Guild's Complaint

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Re: Guild's Complaint

Guild wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Guild wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:I split the posts here.

Since you brought it up, would you like to help us all and bring the complaint to light?

im waiting to see if odin would be able to do anything that would make it worth the hassle of finding the pms and links to the relevent topics

but thanks emp

So you are going to the Ombs before going to the Mods/GMs/Admin. Is it really that difficult of a protocol to follow? #-o

in the first instance i contacted the global moderator and admin !

TELL ME WHO SHOULD I CONTACT ?!?!? because im bewildered

guild take a chill pill mate, if you can show me that protocol was followed then you are more then welcome to bring anything to Ifrit and myself.

untill then im asking people nicely to not flame :)
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

What Odin can do is take what evidence you have and bring a summary to the Admins and say "this is what happened, and this what I think should happen based on that."

To be honest it's the same any Mod can do in this case, see what you have to say and take an appropriate action. The difference with going to the Ombudsman (and the reason there is one) is because he isn't a Mod and is elected by users, so it's someone they should be able to trust will do the "right thing" if they are of the opinion that all Mods are corrupt and will just tell a complaining user to kindly bugger off.

If you feel something wasn't done right you can bring your evidence to that end here and if you are correct then I assure it will not be ignored.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Psyko wrote:So you are going to the Ombs before going to the Mods/GMs/Admin. Is it really that difficult of a protocol to follow? #-o

Forcing people to follow this arbitrary protocol totally defeats the purpose of the Oms. The Oms isn't a last ditch effort, and if he was, then he'd pretty **Filtered** useless. As if all the mods and admins already told you no, it's not likely that the Oms is going to change their mind. The Ombudsman is supposed to be there for when a user is not confident going to the mods/admins for whatever reason.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Psyko
The Irresistible

[BoT] Jack wrote:
Psyko wrote:So you are going to the Ombs before going to the Mods/GMs/Admin. Is it really that difficult of a protocol to follow? #-o

Forcing people to follow this arbitrary protocol totally defeats the purpose of the Oms. The Oms isn't a last ditch effort, and if he was, then he'd pretty **Filtered** useless. As if all the mods and admins already told you no, it's not likely that the Oms is going to change their mind. The Ombudsman is supposed to be there for when a user is not confident going to the mods/admins for whatever reason.

Point taken.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

I spent like a year as Oms, and completely refused to follow any such protocol as it's all bureaucracy and no efficiency.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Mods need to respect to community to be respected back

Guild wrote:i did msg a global mod, they were on of the people i msg'd. i got told to wait his reply.

the only mod who has consitantly seem fair is haz, dont know why hes warned me many times, the reason i think he is better than most is because he is not part of a large alliance, and therefore has minimal reasons to be bias to another

Wait what now? I'm a fair mod now? That seems to be a change. :P

[BoT] Jack wrote:I spent like a year as Oms, and completely refused to follow any such protocol as it's all bureaucracy and no efficiency.

Perhaps, speak to the mod in question, then the GM in charge of them, then Ombs?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Psyko
The Irresistible

Re: Mods need to respect to community to be respected back

Haz wrote:
Guild wrote:i did msg a global mod, they were on of the people i msg'd. i got told to wait his reply.

the only mod who has consitantly seem fair is haz, dont know why hes warned me many times, the reason i think he is better than most is because he is not part of a large alliance, and therefore has minimal reasons to be bias to another

Wait what now? I'm a fair mod now? That seems to be a change. :P

I thought you'd like that. :-)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

[spoiler]No new messages Re: bias, from a OE mod in a OE vs AG war thread

Zeratul

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:29 am

No new messages Re: bias, from a OE mod in a OE vs AG war thread

Zeratul

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:03 am

Zeratul

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 am

No new messages Re: spam

Haz

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:16 am

Haz

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 am[/spoiler]

yh probably just making it up as i go along... , mah what the hells the point.

someone close this.
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Guild wrote:[spoiler]No new messages Re: bias, from a OE mod in a OE vs AG war thread

Zeratul

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:29 am

Zeratul

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:03 am

Zeratul

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 am

Haz

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:16 am

Haz

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 am[/spoiler]

yh probably just making it up as i go along... , mah what the hells the point.

someone close this.
No, if you have something to say then you should say it. Even if it happened 2 months ago.

If you think a Mod, or Mods, is or are doing a bad job then there is no way they can improve unless they are informed and given suggestions on how to improve.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

.... has in the past (before modhood) been slow to reply at times... We remember waiting about two weeks for a reply back then...

give it some time...

ill pass on it, this is why i dont bother tbh.
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Guild, if i give you one piece of advice in this thread, which I hope you will listen to for future occurrences, it is that when you bring anything like this (I mean at the time not this current thread) to an Admin, never single out an admin to PM. Always PM all 3 admins, Zeratul, Earendil and Deni. Unless you know that 2 of them are long term absent then you won't know which admins will be around to handle with your query/concerns etc.

Even if you don't trust one or more admins you should always include them all. That's usually what i always did when I made complaints a couple of years ago and believe me it well help your situation better because if for example if you had PM'd one admin and they were to respond later and completely forgot then you'd have 2 others admins to rely on if you included them all.

Just some free advice.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”