Ombudsman Case Archives
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

my resignation

well it's hard to find somewhere to begin here,

when i first joined this forum it was a good place, the GC was very respectfull and the topics of discussion were relevant and the players talking here on a regular basis were friendly, side mostly didn't mather we were just here for the purpous of the game, to have fun.

while time past things changed, the forum became a mess and the server war topic was going completly out of controle, ppl were screaming biased all around and bit by bit the fun died, all that were here were lies and half truths.

then i got to see the ombudman position, something i tought that could help better the forum, a mediator between partys, a bridge builder between the forum administration and the forum users. a person that could see to it that everyone is treated as equals and is treated fairly. i saw it as a ray of light in a forum that was getting darker and darker, i ran for the position and came in second after manetheren who asked me to become his understudy. i accepted it to show that FUALL and TTF can work togheter for the greater good, i did it so i could help better the forum.

manetheren i have all the respect in the world for you, you were truely great to work with. we tought the same about nearly any case and we had the same vision for the forum. when we took the duty on ourself we only had good intentions. but recent forum developments have made the ombudsman position a shared, i can't believe in it myself anymore then why should the forum users ?

the truth is that about 2 months ago the ombudsman got it's position clarefied by admin jason, admin jason said that if the admins agree the ombudsman could handle cases on it's own and make it's own descisions. the moderators tought this gave the ombudsman to much power and that it udnermined the forum authorety so they talked to admin jason who rewrote his post.

currently the ombudsman cannot make his own descisions, he has to present a case to the admins and the admins vote on what should be done. in my understanding the ombudsman was a neutral person who shoudn't be controled by the ppl he somtimes needs to be investigated.

as a regular user i always tought the ombudsmen and the moderators respected eachother, now i think about how naive i was. most of them just concider the ombudsman a thorn in their eye, something that shoudn't be. and when even the new admin begins to question the need for the ombudsman position then what is the point of this all ?

but i have to be fair, not all mods and admins have simular vieuws on this so don't think they are all the same, they are all different ppl with their own visions about the forum. only judge those you know.

i have met many great moderators and saw the admins like most ppl don't and all i have to say about the 3 admins i got to work with:

robe: i was pleasently suprised by you, after getting to know you i found that you were absolutely not the biased powerhungry admin some ppl take you for. you were always there with good advice and you do everything you can for the forum
lore: i realy regret you not being able to get on msn, you were a pleasure to work with becausse your input allways hits the spot, you are a verry wise admin
buck: mate overal you were a great admin, just like lore you always turoughly said what your opinion about things were, it's a shame to see you go.

goodbye forum, i'll only be visiting you as the PI allegiance leader when i have to declare wars or end them. or as id 75836 trading with other id's. i might check in to see for upcomming sgw meetings but i'm sure my friends who do read this forum will alert me to them.

i will remain on duty until manetheren gets back from his holliday (8th of july)

farewell
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: my resignation

We will not accept this!

PEOPLE OF THE FORUM UNITE! :x
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

zeekomkommer wrote:well it's hard to find somewhere to begin here,

when i first joined this forum it was a good place, the GC was very respectfull and the topics of discussion were relevant and the players talking here on a regular basis were friendly, side mostly didn't mather we were just here for the purpous of the game, to have fun.

while time past things changed, the forum became a mess and the server war topic was going completly out of controle, ppl were screaming biased all around and bit by bit the fun died, all that were here were lies and half truths.

then i got to see the ombudman position, something i tought that could help better the forum, a mediator between partys, a bridge builder between the forum administration and the forum users. a person that could see to it that everyone is treated as equals and is treated fairly. i saw it as a ray of light in a forum that was getting darker and darker, i ran for the position and came in second after manetheren who asked me to become his understudy. i accepted it to show that FUALL and TTF can work togheter for the greater good, i did it so i could help better the forum.

manetheren i have all the respect in the world for you, you were truely great to work with. we tought the same about nearly any case and we had the same vision for the forum. when we took the duty on ourself we only had good intentions. but recent forum developments have made the ombudsman position a shared, i can't believe in it myself anymore then why should the forum users ?

the truth is that about 2 months ago the ombudsman got it's position clarefied by admin jason, admin jason said that if the admins agree the ombudsman could handle cases on it's own and make it's own descisions. the moderators tought this gave the ombudsman to much power and that it udnermined the forum authorety so they talked to admin jason who rewrote his post.

