Fix The Ascended Battle

Suggest any improvements
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Fix The Ascended Battle

The server, which involves many active or semi active players of all SGW, is showing lack of activity in the ascended server.

to mention : there is a big connectivity between the main and the ascended. "The ascended bonuses"

many players log into ascended once / 1 day or 2-3 time in all the week.
they dont mind being farmed, but they do mind not being descended.
this way they just build lvl's to 400-500 which isnt that hard to achieve.

to descend an account like that u need lvl 750 or TOC 300mil (which cost a lot to lvl up) and also to use the mod 130% so u can do at least 100mil damage to his 1B reserves.

this ways it takes 2much . the min is +30 hrs. alone u cant do it , in team its hard to find ppl wit that TOC and that are available to hit in time, which result a waste.

Important: What is the goal of the ascended server?
I think the primary is beeing able to descend smone or being undescendable.
secondary is to fight.
now being undescendable is a way to easy. this easy way let to these players to maintain their main bonuses while not playing at all the ascnded server.

this can be fixed and many main based players will start reinforcing their ascended accounts. which means activity.

a way to fix it might be the reducing to 1 hr the time between two ascended attacks instead of modifying many formulas which can lead to any probable trouble.

a player that cant retaliate in main can use the ascended server to add a new name to the big one in main.

ofc this helps only the actives that plays both servers.

i know that some might not like it due to inactivity on this server or not understanding how it runs.

Basically the goal is The Ascended Battle.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Fix The Ascended Battle

a way to fix it might be the reducing to 1 hr the time between two ascended attacks instead of modifying many formulas which can lead to any probable trouble.

Have to disagree with this part. This means anyone with a job is decended already, and anyone with no job has free run to kill who he wishes.

But the jest of the argument I agree with.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Lore wrote:

Have to disagree with this part. This means anyone with a job is decended already, and anyone with no job has free run to kill who he wishes.

But the jest of the argument I agree with.

man i do have a job aswell. you me and others can lvl up the repulsion to 600-700 and guess what lvl should the attacker have to make 100m lf dmg?

all im looking for is to put a pressure on those that sits in ascended and use the bonuses it gives and not to make an active descendable in 24 hrs.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

This isn't a long time solution ..... once the lazy people get their personal defenses high enough either by farming or by buying dmu we will be in the same situation.

We need a way to get more people playing and those that don't should know they will most likely be descended if they adopt a passive attitude (logging 1-2 times a day or even less). And the penalty for being descended should be much more severe or else people will simply not care.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

even if they rise their def personals you ll be able to desc them if u hit smone every turn or every hrs. but if u hit him every 3 hrs then its pointless, only a few guys that sits in front of the pc can hit 3-5 times/day.

also by allowing u to hit every hr/turn u can team up and desc smone.

the penalty isnt that important coz it just the new tag that kills a lot.
2 weeks of no bonuses will let u mass him in main if the couse of desc was a main trouble.

however the goal is The Ascended Battle.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

Nope .... once they get 600 in skills and let's say 1.5 bil total life force (lf + reserves) they will have over 50% damage reduction ..... add to that the fact that they will get a minimum of 20 mil lf / turn from flow .... so in order do some damage and have a decent chance of not wasting your turns you would need a 400 mil TOC .... that will cost you something like 105-110 quads. Compare that with 10 quads they need to spend.

If they spend a bit more .... let's say 40 quads, defense will be close to 60% and total lf over 1.7 bil with over 30 mil / turn from flow. In order to do 10% damage like in the previous example you would need a TOC of aprox 450 mil .... which will cost you around 200 quad.

Keep in mind I have considered 10 hits so 1000 turns for 1 descension ... but what will happen if you miss ..... he logs in and converts dmu to lf and you lost alot of turns. Parties of 2-3 people to attack 1 aren't quite possible .... imagine how much someone need to save/farm/buy for 200 quads .... 400 or 600 quads aren't easy to come by and in that time the target has spent beside those 40 quads another 10 which will force you to spend another 50 ..... and so on.

