Top 5 Greatest movie car chases ( or street races )

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Top 5 Greatest movie car chases ( or street races )

Pile of crap this list. If I wanted to see half the things that happen in these supposed 'great' car chases i'd just go and watch the motorway or sit in town on a friday night.

The ONLY good...nay.. GREAT car chase I have seen worthy of the title is the one at the end of the Borne Ultimatum. Reversing a police car into his pursuers? Stealing said car to begin with? It's short, sweet, mean and fast paced with originality beyond just watching the cars do some jumps, turn corners fast or see them go straight from a really fast speed (aka a snooze fest(... exactly how a car chase should be.

End of Gone in 60 seconds is.... ALRIGHT... but I wouldn't call it great. As for the italian job...well that's more an iconic film as opposed to the actual great car chase itself.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

Re: Top 5 Greatest movie car chases ( or street races )

The old Italian Job with Michael Caine. It's Iconic for sure but also the best I think.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later

Return to “Grand Cinema”