Queen

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Queen

I'm not going to harp on too much about how great Queen were, simply to say that they were one of the greatest bands ever, and probably the best live band ever.

Next month will mark 16 years (where does the time go?) since the death of the great Freddie Mercury, and since there seems to be no other thread dedicated to Queen I thought I'd create one for people to nominate their favourite songs or to let us know of any live performances they got to.

For me - I had a ticket for their last ever live performance (Knebworth ,86), but was unable to go due to being ill. I was, howevre, fortunate enough to go to the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in 1992 to see Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon accopanied by some of the world's biggest musical stars - what a day - and not a dry eye in the house!

As for their songs, I know I've asked for favourites, but it's difficult.....

One Vision
Innuendo
It's Late
Was It All Worth It?
Now I'm Here
Hammer To Fall
Bohemian Rhapsody
Liar
Radio Ga Ga
We Are The Champions

There are so many other great tracks, and I'd probably change my mind tomorrow - but those are probably my favourite 10 as of this second!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Re: Queen

Bohemian Rhapsody.... legendary song also.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

The Show Must Go On is my favourite Queen song.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
#?#

Hmm between Don't stop me now and We are the champions for my favorite of Queen, such great songs. I liked I want to break free too.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

You see? - The Show Must Go On and Don't Stop Me Now - they could easily replace two songs (probably Liar and Radio Ga Ga?) in my top 10.

Well I did say those 10 were my favourite for that second!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
GrandadmiralThrawn
Forum Irregular

queen are truelly brilliant i just regret haveing never been able to see them live being born 88

still listen to their music, and been to see we will rock you in london which i highly recommend

still i gotta say my fav is bohemian rhapsody, but i also really like champions rock you and don't stop me now, but then there all good.
Spacey wrote:Lesson learnt: never post on the forum when you are naked.

Return to “Music”