Melodic Death Metal

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
Ishmayeck
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Drunken Ones
Race: Russian
ID: 21616

Melodic Death Metal

Who is also like me a fellow slave addict of to this genre? I can't seem to get these songs out of my head... :P Always looking for more melodic death metal bands, list your favorites here.

Dark Tranquility
Norther
In Flames
I've heard At the Gates are good, but I haven't listened to them much... guess I dig out Frostwire now and try them out :)

~+Ishmayeck+~
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Melodic Death Metal

i just posted in your thread about norther..but just incase... i suggest you get some stuff by children of bodom :-D they are my personal favorite melodic death metal band...

Their first 2 albums arent as good as their others (personal opinion) but i would most suggest the album 'follow the reaper'.

Enjoy :)

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
R'zul
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

i really can't recommend Amon Amarth highly enough. its melodic death metal with strong lyrical themes of Norse mythology and general viking epicness. the albums 'with oden on our side' and 'versus the world' are probably my favorites, but its all brilliant.

if you don't mind slightly higher vocals, then try out 'enthrone darkness triumphant' by dimmu borgir and 'reinkaos' by dissection. theyre not technically death metal but i think if you like one you might like the other.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh R'zul R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Apotheosis
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Torchwood
Race: TOLAH

Ishmayeck[KDE4] wrote:Who is also like me a fellow slave addict of to this genre? I can't seem to get these songs out of my head... :P Always looking for more melodic death metal bands, list your favorites here.

Dark Tranquility
Norther
In Flames
I've heard At the Gates are good, but I haven't listened to them much... guess I dig out Frostwire now and try them out :)

~+Ishmayeck+~

You should check out At the gates there def one of my fave metal bands
8)
szadek
Forum Newbie
Alliance: FU and Them
Race: Ancient
ID: 1905358

I'm not a big fan of traditional Swedish melodic death metal (like In Flames or Dark Tranquility). Arch Enemy is an exception.

However, I am big fan of Children of Bodom (first three/four albums), Amon Amarth, The Project Hate (who have electronic elements), Norther and Wintersun.
bleedingblue
Forum Regular
Race: Steve
ID: 59818

well, trivium is a lighter standard, but one of my favorites as they are the first MDM band i listened to...yeah, got to agree that children of bodom is one of my favorite bands, hands down...umm, i cant think of anybody right now as it is late at night...just had to post cause i'm happy as hell there are some ppl out there who've fallen prey to the beauty that is this musical genre...metal ftw

7rad3 F33d8ack: http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=159019

UU Sold to date: 216mill

ATs Sold to date: 79k
Naq Sold to date: 42trill
szadek
Forum Newbie
Alliance: FU and Them
Race: Ancient
ID: 1905358

Trivium are thrash/metalcore.
bleedingblue
Forum Regular
Race: Steve
ID: 59818

yeah, i guess your right...good call...either way, they're the band that got me into metal/grindcore/the heavier rock...

7rad3 F33d8ack: http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=159019

UU Sold to date: 216mill

ATs Sold to date: 79k
Naq Sold to date: 42trill
lord of beer
Forum Grunt
Race: System Lord [TOLAH]

well....melodic death metal! The only good band is that i like...is Norther and Children of bodom ONLY first album (Something wild) :D
!!REVENGE IS A MEAL BEST SERVED COLD!!

Return to “Music”