*Ng link to Main *REJECTED*

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

*Ng link to Main *REJECTED*

The problems, (as I see them), feel free to disagree.

<-- The game is short of new players, coming, and more importantly, staying in the game.

<-- New players to the game are directed to New grounds, and receive a *ng account in main

<-- *Ng accounts are treated with suspicion and distrust. They're barred from most alliances, due to the secruity risk of them being established player accounts, rather than new players. And they are randomly massed, far more than normal, for being unallianced ng accounts.

<--- In short, they're bullied because of the * on their account name and the ability to prove them new, or existing players.

Solution.

<-- Provide a permanent link between the main account of a player, and his/her ng* account. This provides culpability to the player, over the attack logs of their multi, and provides a clear differentiation between actual New Players to the game, and existing players.

Implementation.

In account details, provide a field to enter an 'Associated Account' ID. Provide a warning that entering this ID is permanent, and cannot be undone. On submission, a request is sent to the provided ID, which needs to be logged in, and accepted. In terms of looks, think of it like an alliance request. A player receives the im, and a join/reject.

Upon acceptance, the ID becomes a permanent 'ally' of the requester. This ally would appear below the officer listings on someones account page (see crappy paint job illustration), but receive no income/provide no UP. It's merely a visibility label. This relationship is permanent, and cannot be changed, edited or removed by players.

[spoiler]ImageSorry for using my own account :/ Was gonna use Iflux's but I thought it might put people off ;)[/spoiler]

I would suggest that in the information by the Associated/Allied Account field, there's a forum page listing, where all this can be explained.

Realism.

Everybody lies. And I do expect some players to continue lying, by entering a false id in their allied field. Some will make deals with their friends, and associate each others accounts. But, they will have to accept all consequences of that ng accounts actions upon themselves, and their alliance. They're responsible for it's actions, and should their 'friend' decide to go drunken massing on their allies.. it'll be their responsibility ;)

But those people are likely already trolling with their *ng accounts, and little would change that.

Benefits.

People that start on *ng accounts, are encouraged to make 'main' server accounts alongside their *accounts. This is true in the newbie faq sections of forum, and by the players messaging them advice. The market turns alone, make it worth it. If they are new to the game, they should have no problems with associating an account with their *ng, or creating a main ID to do so. An exisiting player wanting to be a **Filtered** however, is likely to refuse.

We have an active admin on main now, and players with 2 main accounts, or 2 ng accounts active, are banned as multi's every week. People creating a new main account to tie to their ng account, should be easy enough for the admins to find and ban.

To alliances, and their leaders, it would mean being able to trust people's word again. You could make it part of your application requirement, that any *ng account looking to join needs to associate a main with it, even if it will be their 'supply' account, as it were. Watch their accounts for a week, get them to show activity/messaging on both accounts... get them checked out by admin if necessary.. but I hope you can see how this might work.

Effects.

Associating with your *ng account, would be a choice. We could offer a 1% bonus to stats, or such as an incentive, but it may perhaps not be necessary.

Consider the advantage, of having your entire alliance with visible multi's, and being to prove, not just say, that the ng* account massing your allies, is not one of you.

Consider the advantage to new players, to be able to join alliances, commanders, and become a part of the community.

Every person that chooses to associate a ng* account, is one less possible identity for those that choose to continue trolling.

Drawbacks.

It's not a system without loopholes, but it is I hope, an idea with potential. I do not see any other idea's on the table.

People creating ng* accounts to trade, could sell them as 'unallied', ready for the new owner to bond them to their main.

People wishing to sell, or trade accounts, would either need to sell the complete package (ng* + allied main) or request an association change from the admins. Whether associations should be permitted to change would have to be a point of decision to the Admins.

Please be gentle ;)
Last edited by Caprila on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added title tag

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: *Ng link to Main

No more multy hiders then i assume :) :-)
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Needless to say I agree with the above. Everything which encourages helping out the new guys, trying to do best for the game in the long run has my vote.

And the opposite everything I believe is destroying it will not.

A suggestion. Everyone who wants to have a legal multi and wants to transfer resources must more or less state it to the admin to get the IP exception. So use it to connect and separate the

NEW GUYS from the old guard going ninja style.

It will not eradicate the thing but it is a start

Regards

Blue
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

I love this idea! ^_^ :smt050

Collective Serenity do not accept random NG accounts (as new members) in case it could be an outsider that we do not know, wouldn't want alliance/forum info leaking out to people that are not within the family. This would help solve this issue, Adding incentives like 1% bonus to a stat of your choosing or what not should help tie in the smaller guys as well. With any idea I'm sure this will take time and will be tweaked a bit when more people have input but all in all I think its a great idea.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

But suspicion and mistrust creates such exciting times in a game where is none! So, to that I say leave it as it and watch the walls come crashing down.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Tetrismonkey wrote:But suspicion and mistrust creates such exciting times in a game where is none! So, to that I say leave it as it and watch the walls come crashing down.
I disagree.

When many of them are being used to keep newcomers from building up, they are a problem.

