Ombudsman Case Archives
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Colton's Appeal for a warning issued by Jack

Original appeal post: [spoiler]
Colton wrote:[spoiler]Seems Jack went on a rampage of sorts.. Received two "rapid fire" warnings in one night, while I was asleep on May 6-7.

Here's the first:
[spoiler]
Jack wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=23&p=1760330#p1760330 .

Spamming.
[/spoiler]
What happens when I hit the link?
Forum wrote:You are not authorised to read this forum.

Oh, well that's just swell isn't it?
It seems to me that it would be COMPLETELY without reason to give someone a warning without telling them what they have been warned for.. So as for this one, I have absolutely NO idea whatsoever as to the reasoning behind this.. joke, of a modding attempt.

Number 2 however, I wasn't even given an explanation.
Jack wrote:You had two.

I was merely thrown the address to the thread, which didn't even have the post in question, which to my recollection, was actually me asking the "Big Guys" of SGW to take it easy on the newcomer, and show him the ropes instead of picking on him. I would like to first see the evidence behind the alleged claims of "Spam" I've been hearing, so that I may even begin to make a valid defence for myself..[/Spoiler]

Since it seems to be high treason to post an opinion around here lately.. I ask any passer-by who wishes to share his or her thoughts on this matter, to please PM me with what you wish to say, and I will post it up here. I wouldn't want someone else to fall victim to the onslaught of The Ban Hammer..

Please keep all genuine spam to yourself, or the temple, or my PM box, thanks 8)

I now await Jack's "ripping apart" of my thread :-D
Have at 'er Jack :lol:
[/Spoiler]
Edited due to misunderstanding, on my part I believe.
Spoiler function doesn't seem to be working properly..

I would like to appeal for the warning issued by Jack..
Last edited by Colton on Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: Colton's Appeal for not one, but TWO warnings issued by Jack

Colton wrote:Seems Jack went on a rampage of sorts.. Received two "rapid fire" warnings in one night, while I was asleep on May 6-7.

You have one warning, princess.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Colton wrote:Here's the first:
[spoiler]
Jack wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=23&p=1760330#p1760330 .

Spamming.
[/spoiler]
What happens when I hit the link?
Forum wrote:You are not authorised to read this forum.

Oh, well that's just swell isn't it?
It seems to me that it would be COMPLETELY without reason to give someone a warning without telling them what they have been warned for.. So as for this one, I have absolutely NO idea whatsoever as to the reasoning behind this.. joke, of a modding attempt.

The post is in the dump, a hidden section of the forum. The link is automatically added by the warning when issuing a warning. It is left for our records.

Colton wrote:Number 2 however, I wasn't even given an explanation.
Jack wrote:You had two.

I was merely thrown the address to the thread

That's not a warning, you said you didn't have any verbal warnings about spamming, I said you had two and linked you to the relevant verbal warnings.

Colton wrote:which to my recollection, was actually me asking the "Big Guys" of SGW to take it easy on the newcomer, and show him the ropes instead of picking on him. I would like to first see the evidence behind the alleged claims of "Spam" I've been hearing, so that I may even begin to make a valid defence for myself..

It's the market, the only thing that should be posted is questions about the goods offered/sought. Everything else is spam.

Colton wrote:Since it seems to be high treason to post an opinion around here lately.. I ask any passer-by who wishes to share his or her thoughts on this matter, to please PM me with what you wish to say, and I will post it up here.

Though you did not come out and say, you have alluded to it. And I agree, the rule preventing third parties from giving their opinion on matters is retarded, and seems to be counter-intuitive to the whole point of the Ombudsman. But somewhere along the way people have seem to have forgotten the purpose of the Ombudsman and turned it into something it's not. Kangaroo Court comes to mind.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Re: Colton's Appeal for a warning issued by Jack

Thanks for clearing that up for me.. Would you please post what was seen as "spam" now?

I may be heading over to my buddies place for a day now, so I'll get back to this thread when possible. Thanks for keeping it on a professional level, apart from calling me a princess :lol:
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Colton wrote:Poor little guy lol

Someone should give him a helping hand in how to play SGW :-)

Hope I am not castrated for posting this... that was the post you were warned for.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Empedocles wrote:
Colton wrote:Poor little guy lol

Someone should give him a helping hand in how to play SGW :-)

Hope I am not castrated for posting this... that was the post you were warned for.

this post can stay here becausse it's needed insight in the situation.

only colton, jack, the ombudsman and understudy can post here.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

Sorry that it took me so long to post here but my wife kept coming up with stuff for me to do every time I tried getting on here today. I take a look at this now and get back to you asap.
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

The case is pretty cut and dry. Jack is right about what is allowed to be posted in market threads and what isnt. Your post in this case was spam.
If you have any further questions regarding the issue, feel free to pm me.
Issue is closed.

Return to “Case Archives”