Ombudsman Case Archives
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

Re: Ruling please

Jack's Ghost wrote:
Manetheren wrote:Thanks again, seems like insulting people is your defense mechanism.

Wasn't an insult, was an observation. :lol:

Your opinion.

Manetheren wrote:You threatened a member of this forum and my alliance. You can try to spin that however you want but if anyone else had done the same and later claimed they were not really threatening the person, they would have been warned and/or banned.
Jack's Ghost wrote:Yes yes, I threatened to ban them, such is my job. :-D

You threatened to rip his tongue out. No where in your verbal warning did you threaten to ban him.

Manetheren wrote:My original question was whether the post was racist. You have stated that the post wasnt racist yet you issued a threatening verbal warning anyway. Why?
Jack's Ghost wrote:I'll say it again for the third time, you question has been answered you just need to read. :smt064

Obviouslly you havent explained it clearly enough for me. Why is it necessary to verbally warn someone when they did nothing wrong?
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Manetheren wrote:
Jack's Ghost wrote:
Manetheren wrote:Thanks again, seems like insulting people is your defense mechanism.

Your opinion.

Fact, my opinion > your opinion. :-D

Manetheren wrote:
Manetheren wrote:You threatened a member of this forum and my alliance. You can try to spin that however you want but if anyone else had done the same and later claimed they were not really threatening the person, they would have been warned and/or banned.
Jack's Ghost wrote:Yes yes, I threatened to ban them, such is my job. :-D

You threatened to rip his tongue out. No where in your verbal warning did you threaten to ban him.

If he is banned he can not post, if he can not post it is like he can not speak, one reason for not being able to speak would be a missing tongue. Guess you never heard of metaphors. :lol:

Manetheren wrote:
Manetheren wrote:My original question was whether the post was racist. You have stated that the post wasnt racist yet you issued a threatening verbal warning anyway. Why?
Jack's Ghost wrote:I'll say it again for the third time, you question has been answered you just need to read. :smt064

Obviouslly you havent explained it clearly enough for me.
Why is it necessary to verbally warn someone when they did nothing wrong?

Not my problem. 8)
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Mane.. I just wanted to explain to you..

Jack saying "I will rip your tongue out" means absolutely nothing. He jokes around like that, hell, he threatens to cut my legs off from time to time on MSN in his "large Misc section noob conversations" :shock:

Yawns. I'm outta here! To much spam for me!
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Jack's Ghost wrote:
Manetheren wrote:
Jack's Ghost wrote:

Your opinion.

Fact, my opinion > your opinion. :-D

Fact: your opinion of yourself > my opinion of you.

Since the mod who issued the verbal warning to person this topic is about has stated the post was not racist, then the topic may be locked unless another mod or the ombudsman wants to give their input.
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Noobert wrote:Mane.. I just wanted to explain to you..

Jack saying "I will rip your tongue out" means absolutely nothing. He jokes around like that, hell, he threatens to cut my legs off from time to time on MSN in his "large Misc section noob conversations" :shock:

There are places to joke around noobert. There are also people to joke around with. When a mod posts a threat in his official capacity then something is wrong.
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Earendil wrote:You guys are funny, almost sad really to care so much about a VERBAL warning :? I'd really rethink your attitudes abd behavior if that's the case and take a step AWAY from the forums for a while and realise the difference between a verbal and official warning, ask a 'TTF' mod if you think everyone is out to get you...

Why do you assume this about "ttf/fuall"?
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Manetheren wrote:Since the mod who issued the verbal warning to person this topic is about has stated the post was not racist, then the topic may be locked unless another mod or the ombudsman wants to give their input.

My warning still stands, he needs to be careful with what he says.

Manetheren wrote:
Noobert wrote:Mane.. I just wanted to explain to you..

There are places to joke around noobert. There are also people to joke around with. When a mod posts a threat in his official capacity then something is wrong.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Manetheren wrote:Why do you assume this about "ttf/fuall"?

Because with you guys it always is. :lol:

Anyway.

Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Manetheren
Forum Elite

Jack's Ghost wrote:
Manetheren wrote:Why do you assume this about "ttf/fuall"?

Because with you guys it always is. :lol:

Anyway.

Actually, when it comes to forum mods/admins, I dont see sigs or alliances. That may not be the case with everyone but I cant help that. I would have reacted that same no matter who the mod was in this case.

Return to “Case Archives”