Why is...

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Why is...

this a Global announcement?

I don't have anything against that person to whom the thread is addressed, not even against the one who started it. Why does this BD thread have to be a global announcement where I cannot post for example?

Much love! :smt060
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Why is...

The birthday thread was created in the Misc section. It was made a global in the misc section, i believe you can post in it, just through any other section besides the announcement section. :-)
Image ImageImageImage
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Solus is a long time loved member and Jack feels it right to give him a Global announcement

If you dont agree come back in 24 hours when it will be a not a global
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Clarkey wrote:The birthday thread was created in the Misc section. It was made a global in the misc section, i believe you can post in it, just through any other section besides the announcement section. :-)

Correct. :-D
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

[BoT] Jason wrote:Solus is a long time loved member and Jack feels it right to give him a Global announcement

Still, I cannot post in that thread, how is it a long time loved member if only some users can wish him good?

Your bold answer is not friendly. :smt018 This forum is public, or is it not?
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Still, I cannot post in that thread, how is it a long time loved member if only some users can wish him good?
#-o
[BoT] Jack wrote:
Clarkey wrote:The birthday thread was created in the Misc section. It was made a global in the misc section, i believe you can post in it, just through any other section besides the announcement section. :-)

Correct. :-D
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Now you can, just use this link.
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=185047
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:Solus is a long time loved member and Jack feels it right to give him a Global announcement

Still, I cannot post in that thread, how is it a long time loved member if only some users can wish him good?

Nigatsu_Aka, the thing that most users find is that when they search new posts and there's a global announcement it will bring up the thread in the announcement section in the new posts search. People generally click that link, read the posts then find they can't reply. However going to the thread directly from a different part of the forum such as SGW General you will be able to post in the thread.

The issue with this is caused by the fact that the general announcements section is actually a closed section of the forum as it is only for staff use. So when threads become global announcements this closed forum causes people to go through more indirect routes to post. Annoying, but not impossible.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation. :-)
Image ImageImageImage
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Clarkey wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

Nigatsu_Aka, the thing that most users find is that when they search new posts and there's a global announcement it will bring up the thread in the announcement section in the new posts search. People generally click that link, read the posts then find they can't reply. However going to the thread directly from a different part of the forum such as SGW General you will be able to post in the thread.

The issue with this is caused by the fact that the general announcements section is actually a closed section of the forum as it is only for staff use. So when threads become global announcements this closed forum causes people to go through more indirect routes to post. Annoying, but not impossible.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation. :-)

Oh... thanks a lot for that. And Jack too. I've also wondered why no one, else except Magni and the mods replied in the "Amelia scope" thread. Probably they had the same problem.

+5 to Foruming Skill

Level Up.
Congratulations now you have a Foruming Skill level of 2!

:-D
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

No worries, glad to be of help. Congrats on the level up. :-)
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”