silly mods

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: silly mods

Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Clarkey wrote:Ifrit look at it from other angles. If someone wanted to say tool (meaning fool) then they should just write fool, it's the same spelling just replacing the t with an f.

how do you know it wasn't a miss type, f and t are close on the keyboard...

Clarkey wrote:Also look at the actual quote that Bebita posted..... you yourself admitted the get on your knees bit is definitely inappropriate. Taking that vulgarity and profanity in to account you really think the word tool meant anything less than **Filtered**?
no I'm not gonna assume because he has done it before hes a repeater. that kinda logic is barbaric. Nor can you or I or anyone else prove or disprove they were using it that way.

Clarkey wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:if that's the case the should have used the word **Filtered**, **Filtered**, penis or however you wanna word it instead of tool.... touche?
Then the word would have been filtered and there would be no problem. ](*,)
I remember reading sometime ago about copying pasting a ingame message causing, for some known or unknown reason, the filter to not work.... regardless I think you missed my point entirely ;)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Dr. House wrote:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=screw+you&sourceid=Mozilla-search

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/screw+you

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=screw+you&gwp=13

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/screw_you

Notice how they all say the samething? That it's a slightly less 'rude' version of **Filtered** you?
We all have different opinions, i'm entitled to my opinion. Screw you is a rude expression but it's not a sexual expression in my opinion. Of course it depends on the context. I'd like to screw you is a sexual expression, i'm gonna screw you over is not a sexual expression, and screw you is not a sexual expression.

Iƒrit wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Ifrit look at it from other angles. If someone wanted to say tool (meaning fool) then they should just write fool, it's the same spelling just replacing the t with an f.

how do you know it wasn't a miss type, f and t are close on the keyboard...
In this particular case Ifrit whether it was a mis-type or not has no relevance here. The reason it has no relevance is because the person that typed it did not type it on these public forums. Bebita has a responsibility to ensure what he posts is ok by the rules and that requires reading what he posts. Even if it was a mis-type by the original person that doesn't change the fact that it was posted by someone else and is an offensive word that has the same meaning in that context as a filtered word and is against the profanity rule.

Iƒrit wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Also look at the actual quote that Bebita posted..... you yourself admitted the get on your knees bit is definitely inappropriate. Taking that vulgarity and profanity in to account you really think the word tool meant anything less than **Filtered**?
no I'm not gonna assume because he has done it before hes a repeater. that kinda logic is barbaric. Nor can you or I or anyone else prove or disprove they were using it that way.
I agree that assuming is wrong, but the fact it was typed with a t is evident here. Mis-spelling can't be used as an excuse because then you'd find everyone using such excuses to get out of rule breaking. And you say he's done it before and that he's a repeater..... well I don't know who you are talking about because I don't know who said that to Bebita.

Iƒrit wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:if that's the case the should have used the word **Filtered**, **Filtered**, penis or however you wanna word it instead of tool.... touche?
Then the word would have been filtered and there would be no problem. ](*,)
I remember reading sometime ago about copying pasting a ingame message causing, for some known or unknown reason, the filter to not work.... regardless I think you missed my point entirely ;)
Whether I missed your point entirely or not it doesn't change the fact that tool is a very offensive word when used in that context.
Image ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

when it is, yes its offensive, I never said it wasn't. I did say that NO one at all can prove or disprove that it was used that way. The only person that can say it was used in that matter is the person who typed the message. So if we are off to assume the worst in words fine filter them all or don't, it doesn't matter to me. But if you are gonna not filter some words that are deemed to be not be filter worthy due to multiple meanings and then go off and say that word COULD mean this and warn that person, then filter that word and all others that fit that category or to hell with your hypocrisy. Unless you can prove without a reasonable doubt that person means what you say they mean, your circumstantial view is Bollocks.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Tool is hardly offensive.

And I'll say it again, screw you is a euphemism for **Filtered** you, which makes it as much a sexual expression as **Filtered** you. That is not to say that the intent behind the words is always sexual.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Dr. House wrote:And I'll say it again,
I don't care if you repeat yourself, I have my opinion and i have a right to my opinion. Just because this stupid society created the phrase "screw you" as a possible sexual reference doesn't mean I have to accept it as one.
Image ImageImageImage
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Dr. House wrote:Screw you is as much a sexual expression as **Filtered** you. Mostly because they're the exact same thing.

this, i agree with.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”