on issue of server war threads in general

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Casshern
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

on issue of server war threads in general

sorry to say this but i believe certain mods are being to extreme.

such as
What part, exactly, Of no more Fuall Or server war threads, wasnt understood?

That, Is your thread. viewtopic.php?f=101&t=124143

Everyone who has posted in this thread, will be dealt with when i get home from work.

the thread that this was taken from is a proposal by a player to mediate an end or at least a method of trying to find an end to war. thus i believe it is quite ok for someone to post this thread in relation to the matter and to be replied to. also if this was put in the one thread with all the rest of the posts it would just get lost.

disagree with me or not but your jobs as mods as i see it, is to keep spam to where it should be and stop people breaking the rules of forum. NOT to stop free speech in a free online game forum.
sgtdiesalot

ps sorry if i posted this in the wrong place but it seem the correct area to me
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Re: on issue of server war threads in general

No-one is stopping any one from free speech. However, there is a dedicated thread for discussion for everything related to the War.
Image ImageImageImage
Casshern
Forum Irregular

yes ye will be, having one thread will just cause other areas that people want to discuss be lost. By not letting us as a community post what we want in threads where apriopate and in rules (neglecting spam insults etc) you will be stopping the communties free speech

look at
Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to denote not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used. Freedom of speech and freedom of expression is closely related to, yet distinct from, the concept of freedom of conscience and freedom of thought.

i do agree some limitations are needed,(we don't want insults or racism on forum)but such limitations as in use now as extreme

another point to why its extreme is that some of the issues that are being raised are in relation to the war, but not specifically about the war and can/should be applied to the rest of the server in which others can freely sound off about.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it was decided on the top of the forum chain of command to make it this way... you can survive with only one thread for that discussion...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

sgtdiesalot wrote:sorry to say this but i believe certain mods are being to extreme.

such as
What part, exactly, Of no more Fuall Or server war threads, wasnt understood?

That, Is your thread. viewtopic.php?f=101&t=124143

Everyone who has posted in this thread, will be dealt with when i get home from work.

the thread that this was taken from is a proposal by a player to mediate an end or at least a method of trying to find an end to war. thus i believe it is quite ok for someone to post this thread in relation to the matter and to be replied to. also if this was put in the one thread with all the rest of the posts it would just get lost.

disagree with me or not but your jobs as mods as i see it, is to keep spam to where it should be and stop people breaking the rules of forum. NOT to stop free speech in a free online game forum.
sgtdiesalot

ps sorry if i posted this in the wrong place but it seem the correct area to me

First of all, this isn't a case of "certain mods" being anything. The decision to take a tough stance on FUALL/TJP threads was made as a collective, and with input from all three admin. Please don't lynch individual moderators for only doing what they've been told to.

Secondly, I think the topic of a possible end to the war, or a mediation process, falls somewhat squarely under the header of "general war discussion." I don't see how anybody can argue otherwise. Any of the posts made in the closed thread would have been welcome in the official one, thereby negating your point about deliberate censorship.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Casshern
Forum Irregular

Mordack wrote:First of all, this isn't a case of "certain mods" being anything. The decision to take a tough stance on FUALL/TJP threads was made as a collective, and with input from all three admin. Please don't lynch individual moderators for only doing what they've been told to.

Secondly, I think the topic of a possible end to the war, or a mediation process, falls somewhat squarely under the header of "general war discussion." I don't see how anybody can argue otherwise. Any of the posts made in the closed thread would have been welcome in the official one, thereby negating your point about deliberate censorship.

Sorry but I did not single out any mods (i did say certain as that all I see posting) can u show me any name of any mod I singled out. Now secondly I am not privy to the private workings of the mod team so if u took the decision as a whole then the mod team of the forum are being to extreme.

Now also I only posted my opinion so that this issue could be discussed, if any mod is taking it personally, it was not the intention and I would prefer you to take the insinuation that I did back.

