The role of ascension..

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

The role of ascension..

I still think ascension should be part of the game, but in a complete different format.

Here is my idea..

basically, same basic system. G&R. However, G&R is generated slightly different.

It is glory and reputation, ascension requires knowledge of goodness, peace and concentration above anything else, including Glory and reputation. As such immediately I suggest a name change, humour me, for now it is 'Wisdom', or Wpts for short.

As such... its simple. For everyday not spent attacking you generate three points of wisdom.
Ok, "What about inactive accounts!!!" I hear you scream. Thats where we bring in our old friend the rank system... we keep the old rules implemented too. You can only gain these points if you are say... in the top 100.

You of course will need 300 points to ascend.
Making it all incredibly tricky... not attacking, maintaining an account in the top 100.

Ok, so you ascend what then? Silly names and different levels.. no. Not at all. Physical account? - nothing happens to it. So your leader ascends..does that mean everything else dies with it? I hardly think so. The sacrifice is made on the way to ascension.
Ascended being, YES. Account bonus', YES. Multiple ascensions.. NO.

From the off set, Ascended bonus = something menial. +10% bonus all round. Nothing much, but still a handy little boost. Why nothing much, well others, ancients say no interfering, but are happy to let people walk a very fine line.

Ascended being has a few levels of upgrade. You can upgrade its attack, its defence, its hit points and its powers of sight. The points would equate to strike and defence being equal, but 1 hit point equalling two strike.

So 1 wpts gets you 5 AC points, you put 5 into your strike, when you attack joe bloggs, joe bloggs has a defence of 4 points and 8 hit points. Your 5 take the 4, and with the one remaining point you remove a hit point.
You could theoretically have 20 defensive points, and only 2 hit points. Meaning someone would need to hit you with 24 strike points to descend you.
Obviously though it still works both ways in a battle, so if you have all your points in strike, and only 2 per piece in defence and HP, then if your opponent hits you with 6 strike points in the battle you're both going down!
(at least in this example..)

When someone ascends they generate 5 wpts per day. For every offensive attack made you lose a point of wpts. The remaining points you can use to upgrade your ascended being. You do not generate any wpts on PPT. (please rename ppt!!!) Of course their will be a maximum level for these stats, to prevent any super beings from arising as when ascension occurs, one does not grow stronger over time, everyone is on the same level. :).

You can also sacrifice uu for wpts (much in the same way Ori followers channel their energy to their ascended masters). It would be something in comparison to your UP though. Say 90% of your daily UP = 1 wpt or something like that.

To 'descend' someone you reduce their ascended being to 0 hit points. What happens here? Well, they're descended and have to begin the long arduous process of ascending all over again. Lose all the bonus'...back to 0 so to speak. HOWEVER because of the previous knowledge being buried in your subconsciousness and potentially accessible, then the amount of wpts is reduce for further ascensions to 240 points for an upgrade.

Ok, so this is going to be a bit unfair right? Well yes, of course it is. Older ascended beings will bully the younger ones, SO IT SHOULD BE! How to prevent this.. you can only attack an ascended being belonging to someone who attacked you on the physical plane. Very simple concept...in your attack logs, if you get attacked you can attack their ascended being, you are merely defending yourself.

OK, final 'feature' would be the act of grace. In a rebellious act, your ascended being basically crosses the line and does something. Allowing you to do one of two things... say for example, ascend another player, or give your account +100% to all stats for one game hour. All before the high ascended council of the ancients step in and beat you. Of course in the process of this you would descend yourself.

So these are SUGGESTIONS... do batter these ideas around and discuss them. As i feel ascensions adds a necessary character to the game originating from the show, we just dont want to put as much importance on it as an entire new server, or tons of silly titles and massive game changing upgrades, but it can be something to have a bit of fun with and add a little edge in there...

discuss..
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
skyfighter
Fledgling Forumer

Re: The role of ascension..

I like the idea, I just think it shouldn't be implemented before a long time... the game need too much work as of yet on basic balance, and admin time should be used only on the basics for now.

If the game is still up (and I'm still around) in a year or so I would probably support your idea. 8)
Midnight
Forum Regular

From what I read (and from the fact that I am possibly the oldest unascended account in main) in think that seems quite balanced and well thought through.
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

only 1 fault i can see asgard would have and adv over all and tauri would be disadv due to the race bonus's and i dont think the grace features would be worth the time taken to get them and the reason theres so many ascensions in main is boredom with the origonal few i would like to see it go from prior to living god but i want the ascensions harder way way way harder like a top 30 position for i dont know a month this would make it way harder and to reduce bonus's to lets say 3% instead of 5 but i do like the idea semper
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me

Return to “Development and Suggestions”