advertising possibilities

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

advertising possibilities

What would be some good way to advertise tye game and bring it back to life

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Re: advertising possibilities

Advertising alone will not fix things that are broken, you can bring in all the newbies you want, doesn't mean they will stay.
Ritalin
Forum Regular
Race: Mancunion

if everyone who was active in the game used thier Facebook and twitter to recruit new players that would be a good start.

Also make some serously funny youtube vids about GW and its antics and post them everywhere

Get this half completed App up and running which should give it some legs

Spamming **Filtered** out of all game forums and blogs should help a little too

i reckong if a small % of active internet savvy players put a little effort in to promote the game all over the web it would get the game going abit but i think the main problem with that is Admin

I think new start accounts should be done away with and you should start with an account 5 ascensions less that TUK with all the stats of an *NG but in GW and not have to start in NG.. that should be optional for those who want 2 accounts!!

It takes too long to catch peoples interest
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

that doesn't even matter though, new players are driven out of this game or quit due to lack of interest just as fast as they sign-up. I've seen it non stop my entire time playing.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Have to get hooked to the community. It's no fun to play a game where you get sat on immediately you start building. Early on in the game, this happened less because turns were at a premium and fighting was far costlier. There also were enough players and alliances that there were many choices for wars and battles instead of now where one person has a chance to mass the entire server if they so choose.

An app would be interesting, but if it's for phones or tablets, people would have a tough time competing against those of us on computers. Maybe as a facebook app instead...
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Prior of the DDE
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE (D.D.E)
Race: DDE

Mathlord wrote: An app would be interesting, but if it's for phones or tablets, people would have a tough time competing against those of us on computers. Maybe as a facebook app instead...
Facebook app sounds better and Facebook advertising would not be a bad idea at all. I'm certain some would get addicted as we have. Problem is the game's lack of real theme like it used to have.
Galaxia, Dominium Directum et Utile
Couzens wrote: man u DDE guys must have at least 5 of the top 10 MS's.
Byrnes
Forum Addict

I just wanna do whatever we have to do but make it happen

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
Byrnes
Forum Addict

We could Make a facebook page and add any potential players

Image Image
Prior of the DDE
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE (D.D.E)
Race: DDE

Do it! ;)
Galaxia, Dominium Directum et Utile
Couzens wrote: man u DDE guys must have at least 5 of the top 10 MS's.
Byrnes
Forum Addict

If i could get some people to help me,out that would be awesome im not very creative but if i get a few people together ill start working on it

Image Image
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

i think i made a fb page or someone did last year , didnt help :smt043
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
*MrRobot
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Single
ID: 1995793
Alternate name(s): *Baldere

can always try again, get it on everyones page who plays, surely one or two will try it out !
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Always good to see thoughts like this, byrnes.

Regarding a Facebook community page, an official one exists. (That would be here.)

It is part of the official communication channels (in case of server issues and downtime, notifications are posted on Twitter and the FB-page), but could theoretically be used by the members to further the community spirit. Anyone is welcome to post on the page.

Regarding Facebook advertising, NG is being advertised (that is, we pay Facebook to do so). The other servers are not Facebook-linked, though some are being brought to their 'standard'/requirements.
InR
Forum Addict
Alliance: You can find me in TAF ;)
Race: Tok' Ra
ID: 5741
Alternate name(s): .::.:.::.::.

regarding fb page

Sorry, this page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year

Return to “StarGateWars General”