Tail, And or Wings

RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: Tail, And or Wings

So getting a Tail, is Possible, And I could Control It!

While Wings, are possible I could not Control them Very Well? Is that what you are saying good sir, and if So can you provide truth or is that just theory?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Teal'C wrote:that just theory
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Teal'C wrote:So getting a Tail, is Possible, And I could Control It!

While Wings, are possible I could not Control them Very Well? Is that what you are saying good sir, and if So can you provide truth or is that just theory?

I cant provide direct links to 'proof' as I cant recall where I read everything. However it is well known in genetic research that we once had a tail of some sort & that the code for that tail still remains in our make up today but is dormant. So to have a tail and control over it all you'd have to do is reactivate that dormant code.

I'm sure if you google around for a bit you'd find pages and pages on the whole thing.

As for wings well thats a theory based on our genetic & biological understandings. You'd need significant work to make wings a possibility & it wouldnt be possible for them to be an 'addon' you'd need to engineer a person with the genetic code and body to graft biomechanical devices too which would provide the lift needed.

As for those who consider such stuff anathema, personally I'd ignore them. They just arent prepared to risk/dream/imagine (take your pick) and thats one of the things that makes us human
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

You would have problems for dressing clothes, driving car, sitting in metro,...

Not worth the cost in my opinion.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

I could Fly :smt047 Who the hell cares, and if I had the cash for such, Don't you think I could modify my car's and Clothing?

P.S. If someone knows of someone like a Price Range let me know, or Of a doctor that actively does it, let me know!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Wings would make you a real hit with the birds, thats for sure.

http://instantrimshot.com/
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

improbable =/= impossible

the genetic manipulation required would be complex, but by no means unachievable

tail would be significantly easier, as humans previously had tails, the gene sequences would exist in a dormant form (as previously mentioned)

wings would be more difficult, our skeletal structure is not suited for flight, our bones are too dense and heavy, and our bodies are not very aerodynamic
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

you could always join in on a production of the WIzard of OZ :razz:
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Q Man
blarney stone

Thriller wrote:you could always join in on a production of the WIzard of OZ :razz:

=D>

very good, got a laugh out of that.

also, i don't see the point to this, surely we want to try and distance ourselves from monkeys :-k but everyone to their own.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Tail

Humans already have a vestigial tail reminent, I believe it's called the Coccyx, and there have been reports people born with tails but they are far shorter than a monkeys, more like a short stumpy dogs tails and are usually surgically removed soon after birth.

I dont think genetic manipulation is advanced enough to make you grow a tail or have conscious control of one, but with the drugs used to stop organ donation rejection it might be possible to transplant one from an animal. After all doctors are already working on using pigs hearts in humans.

Wings

Wings are another matter entirely, humans have never had wings at any point in our evolution, and animals that have wings either have them instead of arms ( like birds ) or attached to their arms ( like bats and some lizards ). It might be possible to use skin grafting techniques to create wings similar to a bats wing, but they would never produce enough life to get a human body in flight, at best they might provide a limited very hard to control glide if you jumped from a height.

Bottom line, if you really want a tail and wings you'd be better of seeking psychiatric help than surgical :smt047

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”