On the fact that the peace thing could be discussed in one thread, yes, it might be able to but personally, I think that if everything was in one thread that it would cause confusion. (You do not see everyone who wants to sell ats posting in one thread if they did it would be a very confusing system).

again I iterate that I did not mean to single out mods if u think I did (I didn't) and even if I did what is the purpose of the feedback forum if I could not discuss the actions they carry out. I did not get personal in anyway, remember the community is not here to serve ye but ye to serve the community. In general, I think the forum team do a good job but I still think that on this occasion the MOD TEAM is using overkill.

sgtdiesalot
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

sgtdiesalot wrote:
Mordack wrote:First of all, this isn't a case of "certain mods" being anything. The decision to take a tough stance on FUALL/TJP threads was made as a collective, and with input from all three admin. Please don't lynch individual moderators for only doing what they've been told to.

Sorry but I did not single out any mods (i did say certain as that all I see posting) can u show me any name of any mod I singled out. Now secondly I am not privy to the private workings of the mod team so if u took the decision as a whole then the mod team of the forum are being to extreme.

Now also I only posted my opinion so that this issue could be discussed, if any mod is taking it personally, it was not the intention and I would prefer you to take the insinuation that I did back.

On the fact that the peace thing could be discussed in one thread, yes, it might be able to but personally, I think that if everything was in one thread that it would cause confusion. (You do not see everyone who wants to sell ats posting in one thread if they did it would be a very confusing system).

again I iterate that I did not mean to single out mods if u think I did (I didn't) and even if I did what is the purpose of the feedback forum if I could not discuss the actions they carry out. I did not get personal in anyway, remember the community is not here to serve ye but ye to serve the community. In general, I think the forum team do a good job but I still think that on this occasion the MOD TEAM is using overkill.

sgtdiesalot

You didn't single anybody out, no, but the implication of the phrase "certain mods" is fairly opaque. I wasn't attacking you, or having a go about it, I just wanted to make it clear that the decisions in question were taken by the mod team as a whole, and not individual mods going vigilante. I wanted to make that clarification to everybody and anybody reading, not just you.

The system we have in place is a little less than perfect, admittedly, and I will concede to your point about it being potentially confusing. However, in addition to the four usual general moderators, each thread has been assigned someone specific to watch over it in a hawklike fashion. Hopefully this will be enough to keep them orderly.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Zeratul wrote:it was decided on the top of the forum chain of command to make it this way... you can survive with only one thread for that discussion...

a suprisingly hard to read color on acidtech.......
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

sorry about that, pressed the wrong color button on the side when coloring post...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

I do understand the reason Mods closed the thread, but... wouldnt it be better to let it be... it would be the posibility to the end of the war and the biggest head acke of u guys in a long time... dont u agree ?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:I do understand the reason Mods closed the thread, but... wouldnt it be better to let it be... it would be the posibility to the end of the war and the biggest head acke of u guys in a long time... dont u agree ?

So you necro a 3 month old thread for this?

1 thread, if you can't use it then PM it. Not that hard.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

:lol: was expecting u to close it mostly... ha ha ha... :lol:
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote::lol: was expecting u to close it mostly... ha ha ha... :lol:

I can warn you if thats what your after

You are verbally warned for spaming and necroing threads, do so again and it will be an official warning

You have a valid complaint then make your own thread.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
weilandsmith
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 1994771

The moderators are not here to entertain you. We're here to make sure that forum rules are implemented. And yes, we serve the community by trying to keep this forum from collapsing. We're not here to cater to your whims though.

There are rules about the FUALL TTF war and limitations placed on the number of threads that FUALL and TTF, as a whole, can have for the duration of the war. This rule was agreed upon by all three forum administrators and the moderator community.

Is it too much? Perhaps...

Will we give you what you want? No.
The rules have been made; and but for the sake of consistency if nothing else, the rules stay that way unless the three forum administrators decide to overturn the rule.

edit:lock

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”