the weirdest book ever?

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

the weirdest book ever?

was just browsing design contests and there's one for the book cover. this is what that book is about:

Satan is a 300 pound indestructable immortal neanderthal who was entertaining himself by driving horses off of cliffs when he discovered that the cro magnons started doing it too, as a form of hunting. this is when he learned that what he really wanted to do with is eternal punishment of bordom is to start manipulating mankind. The second coming of Christ occured in the year AD 79 at which time Satan was bound in hell. An angel was supposed to destroy the earth but didn't have the heart to. This was witnessed by one man who documented it, but the document is kept secret. Satan escapes from hell in 1079 and starts wreaking havoc on the planet. In 1979 the "real" space shuttle Enterprise is launched in secret, but vanishes without a trace. The "fake" enterprise winds up in a museum. 30 years later the shuttle is discovered having belly landed in a florida prairie and it contains a bomb that will destroy the earth, unfortuately the detonator was found by a local sherriff and he and a science teacher tried to melt it down because they thought it was gold, and produced a 3 mile deep crater where their town used to be. Satan steals the bomb from the shuttle but he needs an atom bomb to detonate it. Saints are sneaking people into heaven (hence catholicism) but it's "outer heaven". they hatch a scheme to reconcile the human race with god, who they assume does not know the earth is still there. Satan learns of this scheme and issues an ultimatum (because it would mean his final end) that they abandon this scheme or he'll destroy everyone with the bomb in the shuttle. also, a man killed in the WTC at 9/11 is sent to sneak the soul of Mohammed Atta into heaven, and, not understanding that it's part of their reconciliation plan, gets upset and crosses the barrier into inner heaven to snitch on the saints ... anyway, the story goes on and on and on like that. There is a big showdown at the end where the Airforce is battling Satan with A-10's and the saints and historical figures from outer heaven like Larry Storch and Richard Feynman come clean, first to the rest of the people on Earth (hence the A-10 battle) and they also decide to go directly into heaven through the portal opened up by the shuttle 35 miles high over texas, but since the shuttle is badly damaged, and they don't even make shuttle rockets or the particular formula of fuel it used, they have to come up with a creative solution involving a C-5 Galaxy and the third stage rocket of a captured Shahab ICBM launched by terrorists at CENTCOM at the behest of Satan try and destroy the shuttle which had been moved there, so they could not find God and beg him for mercy (this is their only working plan at this point) (it's long story how they managed to recover the Shahab but it's believeble, considering the general tone of the story) and the A-10 battle occurs when Satan starts beating his way into CENTCOM to get the warhead (which he does) and well, more stuff happens but it all ends with everything being back to normal, if you can imagine that (no it wasn't all a dream).

:shock: :?
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: the weirdest book ever?

So where can we get a copy? :P
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

Ever heard of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi? It's an anime an manga, but the novels came first. That said, I think it's way weirder then this. :lol:
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

well.. if they've made manga based on this it HAS to be weird.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

What's the book called?
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

what Magni said
Magni
Forum Expert
Alliance: [TÅÅE]
Race: Ancient
ID: 75443

LiQuiD wrote:what Magni said

But I didn't say anything...

Does anyone know what book that is? It sounds ridiculous enough to read!
Spam Emperor
BMMJ13 wrote:Statbuilder is such a stupid term. What do you mass people with? Hopes and Dreams?
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

_Magni_ wrote:What's the book called?

what both magni folk said
Dajjal
Forum Elder
ID: 0

LiQuiD wrote:

I wanna know what it is....
Made by Colton!
Stargater580
Phoenix Award for Epic Success, awarded Jan 21, 2009.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

LiQuiD wrote:

Indeed :-D

Return to “The Book Club”