Linking them is a great idea and should be a must IMO.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Kjarkur wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:But suspicion and mistrust creates such exciting times in a game where is none! So, to that I say leave it as it and watch the walls come crashing down.
I disagree.

When many of them are being used to keep newcomers from building up, they are a problem.

Linking them is a great idea and should be a must IMO.

-KJ
Thats your prerogative. You choose not to recruit new players based on the assumption they may be there multi. So be it, but at the end of the day, hiding and sniping and watching people cry and whine because they can't determine whos multi it is, is a nice change of pace for those that consider themselves "untouchable".
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

I came ready to go hell no... no more linking that damn stupid NG with anything...

The whole purpose of NG was to give new (not returning, not established) but new skins a chance to catch up and compete.. now it seems most just use it as a legit multi so they can have 2 powerful accounts ingame now with which to discourage new comers.

though Odin, if someone comes with a NG to join, wouldn't you insist their main already be in

another idea might be to make NGs not permanent.. ie you get 6mns of having an NG then you have to play just main

or

make NG like Perg, where only NGs can only hit each other... though it doesn't help with experienced players hitting newcomers.

bahhh multis hate them
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

fem fatale wrote: though Odin, if someone comes with a NG to join, wouldn't you insist their main already be in
In an ideal world yes, However you get those people that say "this is my main account i dont have another account" or "I sold my main account so I could just use this account" However they in fact still have a main account and are in an established alliance already. Linking accounts will give a level of accountability and would allow alliances to possibly recruit NG accounts with less worry behind them being a possible spy.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

this is a change that must happen, or a lot of people will be pissed including myself. by the walls crashing down you mean people leaving because of this hiding/exciting bs, okayyy..

a prime example, today one of our members had a planet massed and stolen by a ng account - how is it right if it is a plpayer we have a nap/dra with to perform an action like that? and for our member not to be able to retailiate since the multi has no stat? that is oh so exciting

if this issue isnt addressed in some way, it's crossing a personal line of mine
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I think there is a responsibility of this link, considering that 7 years in, you allowed people to have a second account in order to promote your NG server.

Though I completely understand that you wish to keep the appeal of NG multis for newcomers, too often is it allowing established people of skilled ability to cross the boundaries that have been determined over a substantial amount of time.

This only serves to disgruntle the masses and to serve the few. Beyond anything, I believe that this should be made clearer as the potential for further rule breaking is clear.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

So let me get this straight. You want a link between Ng and main because it upsets you that for a change you are being sniper and can't do anything back? In that case I say leave it as is. Its a fresh change of pace that the bigger players with a one hit mass policy are having to deal with a force that can't beat down.

Leaving it as is leaves a nice layer of distrust and suspicion to the game. It causes wars! I mean, isn't that what you big boys love to say, its a war game?
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

Tetrismonkey wrote:So let me get this straight. You want a link between Ng and main because it upsets you that for a change you are being sniper and can't do anything back? In that case I say leave it as is. Its a fresh change of pace that the bigger players with a one hit mass policy are having to deal with a force that can't beat down.

Leaving it as is leaves a nice layer of distrust and suspicion to the game. It causes wars! I mean, isn't that what you big boys love to say, its a war game?
No, it's because behind 2 different names, it is the SAME PLAYER. And I know people even have 2 FORUM NAMES, 1 FOR EACH ACCOUNT. Completely Stupid.
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Tetrismonkey wrote:So let me get this straight. You want a link between Ng and main because it upsets you that for a change you are being sniper and can't do anything back? In that case I say leave it as is. Its a fresh change of pace that the bigger players with a one hit mass policy are having to deal with a force that can't beat down.

Tetris,

While I love the whole 'challenge the big players thing' the fact is the ones being targeted are newcomers.

2 I have personally spoken to have already quit cause they couldn't build up for weeks or defend themselves from multi's getting massive funding from a hidden main account.

It is a war game so it's only logical there should be a way to track down the one responsible and fight back.

Regards,
KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Kjarkur wrote:

Tetris,

While I love the whole 'challenge the big players thing' the fact is the ones being targeted are newcomers.

2 I have personally spoken to have already quit cause they couldn't build up for weeks or defend themselves from multi's getting massive funding from a hidden main account.

It is a war game so it's only logical there should be a way to track down the one responsible and fight back.

Regards,
KJ
Ah, so NewGrounds is for new players? Last I checked that stance changed once everyone began getting there multis and very few "new" players were joining.

You all wanted legal multis. No one listened months, years ago about the repercussions that would ensue. Now that the **Filtered** hitting the fan and the "big boys" can't defend themselves even with there legal multis, they want the rules changed to protect them again.

Linking NG with main to me seems like it will be a logistical nightmare considering how often accounts these days change hands. Not only that, but what good would it do if the persons NG name is something different than one they would use for there main account? Would you propose then the inability to to sell or trade NG main multis?

It sucks being on the **Filtered** end of the stick for a change, doesn't it?

Return to “Game Suggestions”