Cesc Fabregas and the World Cup

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

Cesc Fabregas and the World Cup

World Cup 2010: Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas desperate to take part in the final
10 July 2010

Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas has declared that he is desperate to start for Spain in the World Cup final against the Dutch.

The Arsenal skipper is yet to start a game for his country in the tournament and is most likely to be left out of the starting eleven once again. However the former Barca player has admitted that it hurts to be left out of the squad.

Fabregas said “I have to admit that it hurts to be left out of the starting eleven throughout this tournament. However I have nothing to complain about because the quality of players that we have in our squad is unbelievable. I am honoured to be a part of this team.”

“I will give everything I have if the coach decides to start me. If I am left on the bench then I can only pray that I might get some playing time later in the game. I want to be a part of this great occasion.”

“I am desperate to play some part in the World Cup final. Every player dreams about playing in the World Cup final and I am no different. We are on the verge of creating history and I want to be a part of it. If I don’t take part in the final and Spain win the World Cup, then of course I will celebrate with the rest of the team.”

“I am extremely proud to be a part of this team as it has reached the final. However if we are not able to win the final, then it will be an extremely difficult moment for us.”

http://soccerfeed.net/world-cup/world-c ... inal/2184/

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I've heard several more or less realistic reasons about why he's almost constantly on the bench, but I still don't get it.
In the beginning it as due to a slight injury, but it's not really the case as he played several times and helped the dynamics for his team whenever he was brought in.
I heard afterwards it was related to his potential transfer to Barça, to avoid having his value rise too much, but Wenger repeated it, Fabregas isn't for sale. So this hypothetic reason is voided.

I know Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro, Torres are all top level as well (hmmm as for Torres he was injured heavily few monthes before world cup and his game obviously shows that, lower performances compared to his usual level) but come on, Fabregas would have deserved to play at least once among the 11 starting squad.. :?
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Cesc Fabregas and the World Cup

Trouble for Fabregas is that Spain also have Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso....he is surplus to requirements and would unbalance the midfield to a certain extent....

The only way I can see him playing is in a 4 4 1 1 system, where he plays just off Villa....
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

Too much great players in Spain indeed.
Fabregas doing great work since he came in field on this final, in other words doing what's expected from him.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

Fabregas should have played from the beginning. All that Alonso's done for Spain is whack a few long shots wide of the post.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

He did the goal assist to Iniesta, so he didn't play much...but played decisive!
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person
ID: 0

You can't accomodate a midfield with 6 forward minded players. Busquets/Alonso sit deep and are happy to pull strings/get stuck in from there.

With xavi/iniesta/fabregas you **Filtered** the balance up and would probably open spain up through the middle as xavi/iniesta/fab all get into offensive positions.

His energy off the bench turned the match for spain, theres nothing hes capable of that xavi/iniesta arent but his introduction was the catalyst for the win.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
sarparto
Forum Regular
ID: 0

I was watching a premier league highlight show with my roommate when Cesc, who was resting an injury, was subbed on in the second half of a close game. I told my roommate to lookout for him and sure enough he came in and scored 2 goals in the second half. Cesc is incredible and I was happy to see him get an assist on the tournament winning goal.
Samwise Gangreen
Forum Newbie
Alliance: NAOS United

alonso does not just whack the ball lol, does a lot of hard work for the team, some of his passes are top knotch.

Return to “Sports Section”