Banned Usergroup

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Banned Usergroup

knight37 wrote:You should of stuck aground and done these things you are now suggesting instead of blowing your chance as admin. :roll:
Me putting forward suggestions for this forum has nothing to do with my previous position on the forums. So your comment is irrelevant. But well done on joining those that use every opportunity to throw my mistakes back in my face. I had considered you different to certain people but I see you are just the same. :roll:

knight37 wrote:But what I don't understand is why you want to make the job harder on our current admins. :-k
I don't want to make the job harder on the admins, so lets get that out your head for a start. Also i don't see (besides the auto-unban issue) how this would make the job harder for the current admins?

knight37 wrote:Btw, this thread: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=157763 (which you should know as you started the thread) gives the reason for the banning. :lol:

Clarkey wrote:All banned forum users will be posted here.

1. Username
2. Length of Ban
3. Reason for Ban

Try not to appear on this list. :D

Yes and you know exactly what I was referring to when i earlier suggested putting the reason for the ban in that thread.... and you know i wasn't referring to the "3rd warning" reason.

My past history should not stop me completely from making suggestions on this forum for this forum. I believe this section of the forums is for forum requests and as this suggestion affects admins and mods i'd like their feedback. Why you feel to throw my previous screw up in my face is beyond me, it's not like i'm causing trouble or that i'm out to cause trouble.

Yes previously I was causing issues on the forum, but now i've looked back at that and realised what a prick i was and changed. I'm not causing trouble for the team anymore (not that i'm aware of).

Now Zeratul said the "idea" of a banned usergroup was ok, but that it just would not work. That's fair enough. But that doesn't prevent me from questioning his argument against it. If he wishes to answer those questions or not is up to him.

But you clearly feel the need to throw my previous admin situation in my face when it is not needed. So can you please judge my suggestion on the merits of the suggestion itself and not my past history.
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

While I see the upside of a "banned" usergroup (access to the pm system and posting rights to the oms section) the downsides are more imo:

1. No automatic "unbanning".
2. Only Admins can add users to groups without them being a member of the group themselves and the availability of an admin 24/7 is not given especially in the holiday season.

This will lead to users being banned more then the 2 weeks which imo will cause more discontent than the fact that banned users have to contact the admins/mods/oms through other channels (msn, ingame, irc, ... ).

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:While I see the upside of a "banned" usergroup (access to the pm system and posting rights to the oms section) the downsides are more imo:

1. No automatic "unbanning".
2. Only Admins can add users to groups without them being a member of the group themselves and the availability of an admin 24/7 is not given especially in the holiday season.

This will lead to users being banned more then the 2 weeks which imo will cause more discontent than the fact that banned users have to contact the admins/mods/oms through other channels (msn, ingame, irc, ... ).
Thank you deni i appreciate the constructive feedback. Those are the downsides that had come to mind, but it's always worth bringing the suggestion up just incase someone else thought of a way around it. Doesn't seem there will be in this case.

But again, i do appreciate the feedback.

This can be locked now.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Of course. Closed.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”