As a matter of fact you had made a topic with suggestions you wanted to be implented. The mods did not agree with this and we clarely stated so in the discussion topic that we had in the mod forum. You felt your "guidelines" still had to be implented while mods, supermods and admins said that it would only hurt more then do good. You still didnt listen so it was brought up with Jason in the modmeet (wich you could have attended yourself) Jason then wrote the conduct for admins, gm's, mods and WTH(s).

zeekomkommer wrote:currently the ombudsman cannot make his own descisions, he has to present a case to the admins and the admins vote on what should be done. in my understanding the ombudsman was a neutral person who shoudn't be controled by the ppl he somtimes needs to be investigated.
Ask anyone in the mod team heck ask jack or even me (we were around when Jason created the ombudsmanrole under Smooshable's adminship) The role has never changed and powers were not downgraded. In the end you even have more power then previous ombudsman's had (Jack, Mystake, Mutt)

zeekomkommer wrote:as a regular user i always tought the ombudsmen and the moderators respected eachother, now i think about how naive i was. most of them just concider the ombudsman a thorn in their eye, something that shoudn't be. and when even the new admin begins to question the need for the ombudsman position then what is the point of this all ?

There is no question on the position there is questioning on how the position is handled and what powers it has/should have. Maybe its wise you read posts and not take 5-6 words and use it in a whole other context

zeekomkommer wrote:but i have to be fair, not all mods and admins have simular vieuws on this so don't think they are all the same, they are all different ppl with their own visions about the forum. only judge those you know.

Its actually only judge yourself. Dont judge over others ;)

zeekomkommer wrote:goodbye forum, i'll only be visiting you as the PI allegiance leader when i have to declare wars or end them. or as id 75836 trading with other id's. i might check in to see for upcomming sgw meetings but i'm sure my friends who do read this forum will alert me to them.

i will remain on duty until manetheren gets back from his holliday (8th of july)

farewell

I till find it sad you decide to wal k this route. You may disagree with some mods but in the end we are a team who should work on the forum together. I understand where your comming from but personnaly i find it weak to resign over a thing like this while the purpose of an ombudsman is to find a way thats suitable for both parties. So in my eyes in the end you just werent suit for the position. This is nothing to you personal as i like you a lot just for the role of Ombudsman.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori
ID: 0

I till find it sad you decide to wal k this route. You may disagree with some mods but in the end we are a team who should work on the forum together. I understand where your comming from but personnaly i find it weak to resign over a thing like this while the purpose of an ombudsman is to find a way thats suitable for both parties. So in my eyes in the end you just werent suit for the position. This is nothing to you personal as i like you a lot just for the role of Ombudsman.

In all fairness he wanted it to work like how you describe and he did an excellent job as omb but from what i read one of the problems were mods going around him instead of working with him. why work with people who dont act like they respect you. I know its not all of you but think of it this way. You live in a town and each day your house is lit on fire and nothing stops it. So since it was only a few villagers and not the whole group he should continue to live in the village?

I always liked coming to read the the omb section to see how they handled situations cause they always seemed like the only unbias and well thought out section of the forums. Will miss your services.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

muffafuffin wrote:

In all fairness he wanted it to work like how you describe and he did an excellent job as omb but from what i read one of the problems were mods going around him instead of working with him. why work with people who dont act like they respect you. I know its not all of you but think of it this way. You live in a town and each day your house is lit on fire and nothing stops it. So since it was only a few villagers and not the whole group he should continue to live in the village?

I always liked coming to read the the omb section to see how they handled situations cause they always seemed like the only unbias and well thought out section of the forums. Will miss your services.

No he should smack the villagers up till they ether die in fear or leave his house alone. As ombudsman you know you will need a thick skin and you could/should have known that before even going for the position. Thats all im trying to say :)
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Return to “Case Archives”