Controlling the market prices

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
T R U X
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: DDE
ID: 0

Controlling the market prices

I think its time as a community that we come together to control the market prices of ATs and UU

The prices of UU seem to be very low in comparison to the prices of ATS and profit gained from farming

I think UU should be based off the minimum hit of naq per 15 ATs and the minimums of UU raided per 15 ATs

im not sure what everyone else hits for out there but my min hits tend to be

150 Billion Naq per 15 ATs
300k UU Per 15 ATs
68bil per 15 ATs (ATs cost per 15 @ 4.5tril/1k)

typically i see this quite often on the P2P Market

Naquadah 75,000,000,000,000 300,000,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah for 4.0E-6 Untrained (or 1 Untrained for 250,000 Naquadah)

300mil @ 300k min per hit equals roughly 15k ATs

but to farm 15k ats @ 150 Billion min hit would be 150 Trillion which is exactly double what you would get if you raided and sold the UU at current prices

in comparison to the minimums of both UU and Naq hits per 15 ATs UU should really cost 500 billion per mil as both resources are in just as much demand

now obviously these are exact figures (will check my maths again to be sure lol) and i know this will never happen but shouldn't there be some kind of guideline based off profit gained for ATs when hitting for minimums?

Questions:

What are your min hits for Naq and UU per 15 ATs?

How do you think the prices should be worked out? (some type of baseline suggestion)
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Re: Controlling the market prices

The Rainmaker wrote:I think its time as a community that we come together to control the market prices of ATs and UU

The prices of UU seem to be very low in comparison to the prices of ATS and profit gained from farming

I think UU should be based off the minimum hit of naq per 15 ATs and the minimums of UU raided per 15 ATs

im not sure what everyone else hits for out there but my min hits tend to be

150 Billion Naq per 15 ATs
300k UU Per 15 ATs
68bil per 15 ATs (ATs cost per 15 @ 4.5tril/1k)

typically i see this quite often on the P2P Market

Naquadah 75,000,000,000,000 300,000,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah for 4.0E-6 Untrained (or 1 Untrained for 250,000 Naquadah)

300mil @ 300k min per hit equals roughly 15k ATs

but to farm 15k ats @ 150 Billion min hit would be 150 Trillion which is exactly double what you would get if you raided and sold the UU at current prices

in comparison to the minimums of both UU and Naq hits per 15 ATs UU should really cost 500 billion per mil as both resources are in just as much demand

now obviously these are exact figures (will check my maths again to be sure lol) and i know this will never happen but shouldn't there be some kind of guideline based off profit gained for ATs when hitting for minimums?

Questions:

What are your min hits for Naq and UU per 15 ATs?

How do you think the prices should be worked out? (some type of baseline suggestion)
well its all supply and demand bro :) free market where prices arent controlled :) and i remember some times when 1m uu was sold at 1t naq :) also turns were much cheaper but also there were times when it was hard to get some turns even at 5t per k :) just i can tell you one thing, that you are right that uu price was intended to be at 500b per 1m. And you all might wonder where in the hell i took that number from??? but if you arent stupid you can work it out from the me numbers and will see that it goes to that number ;)

but like i said its supply and demand, and its only normal that prices went the way it is now, cause now people dont need much uu, cause mostly they all are built up well and have good levels and big planets, and they dont need that much uu like they needed in the past, thus demand had dropped and the suppliers have to lower the prices if they want to sell it and generate or raid more. And the naq prices for upgrades went up so people need more naq and less u, and for more naq they need more turns so its only natural turn prices went up.

Its pretty simple if there would be no uu suppliers then people would have to raid more themselves or put more money on the table that sellers would sell uu, and its hard to find a limit for that. Also there is that part of $$$ spending on all this stuff which imbalances the market even further. Anyways i am thinking that you wont achieve anything here but good luck with whatever you want to achieve ;)
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Yeah like D3ath said, that's not really how the market works, the only way you could fix the price would to either buy up all the cheap UU and sell it at a premium (good luck with that :P ) or you convince everybody else to either stop selling or to raise prices (even less likely to happen, even if it's just to troll).

