Earendil, not very helpful mod ?

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Renji
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: None
Race: Ninja Clan
ID: 1959276

Earendil, not very helpful mod ?

I posted last night that i was having problems attacking people and was getting this message,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /game/stargame/stargatewars.com/attack2.php on line 1313.

I had a look on the forum and couldnt find anything with the same message so i made a new post and as soon as it went up Earendil locked it with a message to 'read before i post', I read the post again and still no mention about the error message i got, so i posted again and this time got one reply from Nostra about system de bugging but again Earendil locked my post with another one of his short replies, 'It is resulting in the same end result. So again. Locked.' I thought the point of the forum was to get help not to have your posts locked all the time, A simple answer like the one Nostra gave would have been good enough for me not the what i would say rude, short and unhelpful answers I got from Earendil if the people selected to be mods cant at least be polite then theres not much point in them being here !
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Earendil, not very helpful mod ?

The use of the "search button" is underrated. "Having a look" doesn't work when you've got 28 sections of over 25 pages each on average.
That button really is a valuable tool to use; it searches the complete forum.

In any case; making duplicate threads is not done. We lock those posts, saying 'this is duplicate' or 'read before you post', which means that we, using the search button, or just because we know where these threads are, can tell that they are duplicate. :) So can you. Be as all-seeing as we are with the search button. Most underrated piece of forum 'tech' around. ;)

Good luck, Balder.
Renji
Fledgling Forumer

Juliette,

I used the search button and there wasnt anything posted about the error messgae i was getting thats the reason i made a new post, i was told before if its not related to the subject then a new post should be made, two completely different error messages are two different subjects I would say, anyways if thats the standard messages mods post them they could maybe be doing with a better way of wording them so you dont sound unhelpful. then again not all mods use those messages
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Perhaps ask Earendil himself? Maybe you didn't use the function correctly. :?
Bias Admin colour
Renji
Fledgling Forumer

it was a totally different subject, it was an error message but thats about all they had in common, everytime i posted he locked it, The posting i made was the question.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

maybe the mod could have been more helpful by mergering the two and explaining why :roll:
just my 2 cents but probably would have been alot easier and would have resulted in one less thread, well maybe :smt102
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

This thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=169557 clearly has the title indicating all bugs since the update. All the bugs we are receiving lately such as attacking is related to the updates. That is the thread Jason is mainly concentrating and he is going through every single post.

Therefore you should just have posted it in that thread.
Image ImageImageImage
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Clarkey wrote:This thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=169557 clearly has the title indicating all bugs since the update. All the bugs we are receiving lately such as attacking is related to the updates. That is the thread Jason is mainly concentrating and he is going through every single post.

This is how the situation should have been handled. I dont know exactly what eary did but if he didnt provide a proper detailed explanation then he should have. Just common courtesy.
A policeman shouldnt just come up to you in the streets and shout "NO!" then walk away. I would hope eary was more helpful than is made out in the first post.
odji nsu
Forum Expert
ID: 0

lmao,, good read,, wish you luck with him,

next time find Juliette or some one on line I would be willing to bet you get better help.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Jim wrote:
Clarkey wrote:This thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=169557 clearly has the title indicating all bugs since the update. All the bugs we are receiving lately such as attacking is related to the updates. That is the thread Jason is mainly concentrating and he is going through every single post.

This is how the situation should have been handled. I dont know exactly what eary did but if he didnt provide a proper detailed explanation then he should have. Just common courtesy.
A policeman shouldnt just come up to you in the streets and shout "NO!" then walk away. I would hope eary was more helpful than is made out in the first post.

LMAO Jim you know that will never happen, no offense to Ear!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

When the cat's away from home.. the mice make a mess of the kitchen. Painfully obvious.

Closed. No further merit, no need to start repeating each other like we've been doing from reply 3 on.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”