Reworking the old proposal: getting empire systems ingame

BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Reworking the old proposal: getting empire systems ingame

The oldtimers among us will recognise this one for sure: the proposal to add the ability to link several alliances as one single empire, to make declaring war etc easier. I'll include here a few of the old ideas, but also a few of my own:

Old ideas:
- Give alliance leaders the option to create an 'empire', where multiple alliances can be added into
- Allow the empire as a whole to declare war, instead of needing to have each alliance on its own to declare war (spamming up the war declarations)
- Allow an unified HC ingame, so there's an empire leader and an empire 2IC

New ideas:
- Allow the unified command to see the alliance logs of all empire members. In the way that they can see each log per alliance, so like a regular member could. But the unified command can see all the logs.
- Allow the alliance banks of all the alliances be putted together if all the alliance leaders and theirs 2ICs vote positive for it. That way the advantage of the bank would be empire-wide
- Allow to switch members easier between alliances (so for example, in case a member of DoO would apply for DDE membership and it would get accepted, that the DoO leader would put up an ingame check for movement in the empire for said member and that the DDE-leader or 2IC would need to accept it).
- Empires should consist of minimal 3 alliances

How do you like the added ideas? Perhaps I'll add more later on.
-Ben

Edit #1 has taken place... + fixed spelling
Last edited by BenjaminMS on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Reworking the old proposal: getting empire systems ingame

Looks like an excellent plan!! :D
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

All this is being looked at in the alliance update for main, along with using the alliance bank.

BenjaminMS wrote:The oldtimers among us will recognise this one for sure: the proposal to add the ability to link several alliances as one single empire, to make declaring war etc easier. I'll include here a few of the old ideas, but also a few of my own:

Old ideas:
- Give alliance leaders the option to create an 'empire', where multiple alliances can be added into
- Allow the empire as a whole to declare war, instead of needing to have each alliance on its own to declare war (spamming up the war declarations)
- Allow an unified HC ingame, so there's an empire leader and an empire 2IC

New ideas:
- Allow the unified command to see the alliance logs of all empire members. In the way that they can see each log per alliance, so like a regular member could. But the unified command can see all the logs.
- Allow the alliance banks of all the alliances be putted together if all the alliance leaders and theirs 2ICs vote positive for it. That way the advantage of the bank would be empire-wideI think this one is a bad idea. 2 massive aliances can funnel resources into a new alliance , but lets see how it all works first and see what admin says
- Allow to switch members easier between alliances (so for example, in case a member of DoO would apply for DDE membership and it would get accepted, that the DoO leader would put up an ingame check for movement in the empire for said member and that the DDE-leader or 2IC would need to accept it).Fully agree and reason being that "length of servise" or "alliance loyalty", or even "join date" should not be lost for swapping between dranches of the same alliance.
- Empires should consist of minimal 3 alliances

How do you like the added ideas? Perhaps I'll add more later on.
-Ben

Edit #1 has taken place... + fixed spelling
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Lore, any news from admin about the coming updates...? And if some of my ideas fit(ted) in?
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

BenjaminMS wrote:Lore, any news from admin about the coming updates...? And if some of my ideas fit(ted) in?

He said the MGM updates put him behind but alliance bank update is suposse to be next
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

You know, funnily enough, my first thought here was,. . OMG he's starting his campaign on forum :P

It does show you though, what a little persistanec will give you in the long run.

As to the specifics :

Considering the lag on alliance logs, the idea of empire wide logs fills me with terror :shock:

Like Lore, I think allowing access by other alliances to your alliance bank, empire or not, is too exploitable.

I do like the idea of sending empire wide pm's, continued join length and allowing ingame structure though. Makes it a lot easier to see which alliances, are part of which grouping.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Kroony
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Trout-Slap
Race: Trout Master
ID: 34764

why don't these alliance conglomerates just form one alliance?

if empires are introduced in 6 months will people be demanding another stage above empire where several empires can join as one?
EdwardThatch
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Heretical
ID: 0

Kroony wrote:why don't these alliance conglomerates just form one alliance?

if empires are introduced in 6 months will people be demanding another stage above empire where several empires can join as one?

There's a limit to how many members can be in an alliance, and it makes it easier for their enemies to farm them if they're in one alliance.
There's always free cheese in a rat trap.

Please post in my trade feedback thread if I traded with you:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=146162
Kroony
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Trout-Slap
Race: Trout Master
ID: 34764

A pop cap ehh. I was not aware. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?
Nephite
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Hukbo ni Helaman
Race: Kanoy
ID: 41183

Kroony wrote:A pop cap ehh. I was not aware. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?

My guess would be because of the Crystal Force Alliances way back in the day. They had on average per alliance 120 ish people? And had atleast 3 but I think it was more like 4-5 seperate alliances. Dunno if that's before your time or not. Haha.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Well also alliances tend to set their numbers. A 5 to 7 man HC can run an alliance of 40 people and be in contact and know the goings on of EVERY member, but an alliance of 120? would be hard to do.

Not to mention, you have "clicks" in every alliance. Often different alliances in an empire can represent either the like minds/play styles, or maybe even the like play times/commitment levels. Different branches carry out different functions yet still work as a whole.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Regarding the log lag Caprila, how about just making each alliance log accessible to the Empire Leader and 2IC, and maybe the alliances leaders, but not the members. Basically, don't make a new log, just allow the current ones to be accessible (unless I'm misreading, and you mean the time to load the log from the database, in which case, ignore this post)

Return to “Suggestions Archive”