As I said ..... some people might be descended in the beginning, but soon things will return to "normal".
Lithium
Forum Zombie

yes u rite about that they will lvl up, which means they have to play the ascended, so activity.
also desc smone shouldnt be that easy due to RL that takes us lot of time.

my idea is to put an end of this inactivity not to desc actives.

by reducing the 3 hrs between to ascended attacks to 1hr or 1 turn many players would have to log more (in war) or lvl up. this will bring more activity.

i got yr point man but there isnt any long term solution so u can desc smone.

all u ve to do is to become more powerfull.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Well I see 2 seperate ways of thinking and 2 different outcomes being wanted.

1. Is based on the ascended server itself.
What is wanted : Deascention
Why?,,,, as a way to defend against snipers and those who maintain 0 stats.
Doesn't really address the main server and its link to ascended.

2. Is based on the link between main and ascended
What is wanted : Deascention
Why?,,,,as a way to help break a main account and bring about a useful link between the two servers.

Each would need Deascention to be addressed in a different way

lithium wrote:
all u ve to do is to become more powerfull.

I disagree, because a true sniper will outpace you in every move you make. JMO
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

the Main idea is to make the actual game play more interesting in ascended.
As u said to break a main account by descending him and to improve the Ascended Battle.

my idea doesnt include snipers coz u cant do anything against.

so in case u ll bring it to admins just shoot the 2

reducing/removing the lag between 2 ascended attacks
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

lithium wrote:The server, which involves many active or semi active players of all SGW, is showing lack of activity in the ascended server.

to mention : there is a big connectivity between the main and the ascended. "The ascended bonuses"

many players log into ascended once / 1 day or 2-3 time in all the week.
they dont mind being farmed, but they do mind not being descended.
this way they just build lvl's to 400-500 which isnt that hard to achieve.

to descend an account like that u need lvl 750 or TOC 300mil (which cost a lot to lvl up) and also to use the mod 130% so u can do at least 100mil damage to his 1B reserves.

this ways it takes 2much . the min is +30 hrs. alone u cant do it , in team its hard to find ppl wit that TOC and that are available to hit in time, which result a waste.

The RANK modifier does not affect the ascended attacks, it still shows, but it no longer has any affect admin removed it, hence why if they show 40% or 120% there is no difference.

But to add, you are trying to fix something that cannot be fixed, if you make it easier to descend someone, people quit, because sadly if someone has to go to school / work, and can be descended in that time, it leaves a massive unfair advantage against them,

Its gotten to the point where admin should just remove the ascended server completely, let people ascended in Main for bonuses etc but just dont have the server,

Change the ascended server into that old school one that everyone was talking about in general, where there is no raiding, etc etc, for now, and the last 2 years ascended has been a waste, admin is paying for that server, and it cannot be fixed.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:
Its gotten to the point where admin should just remove the ascended server completely

Change the ascended server into that old school one that everyone was talking about in general, where there is no raiding, etc etc, for now, and the last 2 years ascended has been a waste, admin is paying for that server, and it cannot be fixed.

I do still think there is 1 or 2 viable options left, but it would be massive and complete changes in game and game play. As it stands I agree it is broken beyond repair.
Reason, youll get dead.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

The 1 hour between attacks wont work because you need to give people 8-9 hours of safety. Increasing the damage done or decreasing the cost to increase your attack levels would be better. Also making the Command star worth putting dmu into would be good. I dont know if anything will ever make it more worthwhile for people to play that server.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

ascended fight is the priority of that server. if u remove it then its its like main , thats why ppl dont care.

increasing the dmg means unbalancing strike to def
decreasing the cost is the same o it ll decrease in def too

comand star should be romoved at all, an ascended pure energy doesnt need a MS

1 hr is enough, ppl should start to think how to set their lvl's to prevent de ascension . there are different ways

only in war times it might affect a little bit more coz ppl team up
but in a single fight it ll require to mass the def down a lot and have x10 strike vs def to make the hit (it consumes lots of at's) also to desc a medium account will take at least 8 hits (8 hrs) , not many can schedule 8 hits
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me

Return to “Suggestions”