truth about the 9th Chevron will be revealed...

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

truth about the 9th Chevron will be revealed...

found this on gateworld:

GateWorld wrote:Universe deals with ninth chevron

Saturday - March 24, 2007 | by Darren Sumner

The working concept for the third Stargate television series includes the Stargate's ninth chevron, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told fans today. Cooper appeared on stage in front of 500 fans at Creation's Official Stargate SG-1 / Stargate Atlantis Convention in Vancouver, British Columbia.

"It plays a major factor in the third series," Cooper said in response to a fan's question about the significance of the ninth chevron. "So that question is answered!"

Fans have long wondered why the ninth and final chevron was created by the Ancients, since normal gate addresses only utilize seven of them. The eighth chevron adds an extra distance calculation, allowing the team to establish a stable wormhole to a Stargate in another galaxy. It was first used in SG-1 Season Two's "The Fifth Race."

Cooper also said that the third series "is very active in development. MGM is currently putting financing together. The goal is to have it out in the marketplace in early 2008, which means that we have to start writing very soon. The hold-up has really been the movies -- Brad and I are busy. When we are done with Continuum and Ark of Truth we're going to turn our attention to that pretty seriously."

Whatever form the series takes, viewers can definitely expect the same familiar from that has made the franchise a 10-year-old success. "There will be a Stargate, and a team on adventures," Cooper said. "I can tell you what it won't be, which is it really won't be as much of a spin-off of SG-1 as Atlantis was. And it won't be a spin-off of Atlantis. It's going to be a third arm of the franchise that will really stand alone and I think be an entirely new flavor from what we've done before."

Just what the Stargate's ninth chevron does and how it might relate to working title Stargate Universe (story) fans can only speculate. Watch GateWorld for more on the third series!
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
GAT-X207
Forum Expert
ID: 0

:shock: ohh nice find, i totally forgot about 9th chevron, wat does it do???
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

dont know what yet... but we will learn during the 3rd series...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Its always been assumed that the 9th chevron adds even more distance than the 8th does allowing the possibility of total universe travel. Of course its never been stated but is a good guess given the lack of any clarification.

Now with this new series I hope they dont over complicate things by trying to explain the 9th chevron, I mean if it goes to alternate dimensions or something that would just suck as its over extending the format too much
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
GAT-X207
Forum Expert

well the ninth chevron suggested b4 as a distance addition/ time travel calculation/dimension modifier. so take your pick or add a new possible function
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
Lord_Grant
Forum Irregular

I would be willing to bet a fair bit that chevron 9 is a time-travel type addtion......
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Lord_Grant wrote:I would be willing to bet a fair bit that chevron 9 is a time-travel type addtion......

No it wont be. Whats the point of traveling in time thru a gate, jsut make a device lol, and put it on ALL the gates? It must have some SUPER important purpose. I'm guessing clusters of galaxy's.

However as far as I know the Ancients didn't populate tons of galaxy's.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

there are several possibilities...

some are:
other distance thing (not likely, considering that is purpose of 8th)
time travel
dimensional travel
planes of existence (also unlikely)
some sort of safety protocol system

any other ideas?

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Zeratul wrote:there are several possibilities...

some are:
other distance thing (not likely, considering that is purpose of 8th)
time travel
dimensional travel
planes of existence (also unlikely)
some sort of safety protocol system

any other ideas?

Thats actually more likely than anything else, as the 8th only allows travel to other galaxies in our local cluster, not outside of it. The 9th could allow travel to another cluster. Always possible & much more feasible than time/dimesion travel.

Remember anyways regarding time travel the ship, why would the ancients build time travel into the gate when they didnt want the time travelling ship built?

Planes of existance? Well that would really defeat the point of ascension wouldnt it :P

And its possible it could be used for dimensional travel but how would you make a series out of that? as the sgc deemed dimensional travel unsafe after accidents with that mirror
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

actually, the mirror was parallell universes, not dimensions...

but it is actually unlikely anyways, as they had other techs for that...

dibby12
Forum Newbie

well acording to the tocra anies in series 3 or 4 when she is talking to sam about the dialling computer anies mentions the ninth cheveron and doesnt know what it is but indicates its for time travel so maybe it is
Spacey
Forum Zombie

I think I would have a difficult time with that. It would be like sliders, and if they go through time, they are bound to change something..which they always say they should never do.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
dibby12
Forum Newbie

but they always say they wont change anything and they always doo dont they
lol
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

If the 9th chevron turns out to be for time travel, then the ancients cant hve built the gates.

As if you all recall, the ancient council in atlantis was dead set against the Time Ship been built. In fact so set against it that they destroyed it when he built in atlantis & he had to rebuild it in secret back in the milky way. Now I know the ancients in Atlantis were a 'seperate' society from the milky way ones for a while but it stands to reason that the ancients who stayed in the milky way were also similarly against time travel.

Hence why would they build the stargates with the capability for it??

dibby12
Forum Newbie

but then you come to the conclusion that if so much was doin in secret then how do we know a select group of scientist were instrusctred to buil the stargates and added the time travel cheveron and as they were going to tell the rest of the ancients the found out that ,the council was against time travel so they kept it secret just like the time ship or merlins weapon ?????

Return to “The TV room”