United v Liverpool, Chelsea v Arsenal

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Stubert
Forum Spammer
ID: 0

United v Liverpool, Chelsea v Arsenal

tehehe United 1 Liverpool 0
Q MAN wrote:i have to admit,i was ownd by ly!!!

PROUD HALL OF SHAMER
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: United v Liverpool, Chelsea v Arsenal

Cracking performance by the Red Devils, particularly defensively - but having said that, it seems Liverpool couldn't hit the side of a barn today!

Tevez got on the end of Rooney's long shot to fire United into a 43rd minute lead, after Liverpool had 2 attempts cleared off the line by Evra and Anderson and Torres headed wide from a couple of yards.

Liverpool were hardly in it second half, and Rooney should have made it 2-0 late on, missing a sitter from 6 yards out with only Reina to beat.

Only with the introduction of Babel did Liverpool look truly threatening in the second half, the substitute beating van der Sar (and the post) from a decent strike on the edge of the United area.

Gerrard almost equalised from a free-kick late on, but the ball skimmed the crossbar, grazing the top of the net.

Ferdinand and Vidic were majestic in defence for United, and Liverpool did not have an answer to Evra and Giggs down the left wing.

A solid performance from United, leaving them only 1 point adrift of Arsenal following the Gunners 1-0 win against Chelsea. Liverpool are 9 points behind United and, having yet (I believe) to play United, Arsenal and Chelsea away from home, will struggle to close the gap on the top two, despite their game in hand.

1 Arsenal: Played 17 Points 40
2 Man Utd: Played 17 Points 39
3 Chelsea: Played 17 Points 34
4 Man City: Played 17 Points 33
5 Liverpool: Played 16 Points 30
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak

Return to “Sports Section”