Topic closed, than reopend and moved!

Ombudsman Case Archives
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Topic closed, than reopend and moved!

I started a topic about STI and Bebita. Topic was palced in Genral.

Few users decided to spam and discuss out of thema.

Offensive Bias didnt warn spammers, not personaly not in topic, she simple closed my thread.

After i asked her if she can reopen, and clean from spam, she said she wont.

She offered me to reopen it but itll be moved to Public Dump.

I didnt agree.

Well, still i didnt agree, topic was reopened and moved.

If a mod is lazy to clean a spam, he should not be a mod. Every second topic opened in general fits the result she has done. So if my topic is moved, than half of general should be moved to public dumb as well.

heres the new place of my topic: https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=161490&start=45

Like i asked Offensive Bias to show me rules which do not alowe me to open thread like that in General, im asking ombudsman to show me rules where Mod can freely decide to close and move topic without reason. Spam is not a reason, spam can be cleaned and moved, not the topic.
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Topic closed, than reopend and moved!

c. Locking threads.
There are some occasions where a thread or topic breaches the spamming guidelines however not in a serious enough way to give a warning to the users. In the following cases a moderator may lock and/or move a thread.

iii) In cases where the general discussion of the conversation has changed from it's original intent. (The topic will be locked/split with an explanatory note by the mod).

Why did you lock the topic instead of split it uni? Why was the entire thread moved to the dump?
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

i honestly don't see a reason to dump the entire topic, is it posible that a mod would be so kind to purg it from spam and move the relevant stuff back to main
caesar2
Forum Addict

Please, whats the result? Im confused now, rules says that spamer should be warned, but my topic was closed few hours after it was opened.

Every second topic in general is worth moving than.

Well, if nothing esle, i will just know that almost every one mod is selfish person contervailing his RL wortlessnes, insignificancy.

My topic is still moved into the dump. If it belongs there how you says Lois... than please, clean whole general, dont be hypocrite, dont be lazy and do your work how you explained me today. If you need help i can make a list of similar topics to mine, acording to attributes you wrote on mine.

Cheers
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Actions were taken with administrative mandate. Why is this even a question for the ombudspeople?

caesar2 wrote:Please, whats the result? Im confused now, rules says that spamer should be warned, but my topic was closed few hours after it was opened.

Every second topic in general is worth moving than.

Well, if nothing esle, i will just know that almost every one mod is selfish person contervailing his RL wortlessnes, insignificancy.

My topic is still moved into the dump. If it belongs there how you says Lois... than please, clean whole general, dont be hypocrite, dont be lazy and do your work how you explained me today. If you need help i can make a list of similar topics to mine, acording to attributes you wrote on mine.

Cheers
Or, you could apply to be a moderator? :) You have shown me earlier that you have some skill in discerning spam, and being consistent.. so why not? ;)
But do send me that list. I can promise you disappointment, but maybe you point me to a few threads that are spam. Thank you for your cooperation, C.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

I believe any comment regarding the way this thread should have been or should not have been handled from anyone other than the responsible party and/or their senior/superior, the author or the ombudsman is premature.
I would like to thank my colleagues for demonstrating that point for me. *curtsies*

[spoiler]Also, I would like to point out that my suggestion to Caesar to apply for modship was a sincere wish, as he has demonstrated to me he knows how to distinguish between propaganda, off-topic banter, attempts at derailing and spam, and that he knows how to address a complaint. It is my belief that any mod would do well to understand these things, and that the level of adaptivity Caesar displayed was exceptional and praiseworthy.
There really is no need for your patronising attitude, Tetris. As if you'd want to suggest Caesar would never be a good mod.. :roll: Didn't people say the same thing about you? And look how exceptionally excellent you turned out. :D Nothing but praise.[/spoiler]
caesar2
Forum Addict

Offensive Bias wrote: Or, you could apply to be a moderator? :)

Once in past i applied. I dont know why but didnt have mayor support of another Forum staff :) realy dont know why.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Earendil wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:@Universe
Your sarcasm is uneeded. Answer his questions with some respect for the user, yes? You and I both know just because you become a mod doesn't mean things will change nor fix things.

This isn't the place nor are you the person to be saying things like this.

he might not be the one that should say it but what he said is true sarcasm has no place in the ombudsman section, as i told her in cassherns topic already
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Offensive Bias wrote:Actions were taken with administrative mandate. Why is this even a question for the ombudspeople?

well lemme see:

mod closes topic
user doesn't agree, asks for spam to be removed and topic to be reopened
mod dumps topic
user does not agree with taken action
user turns to ombudsman

makes perfect sence to me, i would do the same. perhaps go to feedback from mods first, altough that's ment for you to get explained why it was closed and dumped. in the ombudsman section you can actualy get someone to revieuw it and help to work out a solution.

anyways what i find is that the topic was indeed clean on most posts but that some ppl were trying to derail it. it would have been 5min extra work to split off and dump the spam.

so what i'm kindly ask a moderator is:

can you please clean the topic of spam and move it back to general so it can get a 2nd life

that way i'll never have to present the case to the admins
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

So tell me, what is that thread about?

Is it a question:
- Who is better, Bebita or STI?
- Do you agree with Bebita that STI's ME sucked?
- Who would win mano a mano, Bebita or STI?
- How do you tell who is better? And is that Bebita or STI?

