Another Goodbye thread... (sorry)

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
General Midget Man
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Another Goodbye thread... (sorry)

An open-ended letter to the Stargatewars Community!

Firstly let me start by saying sorry for the length of this post… and then thank you, thank you for all the fun/frustrating/exciting/interesting/annoying/bad/great times I have had amongst you these past 481 days, 11 hours, 6 minutes, 1 seconds, Its been great!

My reasoning for leaving is entirely to do with RL circumstances which I would be more than happy to go into detail with over msn but is a little tedious for the general forum. Long story short... I don’t have enough time to continue playing SGW, checking the forums, and moving forward in my life all at the same time so I’ve made a decision, and I’m planning to stick by it for better or worse (gee I sound like I’m about to get married lol :P)

I do have a few people id like to thank in particular...

Robe: My commander and close friend, to you I owe the most. Sue I wish you all the best in real life, ill be sure to keep in contact because you are such a kind and considerate person who always has a willing ear for a yarn :) for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

[™§£KHM£†] / [ZERO]: My old friend thanks for all your help in game, I do hope you are ok! I haven’t heard any news on your condition for quite some time now but I still pray for you and your young family, all the best and I hope to hear from you soon!

Koskesh: You have taught me so much about this game and about life, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! you are a great friend and although I haven’t heard from you in a while I wish you all the best in life.

Anderson: Mate I don’t know how to thank you enough! Josh you have been like an older brother to me for such a long time I don’t know how to put it to words! so thank you for all you have done for me in game and out Its been great knowing you

The ancient evil: Chris I wish you all the best in RL with your wife Ang (my old officer lol) you look after her you hear! :wink: ill be keeping in touch for sure. Take it easy mate

High Empty: I have learnt so much from you and don’t know how to thank you! nothing I can say seems to be enough, you are a true player of this game and seem to have it down pat more than anyone else I know of! Great work and all the best mate, Keep in touch!

Nugget01: Thanks for being my friend for so long mate, I hope to stay in touch.

(TALON): Bud I know you have had some hard times, but know I’m always around for a chat and a laugh! KEEP IN TOUCH, I absolutely love you mate :) stay cool and ill catch you around!

Navysealltblue: My loyal Officer! Adam you absolutely rock dude, you have come so far in this game and in RL since I first knew you its amazing. (suppose you could say I’m proud of you lol) I want you to make sure you keep in touch with me! and ill do the same with you, all my ingame resources are to pass to you! Cheers mate

Admin: You have a great game here! One of a kind, and I know I may have been a pain in the ass sometimes with my emails to you (lol) but know that I was a very satisfied player :) your game ticked all the boxes I was looking for to fill in time! Thanks for all your hard work

To all the people I didn’t mention personally... I apologise but if I mentioned every single one of you this would be considered even more spam like than it already is lol so I’m sorry if I didn’t mention your name! but know that everyone has had an affect on me (for better or worse, in game and out) and the ones I have mentioned are just exceptional circumstances...

I hold no grudges for anyone in this game! (after all it’s just a game lol) Best of luck to everyone! To my old Crystal Force Comrades... I salute you! We truly had something didn’t we! I hope to keep in contact with as many of you as my msn will hold! (175 sgw people alone and counting :) )

My pre-made sigs are now for free! just tell me what you want written on it and ill do it in my spare time for you! and I may make a few special requests for friends.

That’s about it...
So Fare thee well Stargatewars players! I wish you all the best in your endeavours. And I hope you have as much fun as I have had for the better part of 2 years (almost) :-D (sorry for the length)

Thanks
~General Midget Man
~GMM
~Tim

p.s. just for the record... because so many people are askign me in msn... NO IM NOT GETTING MARRIED!!! IM ONLY 19 lol :-D
Last edited by General Midget Man on Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newest
Favourite
samson1111
Forum Irregular

sorry to see u go :cry:
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Tim thanks for being such a great officer and an important member of Crystal Force.

As Director of Relations and Morale, you always had a joke and were quick to put a lot of bush fires out. You will be missed by many in SGW.

I wish you all the best that Real Life can offer.

Hope to catch you in Melbourne before Christmas.

Warm Regards Sue
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Corsair
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Damn Tim just when I was hoping to talk you into coming back to the Immortal Legion. Oh well. Have a good life mate and I hope to speak to you soon on msn.
The ancient evil
Forum Grunt

nothing to say but ... :oops: a d :cry:

speak to you on msn mate
The Ancient Evil
eggsquirl
Fledgling Forumer

hate to see u go
good luck in rl
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

To a student of the game

It was a pleasure to teach you and to impart my skills onto another.

May you find friend in RL, that match those you found here.

Remember that some of the same princables apply in RL as in here.

You are welcome to return, but you should have fun getting married.

It's great for the soul, :twisted:
Lajh
Forum Regular

farewell 'ol boy, i hope you will come back some day :cry:
Mr_Ocko
Forum Newbie

good luck in RL mate...
"This one step -- choosing a goal and sticking to it -- changes everything."
PRINCESS CIEL

i am so sorry to see you go just when i am getting to know you i do wish you all the best in RL :( :( :(
dawn :(
Last edited by PRINCESS CIEL on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turkey
Forum Regular

Good luck in real life dude, sad to see you leave the game :( Gobble, Gobble! and farewell.:P
ValosCor
Forum Newbie

OMG :( ......sad sad day....I wish you best mate!!!
Terran Prime
lostfarfarfaraway
Fledgling Forumer

b-bye mate, have fun 8)
General Midget Man
Fledgling Forumer

All my ingame resources have been passed onto my officer Navysealltblue!
And my account has been passed into the hands of Kull Warrior who will change the name to whatever lol :-D
Newest
Favourite
Nug
Forum Grunt

Nooooooooo :cry:

Goodluck in RL, wish you all the best and take care of yourself

Next time your in Essendon dont hesitate to drop by :P
or give us a ring sometime and we'll go out for kebabs again :-D

Hmm... Maybe we can introduce Robe to Moonee Ponds Kebabs next times shes down in Melb 8)

Return to “Quitting....”