worst book you ever read

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
_banned
Forum Grunt

worst book you ever read

mine would be Plato's dialogues, i ended up feeling very stupid after i read it, i confese i didn't get a thing
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

descarted meditations..i hate that man....
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
TitaniaX
Forum Irregular

Battlefield Earth.

It is the only book I have ever started and couldnt be bothered with finishing. I read about 1/3 of it and said "this is a piece of crap" and didnt finish it.

deliriant isti Romani
si vis pacem para bellum
vae victis

Feedback thread:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 48&t=81867
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

Well i will say i tend not to read crap books, and im always reluctant on reading a new author incase he/she sucks...unless i get someone saying its good (someone who knows good books and aint a complete tard)
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
Spam Bot
Fledgling Forumer

I know that it is hailed as a work of genius, but I got 3 pages into "A Clockwork Orange" before throwing it across the room. A bit of gobbledeegook is ok, but you need to be able to understand the odd word here and there. :?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? Epicurus [341–270 B.C.] Greek philosopher
Osi
Forum Addict

1984 it was far to depressing...I like Plato's work btw
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
raistlin majere
Forum Elite
Alliance: Withheld
Race: Nanotimaster
ID: 8675309

Damn near anything on a School's summer reading list.
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:ZOMG IT"S RAI!!!
Lord Thanatos
Fledgling Forumer

"The Cay" I had to read it for school and i damn near killed myself. I'ts like Lost minus the bad guys, all the cool characters, the guns, the story, the polar bears, and the fat man. the only two characters are a obnoxious black man and a retarded rich kid who goes blind from staring at the sun.
Xbox Live tag: LordThanatos117. Play me in Gears of War, LOTR BFMEII, or just chat.
Thanatos God of death
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

C.S. Lewis- The Abolition of Man
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

the bible
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
vn70072
Forum Irregular

The Pearl. If it wasn't for school I would have thrown it in the garbage by the 5th page.
CthulhuSpawn
Fledgling Forumer

The first Harry Potter book. I hated it, and it made me hate the series.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
YEA BUNNY!!
The Xeno
n00b prophet

I believe I once picked up a Junie B. children’s book.

That day, I lost all faith in our education system.
I mean come on, what happened to redwall?
Last edited by The Xeno on Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

oh man

i seriously cant say i hate any book, i just didn't read it in the right mind set
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
The Deity
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren
Race: Ancient
ID: 23494
Location: Alas, Now I'm A Little Further Away From The Sun, But I'm Closer To The Warmth

I have a few on my hate list but the most recent would be David and Leigh Eddings' "The Younger Gods". I had enjoyed all their previous work and I was looking forward to the last book of their latest series. What I read was terrible. It appeared as if they had contracted out the task of writing the final instalment to a 5th grade Math class (Yes I did mean to say Math). It starts minor stories that it doesn't finish, draws on random events and quite a few chapters are just repeats of previous ones with a slightly different perspective. All in all I have to say that you disappoint me David and Leigh. Oh how the mighty fall.

Return to “The Book Club”