UU is just too abundant, most people have 1m+ raw UP now, it's far from the time a 100k UP was considered godly. Oh and you can always raid Harch when he forgets brokers :P
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Clockwork wrote:Yeah like D3ath said, that's not really how the market works, the only way you could fix the price would to either buy up all the cheap UU and sell it at a premium (good luck with that :P ) or you convince everybody else to either stop selling or to raise prices (even less likely to happen, even if it's just to troll).

UU is just too abundant, most people have 1m+ raw UP now, it's far from the time a 100k UP was considered godly. Oh and you can always raid Harch when he forgets brokers :P
What bae said.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Clockwork wrote:Yeah like D3ath said, that's not really how the market works, the only way you could fix the price would to either buy up all the cheap UU and sell it at a premium (good luck with that :P ) or you convince everybody else to either stop selling or to raise prices (even less likely to happen, even if it's just to troll).

i have early stages of dementia :smt101
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

~Odin~ wrote:

What bae said.
I agree wholeheartedly.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

Selling uu 500b/m Ill be the first to start that movement ;) im tired of farming millions of uu and hardly making a dime.... Only time you make decent money is if you can hit for over 350k minimum per hit witch finding raids at that are quite difficult.. So if anyone is looking for some quality uu im selling for 500b/m now :) a

nd I disagree on the whole uu are not in great demand and that we dont use uu as much as we did then... We build bigger stats then we did then and so the losses are more and we build them big stats more often... And everyone is in need of uu... Its just a matter of who is willing to take the first step on raising the price.... So my voice might not be much but it's worth a try...
Spoiler
T R U X
Fledgling Forumer

i should really quote every post here to say something really childish like ... :smt019 lol

funny how 1 researched post can raise the market price so drastically!

But it is now fair for those who prefer to raid to make their naq and make profit in both farming and raiding instead of just farming

:smt100
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

dont get a big head you didnt raise the market price with this post.

the price raised because more people are buying than whats selling. supply and demand.
if everyone starts selling prices will go back down in a bid to undercut eachother to get the clientèle.

besides that, i raid for 400k+, not enough profit in 300k... and raiding can be so much more profitable because if you can move them, can raid few hundred mil each turn...

you cant control an open slatter because of greed... farming for example you can say "hey, lets everyone hit for no less than 500bil naq and we'll all be making mega amuonts" and even if everyone does, you'll get someone hitting for 450b to get all the naq before everyone else does.... same with selling, everyone starts selling for 500, you'll get someone selling flat out for 400b/m and clean up while people trying to sell at 500 cant move their uu.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
T R U X
Fledgling Forumer

must have just be a massive coincidence then :smt090
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well i still buying and have plenty of sellers at 300b per 1m :D so you can try and control and do whatever **Filtered** you want as long as it doesnt effect me i am good to go :D but yeah i would say i ahree the prices rised from like 250-260b to 300b :D and i can clearly state that if u are buying at 500b per 1m then u are either fool or desperate or both :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

There was, not so long ago, a moment not really many players were selling UU on the forums, so if some1 put a trade up there, it was almost certain he or she could sell it at the rate they put there.
Players will pay for something they need, especially if they don't have much choice in who's selling it.
Looking, selling,
demand, supply,
ying yang

;)
Infinity
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Endgame

D3ath wrote:well i still buying and have plenty of sellers at 300b per 1m :D so you can try and control and do whatever **Filtered** you want as long as it doesnt effect me i am good to go :D but yeah i would say i ahree the prices rised from like 250-260b to 300b :D and i can clearly state that if u are buying at 500b per 1m then u are either fool or desperate or both :D
It's the other way around. You desperately need to buy cheap turns and uu because of your style, scavenger :smt019

Return to “StarGateWars General”