Ascended Technology Area? ( Title Changed )

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.

Technology upgrades in main should be available in exchange for Life force in ascension

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 43
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Ascended Technology Area? ( Title Changed )

Coming to a Cosmos near you...

Well it has been for a while. Just a couple of thoughts

If turns were traded it would mess up Ascended server and have a major impact. The stronger players could effectively buy turns mass away defences in a teamlike fashion and then raid planets effectively destroying accounts

I would like to see Cosmic trade in physical realm bonuses. You give up some of your ascended realm life force to buy bonuses in the main game in various areas.
An example could be Cloaking technology for MS so that can increase/decrease damage
Last edited by Funky White Boy on Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tok`ra

Itd unballance it just like it has with main.

EDIT: Gee, thanks. Just up and edit the topic so I looks stupid :p

YES to buying tech for main.

NO to any other kind of market.
Last edited by Tok`ra on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

Main is already unbalanced. A scheme which feeds bonuses into main would mean more activity on ascended which would be a good thing without impacted on the ascended server.

Trade in Turns would I agree totally destroy the ascended game
samson1111
Forum Irregular

NO to cosmic market
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

Anything more constructive to discussion than a simple no would help. This is an area to float ideas. If you do not like then please discuss why rather than a simple no. Like my other thread about duels it is to thrash out ideas so that we can discard the ones which players think are rubbish.

I am simply trying to encourage players to at least play ascended. At the moment there are too many barely active accounts. If players could see an advantage say bonuses in main over an above ascension bonuses they might actually participate.
samson1111
Forum Irregular

this would only unbalance the game, stronger would get stronger and the weaker couldnt afford to buy on the market nothing. With the market also PPT would come, so I think ascended server is just cool as it is NO market, NO PPT.

The way I see ascended is that u have to play clever, to be better, if u want to mass some1 u have to really have a big problem with that guy, cause it would cost u a lot, since u cant buy another turns

and ther u have another option>>> u can buy DMU with cross server trades... so I think this is already enough for the trades
ohknee0
Fledgling Forumer

samson1111 wrote:NO to cosmic market

ditto
THOR: The Replicators will soon consume all that they can within our home galaxy. Yours will be next.

O’NEILL: I thought we were too primitive to consume?
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

I actually agree from the point of view of influence on ascended. I think Cosmic Trade should not unbalance this server like it has in main.

What I am really talking about is cross server benefits above the ascension bonuses this would encourage people to actually play to benefit Main. In no way would I want Cosmic Trade to include PPT or Turns as this has severely unbalanced the main server.

My Idea would be say
Defence Tech Levels 1-20 ( Each giving say 2% Bonus to main)
MS technologies Level 1-20

Bought with Life force getting exponentially expensive.
Tok`ra

Ill help out people.

Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

I would like to see the Broker arrangement brought to ascended so that players can trade ith ech other but definatly NO to any other form of market :-D
market mod speaking
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

Looks like a big no to this idea :shock:
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Have to say that I like the idea of being able to buy main server improvements. Those of us that play ascention will love that idea, and those that don't will hate it.
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

I am only in main again to feed my ascension account so it wouldn't effect me either way. I just want more people to have to play the ascension server I feel lonely up here
:-D
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

I don't want to see any form of trading in ascension. Why would ascended beings trade/want to trade?

The idea of ascension is (although alliances from main stick together) that you are on your own - no outside help - except in the form of threats/attacks - therefore your rank/power is down to all your own work and has not simply been bestowed upon you by another player.

I say just scrap the idea of cosmic trade - it's been coming since ascension was introduced - but like I said, why would an ascended being trade?
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

samson1111 wrote:NO to cosmic market

Agreed.

YES to cashing in power on the Ascended server in exchange for permanent technology on the Main server (technology, not resources). No impact on Ascension what so ever, save adding an incentive to play for those people that only Ascend to improve their Main account.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”