Answer that, and I'm sure someone can clean it up. My weekend's begun, and I'm off.
Ciao!
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

all except the: do you agree with bebita that STI's ME was no good

well that wuld be my interpritation, i think C2 can tell us
caesar2
Forum Addict

Offensive Bias wrote:So tell me, what is that thread about?

Is it a question:
- Who is better, Bebita or STI?
- Do you agree with Bebita that STI's ME sucked?
- Who would win mano a mano, Bebita or STI?
- How do you tell who is better? And is that Bebita or STI?

Answer that, and I'm sure someone can clean it up. My weekend's begun, and I'm off.
Ciao!

No,... No, no, no.

-Im not discussing about who is better, if Bebita or STI.
-I didnt ask people if they agree with bebita what he said about STI's ME.
-I have no idea what mano a mano means, but i think i ddint create the topic for that.
-And last is almost the same as first.

Whole meaning of my topic is, if players agree with what is bebita doing with ME of bought accounts. Maybe i didnt it write exactly in first post of my topic, i always think that many people thinks smart and would understand without long phrases.

Longer time, and by more accounts Bebita bought am reading his posts about achieved ME ranks. While beeing a TO member, bebita traded account with BL1P and after he left he was cheeky enough to write about him and his ME and his skill lot of bad things. Its maybe one and half year ago. I was talking with BL1P yday and he was laughing on that, also on what bebita wrote about STI's account.

Lets continue... Bebita is posting ME achievement in general, showing up with ME achievements of traded accounts. veryone should agree, 2 and half year ago BL1P was well know and old players will confirm that BL1P had very good account (well yeah he was masing drunk few times and lost few supers - who didnt).

Few days ago Bebita posted something which was very interesting. An ME of his actual account. He owned more accounts, and he says he made 3 of them to top 15 in ME ranks. If we count it together, he is saying he farmed over 10 quad Naquadah, raided 1b UUs and killed more supers and spyes as another top 3 ME rank players together!!!

Why i opened the topic and why in general? Because i think, players who are trading accounts and than posting ME as own, even if they can farm 99% of amount, its not possible for one human living one life, working and having family (and bebita has family) to achive such astronomic numbers by that effectivity.

Lets count people... Bebita's ME says that he is killing and massing in rate 1:10!!! It is not possible until you are cleaner (just cleaning accounts after someone mass them).

Bebita was writing and posted things which i want to share with comunity and discus it, because since we can have opened threads about "ME ranks", "Raiders ranks", "massers ranks", "farmers rank"... we can open a thread where we are asking why one man, can achieve, more than many of those playing this game. I know players who are farming and selling naq, well... lets be proud, am good farmer, so show up in general in farmers ranks. Those who are raiding... lets show up in raiders rank, those who are massing (if random or not) lets show up in ME ranks.

But, honestly... kik to ass everyone like bebita who is trading accounts and tryng to tell us that STI's account had crap ME and he killed almost 1b def supers of cost not more than 100m super attackers. More from numbers is already postyed in my topic.

Topic name was choosed cue atractivity, and it is pefectly sayng what about it is. Its about Bebita and STI, tho owners of one account. My question, in context, "whos better player?" means, after user read my post, if its better player that one who buy account (Bebita) or that one who built account (STI). Bebita bought legendary account wih nice base.

I dont think my topic should stay moved in dump, those who were spamming it can be simply warned - officialy or not - and topic can be reopened. Also if moderator thinks that i place a bad question to pol, he can come with better one after i explained why i created the topic.

Also i feel the need to hear moderators official exuse for closing and moving my topic. (what i just wrote will maybe move my case novhere, but Offensive Bias without facts and without warnings closed topic, after oficial, polite andmature PMs he, with smile sin PMs answered and demonstrated te abolute might, and after all was laughing to my face - moved the topic to dump - EVEN IF I EXACTLY WROTE TO PM I DO NOT AGREE. As author i can ask to close topic, to reopen, of course in some boards, and as author i can decide if topic should stay closed in section or be moved and reopened. I decided and that i wrote to my PM, i did not agree with moving and i will move forward. Few minutes after topic was reopened and moved.)

EDIT: The official answer to my PM.
Offensive Bias wrote:The thread is, because of subject, context and choice of phrase, inescapably primed to be a spam/flame thread. There is no reason a thread like that should stay.

I can give you 2 options..
Accept the thread is closed, and be done with it.
Let me move the thread to the Public Dump, and unlock it.

This would be my official answer to your official PM.

Ciao!
Jo

Am missing option 3: Cleanthe spam and reopen it.
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori
ID: 0

the way you describe it it just sounds like a thread simply to flame bebita :-k
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
caesar2
Forum Addict

A short list of few falme/spam topics as per the mod's key:
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=161197

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=160544

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=161537

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=160711

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=160561

Few are spam, few flaming, few are good at beginning but spamm at all.
Lets be honest.

PS: i chosed random, not by name, not by causes. I simply reread few topics and saw few similar to mine. And those remained opened in general.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

muffafuffin wrote:the way you describe it it just sounds like a thread simply to flame bebita :-k

i do have to agree on that. if the topics original content was about things universe summed up then yeah it could easely be cleaned of spam.

but the rant you just wrote C2 makes it sound more like you want to slander bebita. perhaps you have reason to but thats irrelivant to the ombudsman discussion.

we basicly want you to tell us a short line about what the topic is about so we can filter what is not on topic

Return to “Case Archives”