Role of Physical Realm in descension

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Role of Physical Realm in descension

Am I right that you need to overcome the targets physical realm to get to the God behind.

Also does anyone know whether these followers of the physical realm then do any LF damage?
NanoCommander
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Yes and yes
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

The funny part is you can do a direct assault and never damage their physical def. I know someone who was deascended with their def still intact and never even scratched.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Yeah its possible, but harder.
Ston
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: Ascended Stone
ID: 13514

@ lore: sorry, but i highly doubt that it was never even scratched. You can do a personal attack when the defending target still got a defence thats right. But even if the attacker got no physical attack at all, his personal attack (which is in most cases stronger then any physical defence..) will definately destroy some of the targets defence systems, while the leftover physical defense power will be converted into additional LF damage inflicted on the attacker.

only chance that a defender in a personal attack suffers no losses in a battle battle is the scenario that the attacker got less power in physical+personal strike then defenders def (but even then i guess there will be done some damage) but thena gain the defender wouldnt loose much LF, in fact not enough to be deascended before the attacker will deascend himself cause of these attacks.
Aegidius
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Lone Wolf
Race: Ancient
ID: 36797

Lore wrote:The funny part is you can do a direct assault and never damage their physical def. I know someone who was deascended with their def still intact and never even scratched.

It also happened to me (kind of). My defense was massed but I rebuilt it (smaller but rebuilt) and a few hours later I was descended with some damage in weapons. The soldiers in my defense were like:

Soldier 1: hey, where is all that life force? I swear I saw it coming
Soldier 2: mmm. dude? I think the boss is already descended
Soldier 1: crap. I will lose my job because of this
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

When you hit someone WITH a defense the physical defnse takes a chunk out of your LF.
Aegidius
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Lone Wolf
Race: Ancient
ID: 36797

I can not tell u for sure and of course I can't bring my logs in here (that would be very stupid). The problem is that when I had a defense I was in a much higher rank that the time I was attacked without a defense so the ranking multipiler is not allowing me to get a good contrast right now.

Since descension will be more than tested with The Rebellion war I think we will all be able to talk about small (or big) adjusts right after the war. I mean, most of us will have the experince of descend or be descended more than one time by then. ;)
Acheron
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Tok'ra
ID: 71390

be aware there seems to be a BUG in physical defense in descension attacks! see my thread on the bugs forum for infos on this. admin needs to fix it fast :P

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”