just a thought

Suggest any improvements
S T I
Forum Intermediate

just a thought

we have had a major discussion on the problem of people ascending just for the bonuses & how we can solve this & get more people playing.

why not keep the 25% bonus for LG but from there the bonuses change, it is then linked to your Influence Power in ascension. thus encouraging people to play & the people who have been playing getting some thing for all their efforts, but the people who don't want to play it, would only lose 5%.

everyone catered to. :wink:
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
Turkey
Forum Regular

I think one of the main reasons many people have done 6 minimum ascensions is because of the lack of knowledge they have of the ascended realm before they do it.

I did this and regret it alot. I never fully understood the importance of my ascended account (to be honest there was no importance to them before descension came out).

I say if you did crappy ascensions then you gotta deal with it.

EDIT: But yeh your idea is good and would be a nice update
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: just a thought

S T I wrote:we have had a major discussion on the problem of people ascending just for the bonuses & how we can solve this & get more people playing.

why not keep the 25% bonus for LG but from there the bonuses change, it is then linked to your Influence Power in ascension. thus encouraging people to play & the people who have been playing getting some thing for all their efforts, but the people who don't want to play it, would only lose 5%.

everyone catered to. :wink:

The biggest problem I see is the "tieing it to your influence" part. As a rank 5 account in influence can be taken down to rank 5ooo in just turns. Unless raiding is curbed the idea is a bad one.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

you got your control in ascension dont ask for control in main besides that any % + will give most accounts unbeatable extra's

There was never mentioned that you had to do Huge ascensions in order to do anything in main....
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
S T I
Forum Intermediate

Raven wrote:you got your control in ascension dont ask for control in main besides that any % + will give most accounts unbeatable extra's

There was never mentioned that you had to do Huge ascensions in order to do anything in main....

i can see what your saying, but like i have said b4, you have to look at the other side, you say no one told you about doing huge ascensions, no one told me to do loads of things in this game, but i have, guess what i am quite good at it :wink: .

but to get back to the point, people who have made huge ascensions to make their ascension accounts good, have had the oppisite effect in main, ie their Main accounts have been caught up with or even over taken in strenght.

so these accounts have lost out,

But on the other hand the acounts who have just ascended for the bonuses at min costs to their main account have gained massively.

so why not give something back to the people who have bothered to play ascension. It should be a two way street.

Main & ascension are Linked so it should be balanced some where along the time line. you get out what you put in.
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

Hear, hear! I totally agree with you, S T I. As for Raven, there have been lots of things I didn't "know" when I played this game but the information was out there. You just got caught up in the ascending frenzy without doing the research necessary to find out what was going on. As for doing HUGE ascensions, let me show you the APP from my first five ascensions: 5300, 12500, 22,000, 25,000, 54000. No one TOLD me (because I was one of the first to ascend and was just feeling my way around) that I needed to do BIG ascensions. But I knew that the people who were doing six ascensions right away were messing up and were going to regret it later on. I played smart, kept my nose clean, avoided conflicts until I was strong enough to handle them (and I emphasize that last part because that is the primary reason that I was able to reach the heights that I am now). I also knew that, eventually, with strong enough ascensions, I could make my ascension account self-sustaining. Voila'! It has happened. I don't need to ascend anymore (even though I have three ascensions left). Yes I could have had a kick ass main account right now if I hadn't given up all those resources. But I have a kick ass ascension account now and now I can make my main account kick ass again, slowly but surely. The problem is, many of you are into "instant gratification/I want it NOW" mode. Patience is the key to this game. That and skill. Any swinging <self modded> can buy up a bazillion turns and, with no life, raid himself up in main really quickly and build unassailable stats in MS and attack and get away with it. In ascension, it is a whole 'nother animal. EVERY stat is important, and those who become one-trick ponies become no trick ponies very quickly.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Yep mojo exactly.

I like ascension because I only need to login once a day to play it, and not raid al my life to get ahead like in main.

I recently watched an EP of southpark taking the piss of world of warcraft and it was well funny. I can imagine a lot of ppl on SGW like that fat guy though.
hfown
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren
Race: season 10+ tauri
ID: 1970200

IM NOT FAT!! IM JUST BIG BONED!!!!!

so at 6 ascensions the stronger your influence power is the more bonuses you get in main? like 1% bonus to all stats for every.............. i dunno, some big amount of power in influence or something......
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

A 1% bonus for every trillion influence power. That sounds fair. :) I am all for that. Though I am still more for the 1% per million planets idea. That way, even those that quick ascended have a little bit of a bonus over those non-ascended beings.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

1% per trillion is not fair at all.

1% per million is also unfair.

As the bonus gets bigger the amount it goes up by should get smaller.

Not using actual numbers for this exampline, 10mil planets might give you a 10% boost but 20mil planets might give you a 15% boost.

Therefor making it possible to go over 100%, 200% etc just a lot harder.
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

I see what you are saying. The progression could go something like this:

# of planets/percentage bonus added to ascended bonus
1 million = 1%
2 million = 2%
3 million = 3%
4 million = 4%
5 million = 5%
7 million = 6%
9 million = 7%
11 million = 8%
13 million = 9%
15 million = 10%
18 million = 11%
21 million = 12%
24 million = 13%
27 million = 14%
30 million = 15%
34 million = 16%
38 million = 17%
42 million = 18%
46 million = 19%
50 million = 20%
55 million = 21%
60 million = 22%
65 million = 23%
70 million = 24%
75 million = 25%
85 million = 26%
95 million = 27%
105 million = 28%
115 million = 29%
135 million = 30%
150 million = 31%
165 million = 32%
180 million = 33%
195 million = 34%
210 million = 35%
230 million = 36%
250 million = 37%
270 million = 38%
290 million = 39%
310 million = 40%
340 million = 41%
370 million = 42%
400 million = 43%
430 million = 44%
460 million = 45%
500 million = 46%
540 million = 47%
580 million = 48%
620 million = 49%
660 million = 50%

How does that look to everyone? That way, if you ascend really well just once, you can still get a decent bonus in main. And the bonuses don't get out of hand for the bigger accounts.
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

are u sh*$*%$%ing me .........seriously

i guess a week cant go by without this being brought up, so be it
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

Sorry? Are the bonuses too limited? Should I expand the chart more?
Timmy
Forum Irregular

rater than planets or infulence power it would be better of rank

ie top 0-50
50-100
100-200 all get something like an extra few % for each froup
chargin
Forum Intermediate

lol 50% bonus? that's way too much. it should be tied to ranking and be max of 15%, if there were no other advantages to main except this and descention. if an account is not logged in for over 1 week it is considerd inactive an not included in calculating the top % of players.

top 1% of players: 15%
top 2% of players: 14%
top 5% of players: 13%
top 10% of players: 12%
top 15% of players: 11%
top 20% of players: 10%
top 25% of players: 9%
top 30% of players: 8%
top 35% of player: 7%
top 40% of players: 6%
top 45% of players: 5%
top 50% of players: 4%
top 60% of players: 5%
top 70% of players: 4%
top 80% of players: 3%
top 90% of players: 2%
top 100% of players: 1%

I say smart things so people don't realize how dumb i am.

Return to “Suggestions”