!!!

How would that make them any more deterred from the game than if they did it away from that and got scammed?
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

J dont forget I want royalties anda % fee for the idea :-D

i think by the scale of some of the $$ lost in some of the trades over the last few months it could be a good safe option to protect yourself.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
Sol
Forum Addict

Remedy™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:

@Juliette, I suspect there would be a fee, after all it would be a middle man (automated or not), but still, out of the kindness of his heart he could make it!!!

How would that make them any more deterred from the game than if they did it away from that and got scammed?

The idea of an MM is a safer trade, if you can't even have that....
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Sol wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Remedy™ wrote:

The idea of an MM is a safer trade, if you can't even have that....

So, what you're saying is don't offer something safer because there is a chance that it may fail and people would be more discourage by the game? That makes sense. Don't attempt something more... cuz it could fail. If everyone had that thought, we'd never get anywhere.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

From the Black Market page
and once again it is stated that the game administration can and will do NOTHING against being scammed if you are trading outside the official markets.

http://gatewars.com/tos.php
The game or its owners or operators may not be held responsible for any disruption of service, loss of data, game play malfunction, or other events or conditions that are undesirable to the user, under any circumstances. There are no guarantees of the quality or consistency of service and is under no obligation to deliver such service.

I do believe you yourself Jules have stated this time and time again when others wanting to bring a suggestion like this. ;) 8-[ *grins*
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

I think that if you implement a simple way to while account to be sold is on server vac mode and not in control of the person selling it. That way it can be verified by purchaser that market is holding and awaiting the password that will be available after payment is made. It will be a password generated apart from person selling who released account into the server holding cell, same goes for naq being purchased. If people do not want to wait for the extra day it takes to verify payment, then simply do not use it and get ripped off, but don't complain if it happens is my suggestion.

When entering in an account to be sold, person puts in server hold. Buyer verifies that his name and ID are who will get password after verification of payment goes through. Payment is verified, account is then released via email password unlock. Same could work for naq. Or even UU. :smt115

If this is not possible let me know, but I am pretty sure it is, as scripts that farm for you have been invented and used by 15 y/o kids. (Still don't know how that worked for soooo long.....)

Admin J could put a 5% fee or something as he has no incentive to do this for us as he makes money off his Black Market on cosmic page, and none for outside trades. I for one would pay 105$ instead of 100$ to insure my account went through correctly.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:Buyer verifies that his name and ID are who will get password after verification of payment goes through. Payment is verified, account is then released via email password unlock. [/color][/b]

How exactly does that work if you are buying an account and don't already have one? Is there a way to know it's you then? Otherwise, I agree completely with everything you said.

Maybe a setup where you can enter the account ID and such and verify that it's being held by the server. But, it somehow has to be locked under your email I would think. So, the seller enters your email when they put it into hold.

Then, you can see by entering the ID of the account that it's being held with ur email address so if you pay, you know the information is being sent to you.

I think the only problem we run into there is if the email gets put in incorrectly by the seller, but either way nobody gets screwed. Just have to resell.

I for one am also okay with 5% fee to Jason and a days wait to make sure everything is secure.

This is another way for him to help out the community and make money at the same time as there are a lot of money sales on this game.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Yes.
And of course the seller's ID is matched to account. It will do that automatically from the page to list it to sell, just pull login info from it and vac mode it until payment is received to the paypal listed. That is what should automatically happen when you go to market page and then cash seller page, you are already you when you give account to server to vac mode til sold. Seems like it could be done and be worth the programming and administrating effort. :neutral:
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:Yes.
And of course the seller's ID is matched to account. It will do that automatically from the page to list it to sell, just pull login info from it and vac mode it until payment is received to the paypal listed. That is what should automatically happen when you go to market page and then cash seller page, you are already you when you give account to server to vac mode til sold. Seems like it could be done and be worth the programming and administrating effort. :neutral:

He'd get paid to program it essentially and make users more comfortable with cash trades. I think it's well worth it. For everyone involved. :)

Return to “Game Suggestions”