Can only ascend once every 2 weeks??

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Elven Archer
Forum Newbie

Can only ascend once every 2 weeks??

What happened to fast ascensions?? Out the door I guess. An error comes up when trying to ascend that you can only ascend every two weeks... that's definitely new...

(Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere.)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Can only ascend once every 2 weeks??

Well this is interesting. Wonder what the point of it is and why no one was told about it?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

If no one knows about it then it could be a bug.

The bug that got those cheaters a lot of naq involved ascending and changing back to basic race. Its a weak connection but possible...
Elven Archer
Forum Newbie

Idk about that bug, but how could this be a bug if a message appears when you try to ascend saying you can only ascend once every two weeks? Obviously this would only affect people who are trying to do fast ascensions, but now those people have just wasted a lot of naq..
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

It's a solution come too late to a problem that needed solving a year ago.
Munchy
Forum Expert
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 60881

Hells__Angel wrote:If no one knows about it then it could be a bug.

The bug that got those cheaters a lot of naq involved ascending and changing back to basic race. Its a weak connection but possible...

I am pretty sure that you are correct. The bug that caused the infinite naq thing had to do with ascension, so this seems to another measure he put in place to prevent it.

ID=60881
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Hensenshi wrote:It's a solution come too late to a problem that needed solving a year ago.

You can say this about many things in SGW lately. I hope he gets things squared away soon.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
kinnell
Fledgling Forumer

There should have been an announcement.

Thanks to the lack of an announcement, I sold my weapons, brokered and was about to ascend when I got hit with that message. In selling my weapons and rebuying them, I lost 1 trillian naq.

Sweet.
Virgil
Chaos Admin

well now the amount of G&R may have been changed too?
My ascension image vanished. No announcement of an update anywhere either. Very sad though that updates are made with no announcement about it not to mention changing something that should not be for those that have not yet reached the top plateau. Some updates should be reserved as a new standard beyond where the top person is now not for where others are at trying to catch the top person or whatever the case may be. This directly relates hindering growth of not only large accounts but even more so the smaller accounts. While seeing things done to make ascension actually mean a bit more is good, sticking a majority behind a wall behind where others are at is not right either. A new standard of this magnitude should really be enforced beyond where the top person is currently.

Would be nice for it to be a bug though. Especially since there has been NO official updates.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Seems there are more updates not announced then are.
Reason, youll get dead.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Any updated info on this, my CO has enough g&r to ascend but the icon isn't showing in his account apparently.

Its about a week since he last ascended, and he says he never had a time limit before.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Yes there is a minimum time requirement between ascentions. Has been for some time now.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”